2006 World Junior groups (Elite level) in Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faaxinho

Dec 2, 2003
Tampere, Finland
Gurj said:
Based on the usual IIHF formula, here are the 2 groups for next year's World Juniors in Vancouver.

Group A (expect this to be based in Vancouver)
Canada
USA
Finland
Switzerland
Norway

Group B (expect this group to be split between Kamloops and Kelowna)
Russia
Czech Republic
Sweden
Slovakia
Latvia

It looks like we could make it to top-3 in our group next year. Then again, who knows about Switzerland?

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Faaxinho said:
It looks like we could make it to top-3 in our group next year. Then again, who knows about Switzerland?

I think we have a (slightly) better team next year. We might even be able to win USA and at least challenge Canada.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wow. players like Crosby and Kessel are probably licking their chops at the prospects of facing friggin' Norway.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
tommi462 said:
I think we have a (slightly) better team next year. We might even be able to win USA and at least challenge Canada.

I honestly don't think Canada is going to be very good next year. They have only 2 players that could be returnees.. Crosby and Barker... Barker I'm sure WILL be there, but you never know, Crosby could be playing in the NHL, or Europe if there's no NHL or with the Canadian National team. With the facts that every other team has 7-10 guys returning next year, it's going to be tough to defend the WJC title.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The U.S. is going to ice a much better squad than this year, especially on defense. Canada on the other hand will have a very young squad with few returnees. A better situation for the U.S. IMO.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Rabid Ranger said:
The U.S. is going to ice a much better squad than this year, especially on defense. Canada on the other hand will have a very young squad with few returnees. A better situation for the U.S. IMO.
I'm not doubting you, but seeing defense as our weaklest link this year who is going to step up next year to make the squad so much stronger?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
triggrman said:
I'm not doubting you, but seeing defense as our weaklest link this year who is going to step up next year to make the squad so much stronger?

Jack Johnson

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
triggrman said:

Addition by subtraction. No more Likens or Hunwick, an older Lee and Hagemo, Jack Johnson, and perhaps Erik Johnson, not to mention Matt Lashoff, and perhaps a guy like Michael Sauer. It will be a better group, even without Suter.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Canada doesn't look too strong next year, I think few teams could challenge it.

Team Finland *should* be much stronger next year, the whole core of the team returns and all of them should be regulars at FEL at that point.

Group A looks scary though with potential top3 playing in the same division.

Vic Rattlehead*

Vancouver player Brule should be on the team next year.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I hate to start new threads so I'll ask this question here .

Who are the early favs to make up Team Canada next season ?

Will there be enough talent to compete with some of the other teams who have more players returning than Canada ? (Crosby + ? etc..)

:(

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
If there is no NHL it's not gonna be a weak team.

Let me throw in some names..

Sidney Crosby, Gilbert Brule, Alex Bourret, Kyle Chipchura, Dustin Boyd, Ryan O'Marra, Chris Durand, Guillaume Latendresse, Cameron Barker, Kris Russel, Ryan Parent

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
markov` said:
If there is no NHL it's not gonna be a weak team.

Let me throw in some names..

Sidney Crosby, Gilbert Brule, Alex Bourret, Kyle Chipchura, Dustin Boyd, Ryan O'Marra, Chris Durand, Guillaume Latendresse, Cameron Barker, Kris Russel, Ryan Parent
Lets not forget that the tournament will be hold in Canada and with the crowd behind them they will certainly overachieve.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
jcpenny said:
Lets not forget that the tournament will be hold in Canada and with the crowd behind them they will certainly overachieve.

Or underachieve. The pressure is worst at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->