2007 Calder Trophy Winner is.....?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
My last darkhorse pick got injured (Kronwall). But I'm willing to chance it. If he lands a top 6 spot expect Jiri Hudler to make some noise. He's too talented to be ineffective regardless of his size.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
SensGuy said:
Not eligible.

Is Toivonen eligible? What's the rule for goalies?

Anyways, I'm going to say Alexander Radulov.

He played 20 games last year. I though that qualifies him (?). Anyone else know how many games played disqualifies a goalie from Calder eligibility???

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Mallard said:
He played 20 games last year. I though that qualifies him (?). Anyone else know how many games played disqualifies a goalie from Calder eligibility???
I believe it is 25 games in any one season or 6+ in any two seasons.

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
Gilbert Brule. I'd rather he went back to Junior, and played for Canada in the WJC - but he is deemed a lock to make Columbus happen next year.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Malkin has to get to North America before he's going to win it. Yes, he may very well do that, but he may very well not. Either way, I'm thinking he won't win it. I don't know who it'll be but I'm leaning away from Malkin.

Bam Beet*

Im a homer so ill say Wolski. But seriously can you imagine Wolski playing with Svatos! :amazed:

wildone26*

ndening said:
Robbie Schremp

Robbie Schremp was deemed by the U.S coaches at the World juniors to not be good enough to play on the top two lines of even that team, and not to be good enough to be one of the players not on the bench when he shortened his bench to 6 forwards. He was not even deemed to be one of the 6 best forwards on a U.S team that came only 4th at the World juniors. Yet you think he will win the Calder?

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
I think it's different for goalies. I think it's 15 games in one season or some sort of combination over two, so I think Toivunen is not eligble next year.

That's just off the top of my head but I think that's the way it works.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
O'Sullivan
Playing with Gaborik and getting some serious powerplay time will get him alot of points.

veronesepk

Feb 11, 2005
If Malkin comes over, it will be Malkin. If not, and Radulov gets to play with Nashville soon after the season begins (i.e. - doesn't spend most of the year in the AHL), I think he has a nice shot at winning.

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
veronesepk said:
If Malkin comes over, it will be Malkin. If not, and Radulov gets to play with Nashville soon after the season begins (i.e. - doesn't spend most of the year in the AHL), I think he has a nice shot at winning.
I think Radulovs getting bit to much hype these days. Im not convinced hes the next great russian, but he looks to me to be more like the next Brendl. Hopefully Im wrong but we'll see.

Malkin is the runaway favorite if he comes over. Without Malkin in the league, Patty O'Sullivan has a good shot at winning. Kopitar is my homer pick depending on the ice time he earns with the Kings.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad