Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
BrooklynCanuck said:
My unborn children are looking pretty darn good for 2023
yours too?

mine may have skill, but I think they may be too small to make the jump
also they probably won't be solid in their own end and they could even be soft players
I probably shouldn't even enroll them in hockey, lousy talentless punks

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
So at the risk of this thread turing ugly... here are some of the top talent for 2006...

Matt Corrente (Defenseman... Ontario)
Matt is being compared to a young Adam Foote and is almost a lock to go 1st overall in this year's OHL draft.

Ben Smith (Forward... Massachusett's I believe)
Last name ring a bell? That's right it's his son folks and one of the top 88 players in North America and will likely be a 1st round QMJHL selection this season.

Erik Johnson (Defenseman... ?)
Erik is phenomenol and that doesn't even tell the whole story. He has some work to do but has the potential to DOMINATE at the pro level (already has the size at about 6' 3" 200 lbs. and isn't done growing yet)

Brian Strait (Defenseman... Playing @ Northfield Prep)
If he hasn't already, he's going to be committing to a D-1 school anytime now, very technically sound defenseman. Will never win a Norris but he's one of those defenseman that every team covets.

Joe Palmer (Goaltender... US)
Best '88 goaltender in my opinion and the best goalie the US has produced in MANY years. Look for Dipietro-hype around this kid provider his development doesn't plateau.

There's many more top prospects that are 1988 born but to be honest I just don't have the time to type them all out.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
A top 10 of this is the early list for me.

1. Alexander Vasyunov--F—Lokamotive 88 6’00/167 27
2. Carter Camper--Center—Honey Baked 5’09/163
3. Benjamin Breault—Forward—CCL(Quebec) 5’11/175
4. Daniel Bertram—F—Camrose Jr A 5’11/180
5. Philip Kessel—Forward—NTDP 17 5’10/160
6. Jesse Joensuu—Forward—Assat (finland) 6’02/170
7. Ondrej Fiala—Forward-- Hc Trinec 0’00/000
8. Sergey Belyakov—Forward—Krylia 87 ?’??/???
9. Jonathon Toews—Center—Shattuck (WHL) 6’00/170
10. Peter Mueller—Forward—NTDP 17 6’01/190
11. Sergey Arkadev--Forward—Medvedi 88 0’00/000
12. Jason Legualt—Defense—West Island (Quebec)6’02/215
13. Jonathan Bernier—Goalie—Laval (QMJHL) 5’11/165
14. Jordan Staal—Forward—Thunder Bay (OHL) 6’03/190
15. Matthew Corrente—Defense—Vaugh (OHL) 6’00/185

I don't have Joe Palmer yet ranked though I do hear very highly rated things on him. He is suppose to be the best from the USA since DiPietro but I am not mutting him down till I see or have someone I respect see him for me. I put Bertram on this list because if he does go NCAA route this will be his draft year.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
moosefan said:

I don't have Joe Palmer yet ranked though I do hear very highly rated things on him. He is suppose to be the best from the USA since DiPietro but I am not mutting him down till I see or have someone I respect see him for me. I put Bertram on this list because if he does go NCAA route this will be his draft year.

Legault is RIDICULOUSLY talented and Staal is overrated from what I've seen.

Obviously my list wasn't in any order but FYI there's been rumblings Toews might go NCAA.

And Kessell is also very good.

And from what I've seen/heard... Palmer is better than Bernier.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
moosefan said:

Hey Moosefan..

You sure about that second guy.. ??

He sounds more like something you would order at Tim Hortons

"Give me a couple of those Carter Campers..the Honey Baked ones"

Is number 14 ..Eric's no so little brother???

Bandwagoner

Nov 18, 2003
Canada
Visit site
moosefan said:

Just wondering where you got this list???

Deleted member 3032

Bandwagoner said:
Just wondering where you got this list???

Knowing Moosefan it is probably his own personal list that he made from mainly what he has seen.

Robert Paulson*

Aw man, my draft year! I shoulda started playing ice hockey a long time ago. Ah well, another wasted lifetime :)
Perhaps in my next re-incarnation I can become the next Sydney Crosby. :D

Sticky*

Schlep Rock

One thing I can promise you, is that Jordan Staal is not overrated at all. Better than Eric at that age. Already dominating size, and sick,sick hands. And one thing that is guaranteed is, like his brother, a ton of character. Looks like a young Lindros (when it was coll to like Lindros).

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
The Messenger said:
Hey Moosefan..

You sure about that second guy.. ??

He sounds more like something you would order at Tim Hortons

"Give me a couple of those Carter Campers..the Honey Baked ones"

Is number 14 ..Eric's no so little brother???

lmao

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

BJ21

st_roland

Schlep Rock said:
Last name ring a bell? That's right it's his son folks and one of the top 88 players in North America and will likely be a 1st round QMJHL selection this season.
Smith is a pretty common last name...The only Smith i can think of is Jason Smith...

If he hasn't already, he's going to be committing to a D-1 school anytime now, very technically sound defenseman. Will never win a Norris but he's one of those defenseman that every team covets.

I really do enjoy these future outlooks, but if the guy is only 15, how can you say "Will never win a Norris"...that seems ridiculous to me.

turnbuckle*

Schlep Rock said:
So at the risk of this thread turing ugly... here are some of the top talent for 2006...

Pardon my ignorance, but which of the 50 or so Smiths that have played in the NHL has a son who's a top-rated prospect?

"Motor City Smitty"? "Battling Billy"? "Suitcase"? Floyd? Doug? Gord? No wait...it's probably Bobby, right? The Massachusetts thing threw me off for a sec, but if he's eligible for the Q draft. and since Bobby owns a team in that league....never mind.

Angered Hab

Apr 23, 2003
Great White North
Visit site
I'm glad to see someone was willing to list the players without being a smarta$$ about it. Geez, was it just too much to ask? HF did the feature on a couple of players from 2006 so I thought I'd get some real responses. What was I thinking? Thanks to those of you who were cool about it. To the rest of you....

HaB
:joker:

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
I think Blake Geoffrion will be a highly regarded prospect come the 2006 NHL draft.

Historically, NHL scouts have seemed to put a premium on "bloodlines". If nothing else, Geoffrion might have the best bloodlines of any prospect in the history of hockey:

- Maternal Great-grandfather: "Stratford Streak" Howie Morenz, Hockey Hall of Fame
- Paternal Grandfather: Bernie "Boom Boom" Geoffrion, Hockey Hall of Fame
- Father: Danny Geoffrion, NHL 1st round draft pick, 4 NHL/WHA seasons

frosty

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Sticky said:
One thing I can promise you, is that Jordan Staal is not overrated at all. Better than Eric at that age. Already dominating size, and sick,sick hands. And one thing that is guaranteed is, like his brother, a ton of character. Looks like a young Lindros (when it was coll to like Lindros).
Jordan Staal is ranked around 40 for the OHL draft, has he improved his rankings or is he being overhyped due to his brothers success?

Sticky*

Jordan Staal is higly thought of, just not yet in the rankings, becauese nobody has seen him yet.

When the Kings start travelling more to more tourneys, he'll get noticed.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
st_roland said:
Smith is a pretty common last name...The only Smith i can think of is Jason Smith...

I really do enjoy these future outlooks, but if the guy is only 15, how can you say "Will never win a Norris"...that seems ridiculous to me.

That's my opinion...

And think back a little regarding a Smith... sorry but I find it kind of ridiculous the best Smith you can come up with is Jason Smith.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Sticky said:

Uh huh

In my opinion he is overrated

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Ben Smith is from Connecticut and his father is not a hockey player. He is a tremendous two way player and a great kid. I believe he will be going the NCAA route. I have heard Ben Smith and Brian Strait have the same family advisor. They are two of the top players in New England!
Schlep Rock said:

Matt Corrente (Defenseman... Ontario)
Matt is being compared to a young Adam Foote and is almost a lock to go 1st overall in this year's OHL draft.

Erik Johnson (Defenseman... ?)
Erik is phenomenol and that doesn't even tell the whole story. He has some work to do but has the potential to DOMINATE at the pro level (already has the size at about 6' 3" 200 lbs. and isn't done growing yet)

Joe Palmer (Goaltender... US)
Best '88 goaltender in my opinion and the best goalie the US has produced in MANY years. Look for Dipietro-hype around this kid provider his development doesn't plateau.

There's many more top prospects that are 1988 born but to be honest I just don't have the time to type them all out.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
bigd said:
Ben Smith is from Connecticut and his father is not a hockey player. He is a tremendous two way player and a great kid. I believe he will be going the NCAA route. I have heard Ben Smith and Brian Strait have the same family advisor. They are two of the top players in New England!

To my knowledge... his father is one of the big Smith's, maybe I'm mistaken.

And that NCAA rumor was started by someone on Hockey Scouting.ca... The people in my inner circle that are in the QMJHL are expecting him to be in the 'Q at some point.

I think they do have the same advisor, someone local out of Boston I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad