2006/07 WJC Team Canada

The Fuhr*

Think Patrick Mcneill will make the team? He is a very good offensive defenseman, perhaps the best in the OHL.

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
Brule has played his 10th game in the NHL this year, making him ineligible to return to junior. He might be made availble for the tournament, but the only way he will be playing in Vancouver this year is against the Canucks.

He is not ineligible for junior. Its just a year of his contract is ticked off. If he is returned before game 42 (i think?), then a year of his contract rolls off but he does not gain a year towards free agency.

jess52

Nov 26, 2005
PEI
Is there no one who thinks M-A Gragnani has a chance? He's probably the best offensive dman in the Q.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Is there no one who thinks M-A Gragnani has a chance? He's probably the best offensive dman in the Q.

I'll admit I haven't seen him play but from what I've read he could be in the running for that powerplay QB position. The Canadian defence is going to be real good this year though. The locks are Parent, Staal, Bourdon and Letang. Without Barker this year, I don't consider Russell a lock although his experience is key and I fully expect him to be there.

What's the status of Vlasic in San Jose?

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
How do you guys think team Canada stacks up to the rest of the competition? Are they gold medal favourites again?

I can't wait until this starts, even if it is a month or so away. A month or so break from University and being able to watch Team Canada at the WJC = heaven.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
I'll admit I haven't seen him play but from what I've read he could be in the running for that powerplay QB position. The Canadian defence is going to be real good this year though. The locks are Parent, Staal, Bourdon and Letang. Without Barker this year, I don't consider Russell a lock although his experience is key and I fully expect him to be there.

What's the status of Vlasic in San Jose?

Russell is a lock.

It wasn't Barker who made Russell look good, it was Russell who made Barker look good.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
How do you guys think team Canada stacks up to the rest of the competition? Are they gold medal favourites again?

I can't wait until this starts, even if it is a month or so away. A month or so break from University and being able to watch Team Canada at the WJC = heaven.

Canada is the favorite this year, but the US would be just behind and the Swedes and Czech's both look like they will have very strong teams. And u can never count out the Russians but right now they dont look like they will be as good as in past years. Plus with Rask in net you cant count out the Fins.

I think this years WJCs is very deep and there should be lots of great hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->