2007 Draft Top 10

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
pei fan said:
Espo is still potentially top two but his stock has come down from the start of the year when he was playing with Radulov.He's been closer to a point a game guy without Radulov than the 2 point a game player he was with him.

Anyone remember who it was who said Espo's pace at the start of the season was due to Radulov? :teach: ;)

Any 16/17 year old putting up a point per game in a CHL league is mighty fine.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Balej's Dance said:
Any 16/17 year old putting up a point per game in a CHL league is mighty fine.
I'm not disputing that at all, but there were you know who type of comparison's at the start of the year.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
pei fan said:
I'm not disputing that at all, but there were you know who type of comparison's at the start of the year.

Point taken.

I'm interested in Backlund. It seems he's blessed with Backstrom type skill or better and with most of the Swede's it seems like a great work ethic could boost this guy into elite player potential.

The Little Swede

May 11, 2006
The Beach!
Balej's Dance said:
Point taken.

I'm interested in Backlund. It seems he's blessed with Backstrom type skill or better and with most of the Swede's it seems like a great work ethic could boost this guy into elite player potential.

He played in the Mac's and won MVP, top scorer, and first team all-star..........so I'd say he's well on his way!

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
pei fan said:
Espo is still potentially top two but his stock has come down from the start of the year when he was playing with Radulov.He's been closer to a point a game guy without Radulov than the 2 point a game player he was with him.

Anyone remember who it was who said Espo's pace at the start of the season was due to Radulov? :teach: ;)

1. Espo didn't start with Radulov. It was around 7 games in when they got moved to the same line :P

2. Espo got sick during the U17, and lost 10lbs. Yet, he toughed it out and tried to play.
When he came back Roy, not wanting to give Espo alot of pressure moved him down to the
2nd line.

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
Could anyone make up a list combining this years draft and 2007 together? It would give me a better understanding to how some of these kids rank compared to the Kessel, E.J, Staal and so on...Top 30 or so?

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
Blum and Mahachek will definitly shootup. Gilles? WOW. I knew he was projected top 10 but wow. He played for my minor hockey association and if things go as planed my buddy could be a top pick in the 08 draft coming from the same association.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
After the fantastic show put on by Kyle Turris in the RBC Cup tournament --how can he not be up among the top prospects for the '07 draft? Oodles of speed and skill galore...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I can't wait to see Petrecki's progression this year. Kid definately has the possiblity of going #1 overall as he's going to be just as good a prospect as Erik Johnson is this year, IMO.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
This is McKeen's top 10

1 Angelo Esposito RW Quebec (QMJHL) 6-0/180
2 Nick Petrecki D Omaha (USHL) 6-3/205
3 Mikael Backlund C Vasteras (Swe) 5-11/185
4 Colton Gillies C Saskatoon (WHL) 6-4/180
5 Brandon Sutter RW Red Deer (WHL) 6-2/165
6 Tristin Llewellyn D Tri-City (USHL) 6-2/190
7 Logan Couture C Ottawa (OHL) 6-0/190
8 Alex Grant D Saint John (QMJHL) 6-2/190
9 Thomas Hickey D Seattle (WHL) 5-10/185
10 Sam Gagner C Sioux City (USHL) 5-10/185

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Turris was awesome this year. I can see him shooting up the rankings next season. I bet he will be among the top guys by this time next year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The Viking Fury said:
Who are the top defensemen coming up in the next few years, and where can I learn more about them?

Llewellyn, Petrecki, Grant, Hickey, Alzner and Katic I would say are the top 6 defenseman right now with Petrecki being the best out of them all.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
Ya you guys beat me to Turris. He's a really good player who I've seen play a few times. He's supposed to go back to Burnaby next year and then Wisconsin the year after but I think he's to good for Jr.A and since he's WHL rights are owned by Vancouver (Mem. Cup hosts = maximum exposure) I wouldn't be suprised if he has a change of heart and signs with them

Chuck Schwartz

Dec 11, 2004
Wisconsin
www.buckyhockey.com
Adam91 said:
Ya you guys beat me to Turris. He's a really good player who I've seen play a few times. He's supposed to go back to Burnaby next year and then Wisconsin the year after but I think he's to good for Jr.A and since he's WHL rights are owned by Vancouver (Mem. Cup hosts = maximum exposure) I wouldn't be suprised if he has a change of heart and signs with them

http://hockey-thoughts.blogspot.com/2006/05/turris-to-stay-on-track-to-wisconsin.html

"I'm 100% coming to Wisconsin."-Kyle Turris

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
What is it about these kids shunning the WHL to go play college. Bertram, Cogliano, Toews, and now Turris. Take it to the bank Bertram would have been drafted higher than middle second round if he was playing in Vancouver with Brule.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
monster_bertuzzi said:
What is it about these kids shunning the WHL to go play college. Bertram, Cogliano, Toews, and now Turris. Take it to the bank Bertram would have been drafted higher than middle second round if he was playing in Vancouver with Brule.

Cogliano is from Toronto he shunned the OHL...

There's always kids who feel the education route is a safer root that fits their needs. It sucks because we all want to see these players in the CHL but hey that's their decision.

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
Why are so many oblivious to Minnesotans...who eventually blast out of nowhere to get tons of recognition very late?

I guess it doesn't matter. Put the name OBrien in your time vault.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
5mn Major said:
Why are so many oblivious to Minnesotans...who eventually blast out of nowhere to get tons of recognition very late?

yeah Jimmy O'Brien will be a good one, he is very exciting to watch. But I wouldn't say he will come out of no where as alot of people already have him in the top 15...he is one of the best players for his age in the USA and he has been getting alot of exposure at times so he is not a name that is going to come out of no where to surprise, all he can do now is improve his ranking.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
5mn Major said:

Well usually they play High school hockey.... they don't go to the USHL, CHL, or NCAA until they are older and already drafted to the NHL. This seems to be why this happens.... it's just a different style of development.... some use the NTDP which is a great step....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad