2006 U18 World Cup Canada Roster

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Who do you think will be on the team this summer
name 13 forwards 7d and 2 goaltenders

Here are my choices:

Forwards
Tavares (OHL) -- Esposito (QMJHL) -- Gillies (WHL)
Sutter (WHL) -- Couture (OHL) -- Sparling (WHL)
Cameron (OHL) -- Boychuk (WHL) -- Gagner (OHL)
Laroche (QMJHL) -- Torquato (OHL) -- MacMillan (QMJHL)
13th Forward - Aliu (OHL)

Defense:
Hickey (WHL) -- Doughty (OHL)
Katic (OHL) -- Grant (QMJHL)
Kerr (WHL) -- Smith (OPJHL)
7th d-man - Negrin (WHL)

Goalies:
Sexsmith (WHL)
Borden (OHL)

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
ktownhockey said:

Here are my choices:

Forwards

Defense:
7th d-man - Negrin (WHL)

Goalies:
Sexsmith (WHL)
Borden (OHL)

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
Keep in mind that this team isn't named. Instead, 40 or so players will be invited to the summer camp with the opportunity to make the team.

There is absolutely no way Akim Aliu will make this team let alone be named to the final selection camp. Keep in mind he wasn't on Team Ontario, has a reputation for being a cancer in the dressing room which preceded the Downie incident, and would not have been a 1st round OHL pick if Windsor did not take him. Windsor only took him because on one else would go there.

Borden also will not be on the final roster. He was the back-up for Team Ontario to Trevor Cann and neither one of them played well at the u-17 tourney. In fact, they were the reason Ontario did not win a medal.

That being said here is who I think will make the roster.

Forwards:

John Tavares
Angelo Esposito (unless he's with WJ team which I think he will be)
Colton Gillies
Logan Couture
Sam Gagner
Brandon Sutter
Dwight King
Zack Torquato
Tyler Ennis
Logan Macmillan
Michael Stinziani
Brian Cameron
Kyle Turris

Other possibilities:
Dana Tyrell
Dustin Sylvester
Colton Grant
Scott Brannon
Brad Malone
Colin Escott
Kevin Veilleux
Jason Gregoire
Brett Leffler

Defensemen:

Drew Doughty
Mark Katic
Brendan Smith
Thomas Hickey
Ryan Kerr
John Negrin
Alex Grant

Other Possibilities:
Keith Aulie
Kevin Marshall
Nick Ross
Eric Doyle
Justin Palazzo

Goalies:
Tyson Sexsmith
Nicola Riopel

Other Possibilities:
Rafael D'orso
David Aime

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
ktownhockey said:

Here are my choices:

Forwards

Defense:
7th d-man - Negrin (WHL)

Goalies:
Sexsmith (WHL)
Borden (OHL)

No way Ryan Kerr makes Team Canada. He will be lucky to even receive an invite.....and I mean that!

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
cdnhky1 said:
Keep in mind that this team isn't named. Instead, 40 or so players will be invited to the summer camp with the opportunity to make the team.

There is absolutely no way Akim Aliu will make this team let alone be named to the final selection camp. Keep in mind he wasn't on Team Ontario, has a reputation for being a cancer in the dressing room which preceded the Downie incident, and would not have been a 1st round OHL pick if Windsor did not take him. Windsor only took him because on one else would go there.

Borden also will not be on the final roster. He was the back-up for Team Ontario to Trevor Cann and neither one of them played well at the u-17 tourney. In fact, they were the reason Ontario did not win a medal.

That being said here is who I think will make the roster.

