2006-2007 Rookie Class

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Voloshenko isn't a given. Pouliot might challenge if he makes the team (Uhhhh...Pouliot - Demitra - Gaborik)...

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I think Voloshenko is more NHL ready than Pouliot.

Voloshenko - 60 pts in 69gp in the AHL

Pouliot - 65 pts in 51 gp in the OHL

Numbers aside, I've heard Pouliot most likely will stay in Houston.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
MeffyuhTJRest said:
I think Voloshenko is more NHL ready than Pouliot.

Voloshenko - 60 pts in 69gp in the AHL

Pouliot - 65 pts in 51 gp in the OHL

Numbers aside, I've heard Pouliot most likely will stay in Houston.

I think Volo will stay one more year in AHL too.

However calder next year? Malkin, Radulov, Wolski, Kopitar...?

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Chrisd said:
malkin, wolski, radulov.......

There ya have it.

Malkin wins it.

True, then again Rutuu was a lock to win it in 2004, and Lindros was a lock to win it in 1993 so anything can happen.

All three of those guys will be playing on the second line, at least to start the season. Malkin will probably get the about the same ice time as Sid, but I doubt Wolski will get more time than Sakic nor will Radulov see more time than Sullivan.

It could turn out that a rookie comes in on a team that is weak at their position
and puts up more points through virtue of ice time (and skill)

So, in conclusion, yeah Malkin wins it.

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
I thought the Brule hype still had enough fuel to last til August.

1. Malkin
2. Brule
3. Wolski
4. O' Sullivan
5. Radulov

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
Spetzky said:
I thought the Brule hype still had enough fuel to last til August.

1. Malkin
2. Brule
3. Wolski
4. O' Sullivan
5. Radulov

im not even sure radulov will even start out with the preds. He might be in the line-up in the 2nd half of the season. But i bet if he played a full season, everyone would be shocked at how good this kid is. But Poile has mentioned he wanted Radulov to start out in Milwaukee and not with Nashville.

but other than that, i agree with your list.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
A_Mack17 said:
Bergfors, he may compete for the calder if he gets good ice time

Malkin lit up the second best league in the world last year and looked amazing at both the Olympics and WC in Riga. He could put up a point per game or better. I have no doubt that eventually Bergfors will put up those kind of numbers, but not in his rookie year. I don't think his game is that complete yet. It would be a nice suprise though. Especially if we end up losing Elias.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Abyss said:
I think Volo will stay one more year in AHL too.

However calder next year? Malkin, Radulov, Wolski, Kopitar...?

don't count Backstrom out if he plays for Washington this year, great offensive player playing with Ovechkin and feeding him.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
probably not a contender with the likes of malkin, but i think Pekka Rinne may surprise a few people if he's given the chance

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Whats the popular feeling towards Robert Schremps chances of competing for the hardware. A fellow employee cant say enough, and truly believes he can give Malkin a run for his money. I think he is way out to lunch with the oil for life blinders on, what say you cats?

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
Z-Diddy said:
Whats the popular feeling towards Robert Schremps chances of competing for the hardware. A fellow employee cant say enough, and truly believes he can give Malkin a run for his money. I think he is way out to lunch with the oil for life blinders on, what say you cats?
I think he has a shot to get it. Kid has an awsome shot and is a pp wizard.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I think Schremp has as good a chance as any prospect not named Evgeni Malkin. There's no given Schremp will be in Edmonton, he might spend time in Hamilton although I hope not.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
The only person who can snag the Calder from underneath Malkin's nose is Toivunen. Contrary to anyone from Boston, I like the Bruins next year....they might even be good. I think a torrid season from Hannu is possible.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
1. Malkin
2. Toivonen
3. Brule
4. Erik Johnson
5. Wolski
6. Radulov
7. O'Sullivan
8. Backstrom