Kendal McCardle
Ryan O'Marra
Tom Pyatt
Devin Setoguchi
James Sheppard
Jordan Staal
John Tavares
Jonathan Toews

I agree thats prly pretty close. Angelo Esposito would make it before some of those players though...Mikkelson, Hamill. I don't know if he is eligible still, but if Dustin Slade puts up another great season he could be involved goaltending wise.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Danis, Halak, Price and Huet at the helm. Probably not the best in the league but still a good group of tenders...as much as I hate to admit it. :shakehead

so you think that huet, aebischer, halak and danis are some of the best goalies you can outplay in camp. i totaly agree with the guy that laughed at this:biglaugh:

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
So is Logan Couture, and he isnt on anyones list. Theres just too many veterans that will probably get nods this year IMO.:dunno:

Hmm, touche. I guess I see his point. But I would say if Espo doesn't make, Tavares doesn't even have a shot, no?

kingpin_19

Jan 5, 2005
Drumheller, AB
I predict:

Goal:
Jonathan Bernier
Carey Price

Defence:
Cody Franson
Kris Letang
Ryan Parent
Kris Russell
Marc Staal
Marc-Eduord Vlasic
Ty Wishart

Forwards:
Daniel Bertram
Andrew Cogliano
Steve Downie
Angelo Esposito
Claude Giroux
Kendal McCardle
Ryan O'Marra
Tom Pyatt
Devin Setoguchi
James Sheppard
Jordan Staal
John Tavares
Jonathan Toews

I'd replace Esposito with Couture at this point. I think Couture will be #1 for '07 at seasons end. Other than that, no complaints :handclap:

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Just wondering, did Cody Franson make the Preds and did Brenden Mikkelson make the Ducks? Or will they be going back to juniors?

Franson is back with the Giants in the WHL and has like 9pts in 5 games so far.

As stated already, Mikkelson is also back with the Giants and in 3 games he has 2 assists.

Both guys are candidates for the Canadian Junior Team.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
I agree thats prly pretty close. Angelo Esposito would make it before some of those players though...Mikkelson, Hamill. I don't know if he is eligible still, but if Dustin Slade puts up another great season he could be involved goaltending wise.

Slade is not eligible for Team Canada.

Hamill has a great shot at making this team and could easily make it before Esposito. I agree with others that Couture could also be in the mix, but Canada has a ton of veterans to select from and after that very few spots will be left for any 16 or 17 yr olds.

It has also been reported that Setoguchi is on his way back to Saskatoon, so he will definitely be in the mix come December.

Randall Graves*

Franson is back with the Giants in the WHL and has like 9pts in 5 games so far.

As stated already, Mikkelson is also back with the Giants and in 3 games he has 2 assists.

Both guys are candidates for the Canadian Junior Team.
The Giants are stacked on defense.

Randall Graves*

It's nice to have Mikkelson on the team this season. :)
And Franson and Festerling..you could throw some 12 year olds on that defense and you'd still be good. I think they have a great shot at atleast getting back to the memorial cup even without Brule this year.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
And Franson and Festerling..you could throw some 12 year olds on that defense and you'd still be good. I think they have a great shot at atleast getting back to the memorial cup even without Brule this year.

well considering they are HOSTING it.. I would say they have a decent shot at getting there... :propeller

kingpin_19

Jan 5, 2005
Drumheller, AB
They'll be there, and I really think Medicine Hat (again) will be the in the WHL slot. Add Swyston and Colton Grant (who I think could be a surprise 1st Round Pick) to the other ten returning forwards, 6 of 7 defencemen played at least one game last season and they have Kris Russell back there, (whom I think will nab 2007 CHL Top Defenceman), and Matt Keetley starting between the pipes again.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself

agreed...they have jon blum on defense too, they're a great team, and have a great opportunity when hosting the Mem. Cup.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Does J. Staal signing today pretty much make it so its gonna be difficult for him to play in the WJC? Or will he spend the year in the CHL still?

Randall Graves*

Does J. Staal signing today pretty much make it so its gonna be difficult for him to play in the WJC? Or will he spend the year in the CHL still?
doesn't mean much unless he plays in the NHL, even then it's no guarantee he stays there.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Canada seems really deep this year for eligible players. That are probably over 30 players who all have good shots at the team

Leafs 67 and Waiting

Jul 15, 2005
USA
I do not understand how so many do not even mention James Neal of the Plymaouth Whalers and the 33rd pick in the 2005 draft. He will make this team and would not suprise me if he is on the top line. He is 6'4 205lbs has 7 goals and 1 assist in 4 games this year.

:yo: :yo:

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
So how is this team in comparison to the competition this year? Well above, average, struggle to medal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad