J-C Blanchard...Moncton
Jonathan Bernier...Lewiston
Billy Sauer...Michagan
Joe Palmer...USA U18
Stephan Cesar...Gatineau
Brett Bennet..USA U17
Michael Dupont...QMJHL
Roger Kennedy...Halifax

man there are some good goalies for this draft...I am missing the OHL and WHL ones, anyone have the suggestions on who and where I should put them.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
scoutman1 said:
J-C Blanchard...Moncton
Jonathan Bernier...Lewiston
Billy Sauer...Michagan
Joe Palmer...USA U18
Stephan Cesar...Gatineau
Brett Bennet..USA U17
Michael Dupont...QMJHL
Roger Kennedy...Halifax

man there are some good goalies for this draft...I am missing the OHL and WHL ones, anyone have the suggestions on who and where I should put them.

I am not that familiar with the OHL or dub ones either, but Neil Conway is a good one out of the OHL

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
montreal said:
Leland Irving from Everett

Irving is a 2007 eligible, with a late-88 birthdate.

Dustin Butler of Portland is probably the top WHL goaltender for 2006 at this point.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
MS said:
Irving is a 2007 eligible, with a late-88 birthdate.

Dustin Butler of Portland is probably the top WHL goaltender for 2006 at this point.

Irving is 2006. He was born April of 1988. And he is the top goaltender of the DUB. Totally showed up Butler in the playoffs last year.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Balej's Dance said:
Irving is 2006. He was born April of 1988. And he is the top goaltender of the DUB. Totally showed up Butler in the playoffs last year.

Stupid WHL website has his bd on November 4 instead of April 11, as does hockeydb.com.

Scratch my earlier post ... yeah, he's the top WHL guy for 2006.

therobman27

Jun 29, 2003
Portland, OR
Visit site
Balej's Dance said:

How did Irving show up Butler in the playoffs, by looking better bench on the bench? Neither played much, if at all, as Wall was Everett's starter and Grenier was Portland's.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Louiss said:
actually Stepane Cesar is playing right now with St-Felicien in Quebec JrA.

St-Felicien * Stéphane Cesar 2 0 2 0 0 130 8 68 3.69 0.882

http://www.lhjaaaq.qc.ca/

Yup. CHI is goign with a 20 year old and a 19 year old.

Cesar will play weekdays with JR AAA and then on weekends he will be with CHI. Odd situation but i guess CHI wants to go with 2 older goalies.

habbyfan60

Mar 23, 2005
there are a few good 87's not drafted as well. expect ryan mior to have the break-out year everyone was looking for last year.

hameenlinna

Aug 10, 2005
Niko Hovinen

I'm a quite surprised how Finns of these boards don't bring up the name of Jokerit goalie Niko Hovinen - these people don't go to the games???

The guy is huge (196cm = 6'5 or 6'6) and considered the best goalie prospect from Finland since Kari Lehtonen. Some scouts I talked with said he will be better than Lehtonen. He was amazing last year in juniors and midget in Finland in the games I watched :bow: .

I'm not absolutely sure of his status this season but apparently he signed a 3-year pro contract this summer. I think he's the 1st/2nd back-up to Tim Thomas (former Providence goalie) of Jokerit elite league team and will spend most of his time as junior starter. He's the clear starter for Finnish U18 team.

You can congratulate me 10 months from now for saying his name before anyone else did.

eaton28

Feb 5, 2005
I am not that familiar with the OHL or dub ones either, but Neil Conway is a good one out of the OHL
:confused: conway? he mite not even get drafted, maybe a 9th rounder at best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->