2007 draft

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Not really I think the post speaks for itself. I would only add a suspicion that if Gillies were in Raider green, you might feel differently.

actually with him being picked 2nd overall and myself being able to see him play several time i watched to see what this kid had going, and well didnt see anything exciting, other than a few dangerous hits. he just seemed like an average rookie, nowhere near what some of the other 16 year olds in the league are at. and as far as raider green goes, well people may think im biased because im a raider fan, but
thats probably because i dont like setoguchi, or gillies. i am a fan of joe barnes, and ryan keller, and wacey rabbit though. and as far as homerism. do you see me blowing the justin palazzo horn ? he was an exellant 16 year old dman this year. and could very well be picked (maybe even before funk). i catch a lot of flak cause im not a fan of gillies or setoguchi and its easy to say homer. but the truth is we are all entitled to our opinions. if you wanna call homer on me do it, but in reality i have my reasons.

Purkki

Dec 5, 2005
This looks like another bad year for finns. But it's great that nhl 2008 draft looks good for us :D

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
actually with him being picked 2nd overall and myself being able to see him play several time i watched to see what this kid had going, and well didnt see anything exciting, other than a few dangerous hits. he just seemed like an average rookie, nowhere near what some of the other 16 year olds in the league are at. and as far as raider green goes, well people may think im biased because im a raider fan, but
thats probably because i dont like setoguchi, or gillies. i am a fan of joe barnes, and ryan keller, and wacey rabbit though. and as far as homerism. do you see me blowing the justin palazzo horn ? he was an exellant 16 year old dman this year. and could very well be picked (maybe even before funk). i catch a lot of flak cause im not a fan of gillies or setoguchi and its easy to say homer. but the truth is we are all entitled to our opinions. if you wanna call homer on me do it, but in reality i have my reasons.

Actually as a Blades fan i agree with you, the handful of games i attended last year colton gillies seemed quite over rated to me as well.

6jagr8

Aug 25, 2005
Look for Brunetau and Sartorre to hava a break out year, tru super playas aska their dads

LWD

Apr 2, 2006
dannobaum, keep knocking Gillies, your probably one of the very few that cannot see the huge upside of his potential or you do but your to much of a homer to admit it. This kid is going to piss you off when he plays in PA just like setoguchi did. And next summer Colton will get drafted in the first round.

bigv

Aug 13, 2006
Czech republic
Slovakia players and Latvija

What about slovak players ...........I think that Lukas Vartovnik (everett) and Juraj Valach (Tri-city) can be there.......................kukas is power forward and Juraj is Gigant on the ice and best Giant skater in 89 ...........and there are some latvija players in chl...........................what do you say............:teach: :teach: :teach:

bigv

Aug 13, 2006
Czech republic
good players in slovakia

:bow: ohhhhhhhhh, I know the draft is for .................. some countries ...............like canada usa.............etc

bigv

Aug 13, 2006
Czech republic
My predict now

1Colton Gilles
2Angelo Esposito
3Nick Petrecki
4Jakub Voracek
5Brandon Sutter
6Oscar Moeller
7James Van Riemsdyk
8Alex Plante
9Mikael Baeklund
10Ryan Hayes
11Mark Katic
12Tylor Sexsmith
13Baskirov
14Gustavson
15Alex Grant
16Thomas Hickey
17Belfour
18Ennis
19Shatenkirk
20Schenn
21Couture
22Valach
23Motin
24Sciaroni
25Torquato
26Michal Repik
27David Stich
28Blum
29Anzler
30Vartovnik

Gillies feels like Taylor Pyatt to me.

Yeah, that's the first player I thought of too when I read reports about Gillies. Although Pyatt's junior scoring numbers are quite solid and Gillies hasn't really showed that he can produce as well as his scouting report indicates he should.

Perhaps if he gets really lucky, he'll be become an HF legend like Pyatt.;)

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
1Colton Gilles
2Angelo Esposito
3Nick Petrecki
4Jakub Voracek
5Brandon Sutter
6Oscar Moeller
7James Van Riemsdyk
8Alex Plante
9Mikael Baeklund
10Ryan Hayes
11Mark Katic
12Tylor Sexsmith
13Baskirov
14Gustavson
15Alex Grant
16Thomas Hickey
17Belfour
18Ennis
19Shatenkirk
20Schenn
21Couture
22Valach
23Motin
24Sciaroni
25Torquato
26Michal Repik
27David Stich
28Blum
29Anzler
30Vartovnik

your pretty far off on alot of players. couture and backlundwill likely go in the top 5, and even if they dont, they still should be ranked there at this point in time. there is no way ryan hayes goes in the top 10, hes a likely second rounder. dayn belfour may not even get drafted, and you have hime in the top 20? jeremy smith and brad phillips from the usa are much better prospects. pat kane should be in the top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->