2007 Draft-Go out on a limb

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Olivier Fortier crack the 1st round
Bill Sweatt will go to the bruins
Max Pacioretty to the habs
Couture drop to late 1st round pick(schremp like)
Hamill to the 2nd round
1 goalie will go in the 1st round

John E. Ringo

Aug 18, 2003
Visit site
Chicago doesn't make the first pick.

At least three deals made involving the top ten picks.

Michigan high school D Will Webber gets taken either at #46 or #53.

HABSMANIA21*

i know if espo is still around he wont go much farther than montreal at 12

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
A team outside of the top ten will trade into the top ten, only to select one of: Brandon Sutter, Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i, Bill Sweatt, Nick Petrecki

Angelo Esposito goes top 5

Some team desperate for goaltending goes overboard and selects Linden Rowat with their first rounder

Patrick Kane falls alot further than many think

Neither Karl Alzner nor Keaton Ellerby is the first defenseman selected

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
One of Gennady Churilov, Alexander Loginov, or Ivan Kasutin gets drafted in the later rounds by a team that had done their homework and ends up being the steal of the draft. On an even bolder note, perhaps even one of Denis Osipov, Evegny Ketov, or Anton Belov ending up being drafted and becoming a solid prospect for that team - but the chances of that happening are substantially less than one in a million.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
One of Gennady Churilov, Alexander Loginov, or Ivan Kasutin gets drafted in the later rounds by a team that had done their homework and ends up being the steal of the draft. On an even bolder note, perhaps even one of Denis Osipov, Evegny Ketov, or Anton Belov ending up being drafted and becoming a solid prospect for that team - but the chances of that happening are substantially less than one in a million.
Mmmh.. these guys were never drafted?
i would be really surprised if Churilov is not picked.
btw, are '86 born Ketov and Belov still elegible?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Mmmh.. these guys were never drafted?
i would be really surprised if Churilov is not picked.
btw, are '86 born Ketov and Belov still elegible?

I believe it is 86' to 89' for European born players this time around - both the CBA and the draft media guide specify it as such. While I couldn't explain Churilov not getting drafted from a logical standpoint, the scouting services don't seem to think much of him... perhaps the teams share their opinion.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
I believe it is 86' to 89' for European born players this time around - both the CBA and the draft media guide specify it as such.
thanks. do you have a link to such guide?

While I couldn't explain Churilov not getting drafted from a logical standpoint, the scouting services don't seem to think much of him... perhaps the teams share their opinion.
Well, i really want to see if all 30 teams share their opinion :rolleyes:

Artie

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal, Que
Visit site
if we're going out on a limb...then let's go

Gaborik ends up in MTL (in a swap of picks and players)

Gagner or Alzner end up in MTL

Sutter ends up in Edmonton

Subban ends up in Montreal (everyone goes scrambling for Draft guides)

Perron and Espo end up in Boston (110% set explodes)

Pierre McGuire's favorite pick (insert name here) gets passed on by too many teams (Pierre McGuire's head explodes)

Columbus takes Alex Killorn

The Habs end up with a Nash.

Last edited:

silvergorilla

Jun 11, 2004
Bold Bold Bold

I predict that Riley Nash goes in the first round fron Jr.A BCHL Salmon Arm.. Just like Chucko and Zajac a few years ago they will turn out another 1st rounder

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
I predict that Riley Nash goes in the first round fron Jr.A BCHL Salmon Arm.. Just like Chucko and Zajac a few years ago they will turn out another 1st rounder

I've heard Edmonton would really like him...he'll go no later than 36 maybe number 30, unless there's someone who really slipped, and the Oilers have him over Nash...

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002

I also think this is very possible.

Riley Nash is my pick for "safest player from the BCHL."

Of all the players I have interviewed for HF over the past three years, Nash was definitely in my top 3 for how well he interviewed (very intelligent, very mature, etc). I would not at all be surprised if somebody took him from 25-30, he is going to be, IMO, a good all-around player and leader in the NHL.

Artie

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal, Que
Visit site
I also think this is very possible.

Riley Nash is my pick for "safest player from the BCHL."

Of all the players I have interviewed for HF over the past three years, Nash was definitely in my top 3 for how well he interviewed (very intelligent, very mature, etc). I would not at all be surprised if somebody took him from 25-30, he is going to be, IMO, a good all-around player and leader in the NHL.

What is his projected offensive potential? (i.e. could he be considered for 2nd line).

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
What is his projected offensive potential? (i.e. could he be considered for 2nd line).

I think it's a bit of a stretch personally unless he adds 20 lbs of muscle. My own personal view is that if he's a 2nd liner, it's going to be as the defensive component of a line that he can also hold his own offensively.

PeteLaframboise

Sep 11, 2006
1 - Boston will trade Glenn Murray friday

2 - Montreal will package their pick to move up.

3 - Ballsilie buys the Leafs and moves them to Zimbabwe.

arcticwinter

Apr 16, 2005
johnathan Blum will drop like a rock.Everyone will like him but won't want the small d-man.sweatt,petricki,gillies,moller will creep a bit higher.eller will also go a couple spots higher.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Adding to my "7 or 8 USHS picks in the top 50" prediction made earlier, how about Eric Tangradi in the top 20?

By the way, this thread is about going out on a limb. folks- not just standard predictions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad