2006 Team Canada = No Skill, Too slow, No passion, 2010=Back on top

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulok*

Lets start of by saying this.

WAYNE GRETZKY has done more for hockey Canada as Executive Director for Team Canada then any other sad sack GM and ED in this countries rich history. The Great One will be back as Canada's leader in 2010. Hes a winner and "most" of these losers that let him and the rest of the country down at these olympics will certainly not. Simply too many floaters and not enough good skaters on the team...

Wayne was not wrong in his selections although even the greatest sports figures make mistakes and learn from them. Wayne is simply too proud to walk away until he brings this country back to the top of the world again. Mark my words. He will be back... as for the players this is what Team Canada should look similar to during the whistler comeback!

Forwards;

Sydney Crosby
Jason Spezza
Eric Staal
Dany Heatley
Rick Nash
Alex Tanguay
Patrice Bergeron
Brad Richards
Jarret Stoll
Simon Gagne
Blank??
Blank?? {players with speed stickhandling and more finesse}
Blank??

Defense;

Dion Phaneuf
Jay Boumeester
Cam Barker
Marc Andre Bergeron
Scott Niedermayer
Chris Pronger
Blank?? { the next great upcoming canadian defenseman should
be inserted here

Goalie;

Roberto Luongo
Marty Turco
Blank??

Coach; Bryan Sutter, or any of the Sutter brothers str8 up! they
wont take shyt as results
Jacques Lemaire? Ken hitchcock? John Muckler?

Phanuthier*

If we haven't pooped on them enough, I think Thornton and Iginla will be there.

And I can't believe you have MA Bergeron there. Wade Redden?

if-away

Jul 23, 2005
Who knows what the next 4 years will bring? Who knows who will rise and who will fall? Some of the listed players might be off the radar while unknown players will be all the rage.

Maybe in 4 years I'll come back here and bump this thread just to compare and see how our predictions matched up.

Phanuthier*

if-away said:
Who knows what the next 4 years will bring? Who knows who will rise and who will fall? Some of the listed players might be off the radar while unknown players will be all the rage.

Maybe in 4 years I'll come back here and bump this thread just to compare and see how our predictions matched up.
Exactly. Paul Kariya was a origanal 8 selection for 2002... and couldn't even find his way onto 2004 or 2006. Eric Brewer was supposed to be a main stay after 1998, 2002 and 2004, but he goes to St Louis and dissapears off the face of the earth.

if-away

Jul 23, 2005
And frankly maybe in 4 years cloning will be perfected and legal. In that case we'll be set with 6 angry Dions as defensemen. :sarcasm:

muffin with tentacle

Jan 28, 2006
Ottawa
if-away said:
And frankly maybe in 4 years cloning will be perfected and legal. In that case we'll be set with 6 angry Dions as defensemen. :sarcasm:

And twelve Sidney Crosbies! They could do each other's hair and talk about boys at slumber parties.

BCCHL inactive

Chris Pronger???

All he can do is cross check. He was the worst defenceman in the tournament. How anybody can see him even close to being international calibre in 4 years is beyond me.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
I think Barrett Jackman will be on the team in 2010.

Will there be a World Cup in 2008? I actually hope not because a best-on-best tournament ever 4 years is better than every 2. It means more every 4 years. If the NHL decides not to go back to the Olympics (which I can't believe they would with it being held in Vancouver), then they should stick to the World Cup every 4 years.

AgentNaslund*

we lacked speed, but not the skill.

Missing Kariya, Fleury, Niewyndyke, (dont get me wrong, hes a fast skater)
Peca is a great skater

Brewer, (big and fast)
Jovo (big and fast)
Neidermery( small and fast)

vs 2006 team...

Redden not fast
Pronger a slug on the big ice
Blake not fast
McCabe horrible foot speed at the Olympic Level
Regher not fast
Foote not fast
Boumeester (this kid can fly)

you see something wrong here? our defence is big and slow!!!! too slow!!!!

next time , Ed Jovanovski have a better chance then Pronger or Blake at making the team, by virtue of being a way faster skater then those slugs.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Brewer making the team. He would be 31, by the time and probably be one of the leaders.

MA Bergeron shouldnt be there. I dont want team Canada with a defencemen that is 5'9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->