2006 eligible OHL players

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe sacco

Sep 30, 2005
any information on these players would be appreciated. strengths, weaknesses, potential, projected draft position. these are the top 10 ohl skaters according to the central scouting bureau's preliminary rankings.

01. jordan staal, c, peterborough
02. bryan little, c, barrie
03. bobby sanguinetti, d, owen sound
04. chris stewart, rw, kingston
05. cory emmerton, c, kingston
06. john degray, d, brampton
07. ben shutron, d, kingston
08. nick foligno, lw, sudbury
09. bobby hughes, c, kingston
10. matt beleskey, lw, belleville

goaltenders

01. ryan daniels, saginaw
02. bryan pitton, brampton
03. jason guy, guelph

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
Foligno....

Well, its really fickly subject. I've seen him, and he seems more like a play maker, but does put in a few goals. Doesnt play much like his father, he doesnt shy away from the hits, but hes prone to taking real dumb penalties that has cost the Wolves a couple games. Now be warned, there are three camps in Sudbury regarding Foligno, the "I love Foligno group" they believe Foligno is the best player, better then Staal and Pouliot, and that he can do no wrong. Camp #2 is the "I hate Foligno group", pretty much always put him down, say he can do nothing right, and the only reason why hes on the team is because his father is the gm/coach. Then you have the Neutral group, who try to give an accurate description but in the end just get bashed by both groups, as I'm sure will happen here. BTW, his father is Mike Foligno. I see him going mid second round but it would not surprise me if someone took him in the late first. I think he the lowest level of his potential still has him in the NHL atm, and the majority of the time hes not on a line with Pouliot...

Little, I love the kid. I've seen him play a few times, and the style of his play is not hard hitting, but hes one of those players that will make you go "wow" with some of his plays. Hes also on a 20 game point streak atm. I wouldnt be surprised to see him picked ahead of Staal.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
joe sacco said:
any information on these players would be appreciated. strengths, weaknesses, potential, projected draft position. these are the top 10 ohl skaters according to the central scouting bureau's preliminary rankings.

01. jordan staal, c, peterborough
02. bryan little, c, barrie
03. bobby sanguinetti, d, owen sound
04. chris stewart, rw, kingston
05. cory emmerton, c, kingston
06. john degray, d, brampton
07. ben shutron, d, kingston
08. nick foligno, lw, sudbury
09. bobby hughes, c, kingston
10. matt beleskey, lw, belleville

goaltenders

01. ryan daniels, saginaw