2007 Draft-Go out on a limb

Checker*

I had the idea of a thread where we can post our bold predictions about the upcoming draft. It'll be nice for that "I freakin' called it factor" and so that we can get more opinions that are contrary to popular belief out there without everyone having to go through the time and trouble of making a mock draft.

My 3 Bold Predicitons

1)Tommy Cross goes top 20. Severely underrated around here, a team takes a flyer early on the youngest defenseman in the draft. Sure the fact that he hasn't faced elite competition makes him a bit of a questionmark, but he is a questionmark with superb hockey sense and poise, skating, passing, and size.

2) Someone is going to take Juraj Valach top 50. Initially I thought about making this prediction about him going first round, but decided that was a bit too bold. Some GM though is going to have visions of drafting their very own Chara and go for the homerun with this monster. It's not a bad idea especially when you consider that his skating really isn't that bad at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
Mikael Backlund will go top 12.

Cherepanov will fall like a penny dropped from the top of the Empire State Building.

Checker*

I was about to write mcdonagh will be drafted by mtl at 12th...but what is that story about him and a 15 years old girl? That guy is really the next chelios lol

Whoops. Had the wrong guy completely. I'll erase. My bad. I had Ryan McDonagh crossed up with Ryan McDonough due to their obvious similarities in name. I don't know why I didn't catch the mistake sooner as other than similar names, there's really not that much they have in common other than playing hockey

Last edited by a moderator:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
OK. Here is my prediction, every GM drafting after 6, but before Eller is selected, will regret passing on him.

hoppy

EK65
Jun 11, 2006
St. John's
Kinda hard to go out on a limb in this draft but I'll just make predictions.

Logan Couture goes 8th overall to Boston
The Wild draft James O'brien at 19th
Carolina drafts Kevin Shattenkirk at 11
Brandon Sutter is drafted after the first round
Zach Hamill goes top 10

Someone has to break out "Ellerby drafted before Alzner"

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Mikael Backlund will go top 12.

Cherepanov will fall like a penny dropped from the top of the Empire State Building.
If we're just throwing out thoughts... I think he'll go top 10 and be the best player taken in this draft 5 years from now.

Killer

May 16, 2006
Karlstad
Let's just hope that all GM's in the top 19 don't pick Backlund, so that he ends up with Sid, Gino and Jordan.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
- Katic won't go until the 4th round. I know he's slid in some ratings, but a lot of the mocks I see around here still have him late in the first or atleast early in the second.

-Detroit will pick a north American in the first round

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
- Angelo Esposito goes in the top 5
- 3 of the top 10 picks are going to be traded
- Gillies goes in the top 15 (and will be a good one)

kostitsyn1489

Jun 18, 2006
Louiseville, Quebec
Ellerby will go before Alzner? :D

Hum I'd say
Katic goes in the first round.
Lars Eller goes in the top 8.
Petricky falls out of the first round.
Perron falls in the 2nd round.

That's pretty much it.

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
Lars Eller will go top 10.

Joakim Anderrson will go top 20

The Kings will select Kyle Turris. If Turris is gone by #4 then they will trade down or just trade the pick for immediate help.

There will be 5+ trades in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad