2007 Hockey's Future staff mock draft

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I'm surprised to see Gagner go top 5, and Cherepanov drop so far down to 12... but I have no problem with the Leafs getting Esposito at 13 :D

Thanks guys!

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I just don't see the Rangers passing up Eller if he's there at 19. Rockstrom's been all over this kid since the beginning of the new year. His opinion holds sway, and if he's there, I gotta believe the Rangers will grab him in a heartbeat. In fact, I would not be shocked to see the Rangers try to trade up to get him.

OilerOlli*

Eller is too low and Plante too high.
I hope Edmonton don't choose Plante with the #15 pick.
Earliest with their #36 pick...

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If the Habs select another Russian over Esposito and on top of that Espo would go to the Leafs, the city of Montreal would implode.

Although this mock scenario is feasible, in the Habs bizarro world that mixes sports, politics, nationalism, ignorance - this cannot and will not happen.

emb24*

great! so let me see, has drafting another cupcake overhyped russian and small D man?
umm, don't think so.

they'll take esposito over cherapanov or a latendresse type or a big center...and the D man they take will be bigger

emb24*

...also why would habs not take a potential local superstar over a guy who may be locked in russia for several years? this makes zero sense

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
zach hamill on the flames is exactly what i am wishing for, and it would be the first time i have pegged a player for the flames to take and they actaully take him... unreal.. thanks for the false hope guys hahah

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
It's quite amazing how this entire board has become idiots with regards to Cherepanov, and all because of Kyle Woodlief of all people. I suppose next year a prospect will get dumped on because of a bad scouting report by Eklund. :sarcasm:

Papa_Bear_21

Aug 2, 2005
Whether it be logical or not, I HIGHLY doubt that the habs pass up on 2 Quebec born players with back to back pics in Esposito and Perron. And with all of the trouble they've had bringing Emelin over, I can't see them drafting Cheraponov to wait 2-3 years to get him over. And that's assuming he falls that far.

DoctorDoak

Mar 21, 2006
Ontario
Based on my own (admittedly less informed) opinions, I have to say that this is a surprising mock. As a Sens fan, I'd be hugely disappointed if they select Joakim Andersson at 29th - I hate using 1st rounders on "safe picks," which means in other words he hasn't got much offensive upside. Senators have more than enough bottom six forwards, IMO. I would hope the Sens take a flyer on one of the d-men available at that point - if that is how the draft goes, hearing the Sens say Ian Cole's name would make me awfully happy.

The other obvious question marks are around selections of guys like Cherepanov, Espo, Eller and probably Gillies as well. Although I do see him going to the Pens, somehow.

This is all good food for thought, though. Great job to the writers! :handclap:

Last edited:

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
This mock is ridiculous because Shero always takes the BPA and Eller is much better than Gillies. I can't believe HF writers with all of their hockey knowledge think that the Pens would want Gillies in the 1st Round. Maybe 2nd, but not first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad