2006 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
punkorama said:
Does Anyone have any info on 2006 eligible draftees? Any kind of personal rankings would be appreciated.

watch out for Phil Kessel, Alexander Vasyunov, Jonathan Toews, Joe Palmer, Matt Corrente, John Hughes, Ben Breault, James Sheppard, Jason Legault, Ben Maxwell, Carter Camper, Peter Mueller, Chad Morin, Jesse Jonsuu, Zach Hamill, Brian Little, Steve Spade and Ondrej Fiala. These are just a few of the names to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Jesse Joensuu should be top 5 pick. He is clearly the best Finn in 2006 draftees.

Though he may be lowered in some rankings after he got a injury in Canadian tournament around christmastime and was not able to use his full potential for the whole spring. Now he should be ok and should be able to play in SM-liiga next season.

thrashers=cup05

May 27, 2004
guys thats 2 years away. Many things can happen. every player in that list could have a career ending injury. But hey i think it should be a pretty good draft.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Under 17's Worold Hockey Challenge
Team Slovakia- Tomas Marcinko (Best player for Slovak's- Aprill 88)
Team USA - Nick Foligno,Chad Morin, Peter Mueller, Phil Kessel(best)
Team Ontario - Bobby Hughes, Bryan Little

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Names I've heard the most about so far are Alexander Vasyunov, Sergei Belyakov, Phil Kessel, and Jesse Joensuu. All of these guys sound like first rate prospects.

jt2004

Apr 18, 2004
GOBRUINS19 said:
Under 17's Worold Hockey Challenge
Team Slovakia- Tomas Marcinko (Best player for Slovak's- Aprill 88)
Team USA - Nick Foligno,Chad Morin, Peter Mueller, Phil Kessel(best)
Team Ontario - Bobby Hughes, Bryan Little

I know Mueller will be a high lottery choice, he committed to play D1 at Minnesota last summer when he was 15.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
thrashers=cup05 said:
guys thats 2 years away. Many things can happen. every player in that list could have a career ending injury. But hey i think it should be a pretty good draft.

It all starts two years before, thats when the Brule's and Crosby's were being hyped big time as top 5 picks, Crosby Number 1 ever since he hit Shattuck. Brule has hit enourmous hype since Quesnel.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
*slaps forehead*

Dustin Rose! Why didn't I think of that? I mean, it's been so long since his name was referenced in a prospect thread that I surely would've won everyone over with an achingly shrewd "Dustin Rose" comment. Boy, did I miss out!

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
The early (very very very early) returns on 2006 is that it's not half the draft 2005 will be, but that's okay.. they might be combined into one draft for all we know!

Duff88

May 7, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
ME :) If all goes well I may decide to opt in. I play on playing for the Youngstown Phantoms this season and who knows. We'll see.

Good luck! If I remember well you're a goalie aren't you? Can you give us a little scouting report on yourself? :) (I'm asking only to get information, I know that you won't be among the top 30 players in the draft)

X-SHARKIE

Duff88 said:
Good luck! If I remember well you're a goalie aren't you? Can you give us a little scouting report on yourself? :) (I'm asking only to get information, I know that you won't be among the top 30 players in the draft)

Lol, well I'm a little guy, So I have to be very very agressive with my angles, My angles, and just knowing the game of hockey are my strengths, Skill wise, My Legs are quick as anyones IMO, but hands need a bit more work (being picky) That's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->