2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 NHL Drafts:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rupert Giles

Sep 23, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
Predatore:
What about Bengt_Ã¥ke Gustafssons kid Anton?
Shouldnt he be amongst the top 5 swedes for 2008?

Predatore said:
Swedish players only

2006 (after Bäckström, an open race really)
1. Nicklas Bäckström F
2. Patrik Berglund F
3. Jhonas Enroth G
4. Niclas Andersén D
5. Jonas Ahnelöv D

1. Mikael Backlund F (something really, really special)
2. Oscar Möller F
3. Joakim Andersson F
4. Alexander Deilert F
5. Jens Hellgren D

1. Andre Pettersson F
2. Joakim Mattsson F
3. Jonathan Nilsson D
4. Patrik Andersson D
5. Henrik Eriksson F

2009 (looks like a super year for Sweden at this early stage)
1. Magnus Pääjärvi F
2. Victor Hedman D
3. Anton Lander F
4. William Wallén F
5. Anton Mylläri D

BrentZ10

Jun 30, 2005
Jon Prescription said:
Nice sarcasm.

My ex from NY was with him for a little while. Not long at all.
I'm just bringing back some TP memories, calm down. ;)

Skroob*

BrentZ10 said:
I'm just bringing back some TP memories, calm down. ;)

lol, yeah, i remember that whole "video" thing.

And man did TP get progressively worse as time went on (kinda like this place)

Skroob*

Jon Prescription said:
It's true.

As the overall age gets younger, the site goes down the drains.

not to mention that the site was getting pushed harder and harder to become an "offical" site, so long-timers (and troublemakers) like me and Quik were shown the door.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
e46265 said:
Predatore:
What about Bengt_Ã¥ke Gustafssons kid Anton?
Shouldnt he be amongst the top 5 swedes for 2008?

I was thinking about having him at #5, but since Gustafsson was pretty much the fourth line center on the national team recently I left him off. Both Gustafsson and Eriksson are solid, although quite unspectacular, centermen with potential to become fine two-way centers IMO.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Scouts are saying my new nephew (born on Christmas!) is the early frontrunner for the 2023 NHL entry draft. They say he has good hands for a week old... could be the next Sidney Crosby... :dunno:

CapitalPunishment

Apr 9, 2004
Maryland
hifk88 said:
Why there is allways someone who complains :teach:
This is Hockeys Future god damn :rant:

Ddddddddduuuuuudeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... :biglaugh:
I'm not complaining. Just asking a question. I think its just awesome that people know who'll be a star years in advance. But my question is still unanswered.... :biglaugh:

Campino

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
Mackattack said:
Scouts are saying my new nephew (born on Christmas!) is the early frontrunner for the 2023 NHL entry draft. They say he has good hands for a week old... could be the next Sidney Crosby... :dunno:

Why do people always have to post something stupid like this whenever the topic of future top picks are mentioned???? :dunno:

Transported Upstater

The only guy I know realistically is a favorite at this point to go #1 in any of the distant drafts is Tavares.

He'll have 4 years in the OHL by the time he's drafted. (That is, if the draft rules stay the same.)

Hockeycanada*

Well, I just watched Michael Backlund in the Macs Midget Tournament final. I was very impressed, he was the tournament MVP and got 2 or 3 assists in the final game on route to a 3-2 Swede win. Oscar Moller(sp?) scored 2 goals.

Hockeycanada*

TransportedUpstater said:
The only guy I know realistically is a favorite at this point to go #1 in any of the distant drafts is Tavares.

He'll have 4 years in the OHL by the time he's drafted. (That is, if the draft rules stay the same.)
You can add Angelo Esposito to that list. Putting up Crosby-esque numbers in the QMJHL.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Hockeycanada said:
Well, I just watched Michael Backlund in the Macs Midget Tournament final. I was very impressed, he was the tournament MVP and got 2 or 3 assists in the final game on route to a 3-2 Swede win. Oscar Moller(sp?) scored 2 goals.

Möller. ;)

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
knight44 said:
Eric Johnson 2006 this guy can push for 2nd overall, hell might even over take Kessel for 1st but doubt it, Kessel is to fast and talented

Not to mention heres my perdiction for 1st overall in 2014

Jayce Hawrlyk (300 goals last season as a 8 year old, 250 the season the year before as a 7 year old, this season he has 61 goals in 17 games)

If you dont believe me read this article

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Friesen/2005/12/15/1354151-sun.html

Freaking Hilarious

I can only picture a 7 year old scoring 61 goals in 17 games

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
TransportedUpstater said:

That's just too far away. The kid is talented, but so was Spezza and Fata at 15.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Does Paararji sound that good? Any real articles on him? Any Swede that cracks the North American news that early has to be a dominant player...what's his game? How good is he?

Last edited:

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Campino said:
Why do people always have to post something stupid like this whenever the topic of future top picks are mentioned???? :dunno:

Because they think the idea of talking about talented kids is wrong.

Truth is, talented kids deserve recognition, however if I were to say that Mike Scoresalot, from my local town, at age 7 is a lock for being first overall in 11 years, I'd be saying a bit much, but Crosby at 14 was obviously a talent, and people knew it.

Some of us are actually here to learn about "hockeys future", others are here to act like dicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->