2006/07 WJC Team Canada

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
watch the team price play and the team irving play ...

i bet price is the starter :p:

price 258 shot in 8 game for 31/game
Irving 264 shot in 11 game for 24/game

if i'm not mistaken Habs fans said the exact same thing last year

Price and Irving seem to be the obvious 2 choices though and since Price is 19 he should have the edge although u cant argue with Irvings stats.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Do you think Dustin Kohn has a chance to make the club? He currently leading the whl for the most assist as a defenceman (18 in only 14 games).

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
You don't think Dan Bertram is gonna make the team ? He made it last year so why not this year? Is he injured ?

I just don't think he's that great. He'll get an invite for sure but I have a hunch a player will step up and outplay him to a roster spot. He likely won't be in the top 9 anyway.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
Here's my gut feeling prospective depth chart for this year's squad. Please keep your criticisms constructive.

Goalies:

Carey Price
Leland Irving

Defence:

Luc Bourdon
Marc Staal
Ryan Parent
Kris Letang
Cody Franson
Scott Jackson
Marc-Edourd Vlasic

Forwards:

Jonathan Toews
Chris Stewart
Ryan O'Marra
Tom Pyatt
Daniel Ryder
Kendal McArdle
Steve Downie
Andrew Cogliano
Bryan Little
Claude Giroux
James Sheppard
Derick Brassard
Devin Setoguchi

Obviously, it would be great to have J. Staal, G. Brule and G. Latendresse, but they are unlikely to be sent down by their NHL clubs.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Goalies

Leland Irving
Carey Price

Defense

Luc Bourdon
Marc Staal
Kris Russell
Kris Letang
Ryan Parent
Ty Wishart
Cody Franson/Chad Denny

Forwards

Dan Bertram
Andrew Cogliano
Steve Downie
Ryan O'Marra
Tom Pyatt
Jonathan Toews
Angelo Esposito
Devin Setoguchi
Claude Giroux
James Sheppard
Dan Ryder
Cory Emmerton
Ben Maxwell

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
watch the team price play and the team irving play ...

i bet price is the starter :p:

price 258 shot in 8 game for 31/game
Irving 264 shot in 11 game for 24/game

Except Irving leads the league in GAA, wins, save percentage, and shutouts, and Price isn't higher than 8th in any of those categories.

Meanwhile, Jonathan Bernier leads the Q in GAA, is 6th in save percentage, 1st in wins, 5th in minutes, 3rd in shutouts, etc. and most people aren't even considering him :dunno:

EDIT: I'd actually put him 4th for save percentage, as two of the guys above him have played 6 games or less.

Last edited:

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Except Irving leads the league in GAA, wins, save percentage, and shutouts, and Price isn't higher than 8th in any of those categories.

Meanwhile, Jonathan Bernier leads the Q in GAA, is 6th in save percentage, 1st in wins, 5th in minutes, 3rd in shutouts, etc. and most people aren't even considering him :dunno:

Agreed great numbers in an offensive league

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Between Ty Wishart, Karl Alzner and Keaton Ellerby, who has the best chance to make the club?

I've never seen Alzner yet, but of what i've seen of Wishart and Ellerby (during the WJC U-18) is that Ellerby is the best of the two. His skating was much better and was good at carrying the puck while Wishart looked like a pylon.

Last edited:

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
What are the chances that Irving and Bernier make the team in goal and Carey Price is left on the outside looking in again? I think there is a better chance of that happening than a few people with Canadiens avatars in this thread would be willing to admit.

Irving is used to taking 20-25 shots a game, just like he will behind team Canadas defence for the most part. Seems to me Irving fits this position like a glove. I think he's the lock and it's between Bernier and Price for the #2 spot.

superjonathan

Dec 18, 2003
london, uk
anyone else starting to think that with brule not producing in the NHL (1G, 0A in 12 games) that columbus might be willing to let him go to the WJC? it might get him back on the right track.

no Gino

May 16, 2005
anyone else starting to think that with brule not producing in the NHL (1G, 0A in 12 games) that columbus might be willing to let him go to the WJC? it might get him back on the right track.