Forwards:

John Tavares
Angelo Esposito (unless he's with WJ team which I think he will be)
Colton Gillies
Logan Couture
Sam Gagner
Brandon Sutter
Dwight King
Zack Torquato
Tyler Ennis
Logan Macmillan
Michael Stinziani
Brian Cameron
Kyle Turris

Other possibilities:
Dana Tyrell
Dustin Sylvester
Colton Grant
Scott Brannon
Brad Malone
Colin Escott
Kevin Veilleux
Jason Gregoire
Brett Leffler

Defensemen:

Drew Doughty
Mark Katic
Brendan Smith
Thomas Hickey
Ryan Kerr
John Negrin
Alex Grant

Other Possibilities:
Keith Aulie
Kevin Marshall
Nick Ross
Eric Doyle
Justin Palazzo

Goalies:
Tyson Sexsmith
Nicola Riopel

Other Possibilities:
Rafael D'orso
David Aime

As I said in my previous post, there is no way Ryan Kerr makes Team Canada, let alone gets an invite to the evaluation camp.

-Another guy you might want to consider is Brett Sonne from the Calgary Hitmen. He will for sure be invited to the summer eval camp.

-One kid you didn't give consideration, but ktownhockey did, is Zach Boychuk. He was the top 1989 born for points in the WHL this year and will be at the Canadian camp in August.

-A kid on D by the name of Luke Schenn should get an invite to the eval camp. He had a fine year with the Kelowna Rockets. Good size, tough and played a regular shift at 16.

-Another goalie out West here who will probably get a camp invite is Kurtis Mucha from the Portland Winter Hawks. The kid was phenomenal for the Hawks, especially in the playoffs.

-Good job noting Kyle Turris. The kid is having an excellent year playing Junior A in Burnaby and his team could be playing for a national championship if they can defeat Fort Mac from Alberta.

Haute Couture

Feb 27, 2002
Bay of Pigs
Visit site
cdnhky1 said:
There is absolutely no way Akim Aliu will make this team let alone be named to the final selection camp. Keep in mind he wasn't on Team Ontario, has a reputation for being a cancer in the dressing room which preceded the Downie incident,

Yeah, he was a cancer because he refused to abide by the hazing rituals and... well, got cross-checked in the face by Downie while in practice.

I agree. He's a cancer. :shakehead

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Just because the media says someone is a "cancer" doesn't mean they will always be. The kid (Aliu) is 16 years old and he came in cocky and he had to pay the consequences. When he get to Sudbury he played extremely well and his play warrented a spot on the team. That being said Hockey Canada picked Downie so you never know they could take Aliu.

Either way the team I listed would be the guys I would pick. Alot of the Western guys I seldomly get to see but I hear enough about most of them to put together a team.

It should be a very good team no matter who makes it.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
HabLover said:
As I said in my previous post, there is no way Ryan Kerr makes Team Canada, let alone gets an invite to the evaluation camp.

-Another guy you might want to consider is Brett Sonne from the Calgary Hitmen. He will for sure be invited to the summer eval camp.

-One kid you didn't give consideration, but ktownhockey did, is Zach Boychuk. He was the top 1989 born for points in the WHL this year and will be at the Canadian camp in August.

-A kid on D by the name of Luke Schenn should get an invite to the eval camp. He had a fine year with the Kelowna Rockets. Good size, tough and played a regular shift at 16.

-Another goalie out West here who will probably get a camp invite is Kurtis Mucha from the Portland Winter Hawks. The kid was phenomenal for the Hawks, especially in the playoffs.

-Good job noting Kyle Turris. The kid is having an excellent year playing Junior A in Burnaby and his team could be playing for a national championship if they can defeat Fort Mac from Alberta.

I haven't heard anything about Luke Schenn can you give a more detailed report on his play or have a link that does?
Thanks

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Yeah, agreed with the people on Kerr.

I played against him for his two years of Bantam and a bit of Junior B, he is by far the worst skater for a top prospect I've ever seen, unless he's drastically improven in that aspect of the game within the year, but for some reason I don't think he has.

Oh yeah, because he's already been traded, and for scraps at that too. Well not scraps, but not great players.

Kerr is a bust, he'll never make it outside of the WHL.

EDIT:

Glad someone mentioned Turris before I do, a fellow former NSWC player Turris is a real good hockey player. Much like Bradford in his days, almost a spitting image.

I imagine Turris will rip it up just as Bradford did at the u18 World Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad