2007 draft

kingpin_19

Jan 5, 2005
Drumheller, AB
your pretty far off on alot of players. couture and backlundwill likely go in the top 5, and even if they dont, they still should be ranked there at this point in time. there is no way ryan hayes goes in the top 10, hes a likely second rounder. dayn belfour may not even get drafted, and you have hime in the top 20? jeremy smith and brad phillips from the usa are much better prospects. pat kane should be in the top 10.

I know Logan Couture had a tryout for the U-18 Team (Team Red), but didn't make the cut. I know after the Tavares "scandal" as his father played it, his stock may have fallen b/c of attitude, but to keep a potential top five pick in the Draft off the team has me questioning this top five label. Any elaborations??

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
I know Logan Couture had a tryout for the U-18 Team (Team Red), but didn't make the cut. I know after the Tavares "scandal" as his father played it, his stock may have fallen b/c of attitude, but to keep a potential top five pick in the Draft off the team has me questioning this top five label. Any elaborations??

He was a lock on the team but injured himself in the last few minutes of the last Red/White game and therefor couldn't play in the U18 WCH.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia

yea he was injured along with tavares. you may be thinking of sam gagner. he tried out, and got cut. couture is a top 3 pick at this point in time, the tavares thing holds no weight right now.

kingpin_19

Jan 5, 2005
Drumheller, AB
He was a lock on the team but injured himself in the last few minutes of the last Red/White game and therefor couldn't play in the U18 WCH.

I see. It wasn't reported on the Hockey Canada page, and I haven't been following the boards very closely so I must have missed it.

yea he was injured along with tavares. you may be thinking of sam gagner. he tried out, and got cut. couture is a top 3 pick at this point in time, the tavares thing holds no weight right now.

Yes, I was thought it would be a little strange to have the Tavares thing still over his head. However, unfortunately, I had no other explanation.

patsfan29

Jul 30, 2006
Regina
I see. It wasn't reported on the Hockey Canada page, and I haven't been following the boards very closely so I must have missed it.

Tavares's injury was all the rage on the hockey canada website for awhile...Couture's injury only made a little blip when the U18 roster was announced:

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/2/2/1/9/6/index1.shtml

Two players (Scott Brannon, John Tavares) left camp on Monday, July 31st due to injuries. A third player, Logan Couture (London, ON/Ottawa, OHL) suffered a laceration to his left leg in the final Red vs. White intersquad game on Tuesday and will not be able to compete in the Junior World Cup. Nineteen players were released on Wednesday morning, and returned home.

Last edited:

ales-hemsky89*

mkees hockey

Is there anyone who has the top10 list from McKee´s hockey?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->