Brule didn't attend the summer camp, without injury and with invite. As far as I know Hockey Canada will not allow him to play. Players not invited in the summer are still eligible and those who miss the camp because of injury are still eligible. those who pass on the camp will not be invited to the december tryout.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Do you think Dustin Kohn has a chance to make the club? He currently leading the whl for the most assist as a defenceman (18 in only 14 games).

Franson has 22 assists, along with 10 goals in 23 games in the WHL. 4th in league scoring ;). I think he would get the nod over Kohn.

no Gino

May 16, 2005
Franson has 22 assists, along with 10 goals in 23 games in the WHL. 4th in league scoring ;). I think he would get the nod over Kohn.

They have both done enough this year to get an invite. How they perform at the camp will go further to whether they make the team than their point totals to date.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
What are the chances that Irving and Bernier make the team in goal and Carey Price is left on the outside looking in again? I think there is a better chance of that happening than a few people with Canadiens avatars in this thread would be willing to admit.

Irving is used to taking 20-25 shots a game, just like he will behind team Canadas defence for the most part. Seems to me Irving fits this position like a glove. I think he's the lock and it's between Bernier and Price for the #2 spot.

Hockey Canada favours 19 year olds, so it's unlikely that Price doesn't make the team in some capacity.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Here's my gut feeling prospective depth chart for this year's squad. Please keep your criticisms constructive.

Goalies:

Carey Price
Leland Irving

Defence:

Luc Bourdon
Marc Staal
Ryan Parent
Kris Letang
Cody Franson
Scott Jackson
Marc-Edourd Vlasic

Forwards:

Jonathan Toews
Chris Stewart
Ryan O'Marra
Tom Pyatt
Daniel Ryder
Kendal McArdle
Steve Downie
Andrew Cogliano
Bryan Little
Claude Giroux
James Sheppard
Derick Brassard
Devin Setoguchi

Obviously, it would be great to have J. Staal, G. Brule and G. Latendresse, but they are unlikely to be sent down by their NHL clubs.

Jackson will not be on this team.....there are much better D-men available than him.

Setoguchi is struggling right now in PG.

Brule hasn't played for Columbus in 3 weeks, why would they not make him available? There is word he may go back to Vancouver of the WHL.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Jackson will not be on this team.....there are much better D-men available than him.

Setoguchi is struggling right now in PG.

Brule hasn't played for Columbus in 3 weeks, why would they not make him available? There is word he may go back to Vancouver of the WHL.

Setoguchi came off an, hence the slow start, he is returning to form and expect his numbers to drastically improve also expect him to be with team Canada. He has 7pts in his last 7 games, he is starting to heat up. I do agree with the Jackson comment.

no Gino

May 16, 2005
Again, maybe Hockey Canada would change their rules for Brule but
Hockey Canada instituted a policy in 2002 that a player had to accept an invitation to the summer camp in order to be eligible for selection to the team.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Again, maybe Hockey Canada would change their rules for Brule but

If i recall correctly, the same happened for Crosby last year I think it was and the Hockey Canada brass was saying that while they'd love to have him it just wasn't happening. Obvioulsy this is different from Brule in that it is Sidney Crosby and there wasn't much chance of him being allowed to play in the World Juniors but who knows what will happen with this Brule situation.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver

Brule has played his 10th game in the NHL this year, making him ineligible to return to junior. He might be made availble for the tournament, but the only way he will be playing in Vancouver this year is against the Canucks.

Bryzga lol*

And what are the chances that they'll decide who make the team from their play at the tryouts instead of their stats?

I'm a fan of Price, I admit it. But I'm just saying they usually select a team based on their preformance at the camp. Their stats are a factor, but Bernier, Price and Irving will all get an invitation and they'll get to battle it out at the camp. Whoever preforms best under pressure will get the number one job.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Stats get them the invite. Based on what I saw last year Pogge got the job because of his performance at camp. He showed up at the right time. You could just see it. Granted it is a different coach selecting this time but if you don't look good at camp I think it would be tough to get the nod.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->