2006/07 WJC Team Canada

Bruinster*

Danis, Halak, Price and Huet at the helm. Probably not the best in the league but still a good group of tenders...as much as I hate to admit it. :shakehead

Of that group only Price is a high grade prospect, I'll wait anothers season before making any judgement on Huet who is a 31y goalie with 89 games in the NHL !!!

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Of that group only Price is a high grade prospect, I'll wait anothers season before making any judgement on Huet who is a 31y goalie with 89 games in the NHL !!!

Huet and Halak will alternate in Hamilton, and if last year is any indication, Halak looks to be a very promising netminder with high upside. Say we trade any one of Aebisher or Huet by the deadline, Danis will be up in the big leagues and Halak will carry the bulk of the Bulldogs' games by which point we'll have a good idea of what each can do.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I predict:

Goal:
Jonathan Bernier
Carey Price

Defence:
Cody Franson
Kris Letang
Ryan Parent
Kris Russell
Marc Staal
Marc-Eduord Vlasic
Ty Wishart

Forwards:
Daniel Bertram
Andrew Cogliano
Steve Downie
Angelo Esposito
Claude Giroux
Kendal McCardle
Ryan O'Marra
Tom Pyatt
Devin Setoguchi
James Sheppard
Jordan Staal
John Tavares
Jonathan Toews

Very good list...id probably agree on this.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
I predict:

Goal:
Jonathan Bernier
Carey Price

Defence:
Cody Franson
Kris Letang
Ryan Parent
Kris Russell
Marc Staal
Marc-Eduord Vlasic
Ty Wishart

Forwards:
Daniel Bertram
Andrew Cogliano
Steve Downie
Angelo Esposito
Claude Giroux
Kendal McCardle
Ryan O'Marra
Tom Pyatt
Devin Setoguchi
James Sheppard
Jordan Staal
John Tavares
Jonathan Toews

I don't think Ty Wishart makes this team. Maybe next year. Perhaps Gragnani, Carle or McNeill to replace Wishart?

Brian Little has a great chance of making the upcoming WJC team, as well as, Zach Hamill, Cody Bass, Chris Stewart and Daniel Ryder.

Some of the above roster will not be available, injured or whatever.

I do believe this upcoming team will be a veteran laden team, mainly 19 yr olds, with a few exceptions, ie: Tavares and possibly Esposito, although I don't think he makes this team.

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
Whats this roster shaping up like right now, how many returning guys will be on it, has M. Staal made the Rangers, and will J. Staal make the team? Anybody have any idea what this team will be? Toews has another year in college ahead of him so I assume he'll be the captain, right?

What are the chances of Tavares making the team? And is Price the most likely goalie right now?

Dustin Kohn. I think he has a very good chance at making the team.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Does anyone think that Dustin Boyd has a shot at it, he did pretty good at the presason Flames games I saw him at.

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
I know its just a game

but in EHM just for kicks

Ben Shutron made the team

along with

Simon Danis-Pepin

Toews and Bertram are locks obviously and should be impact players. Will this be the hawks 3rd year in a row the most prospects on the World Junior team?

Bruinster*

Yeah. I guess the Habs have one of the worst bunch of goalies in the league :dunno: Bruins fan are always so... oh yeah, nvm.

Any chance Maxwell or White make it ?

It's a big difference saying they're the worst and "the Habs have one of the best pipeline of goalies in the league" IMO it was laughable

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I don't think Ty Wishart makes this team. Maybe next year. Perhaps Gragnani, Carle or McNeill to replace Wishart?

Brian Little has a great chance of making the upcoming WJC team, as well as, Zach Hamill, Cody Bass, Chris Stewart and Daniel Ryder.

Some of the above roster will not be available, injured or whatever.

I do believe this upcoming team will be a veteran laden team, mainly 19 yr olds, with a few exceptions, ie: Tavares and possibly Esposito, although I don't think he makes this team.

You don't think Esposito makes the team? What are you smoking? Is he not projected to be a top 5 pick?

espo*

I'm not concerned about what players will/won't make it too much.We'll have good players for sure.What i will be looking for is if Hartsburg proves to be the coach Sutter was and is able to motivate/push/ and have all the players buy into the team game-plan as well as the man from Viking Alberta. Sutter proved to be a great coach that way,

Is Hartsburg?

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Dustin Kohn. I think he has a very good chance at making the team.

I would agree I dont think that Marc Staal or Bourdon will be available..........also I think Kohn's teammates Plante, and Burki will have a shot if they start off the season well.........not nearly as good a shot as Kohn though.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Just wondering, did Cody Franson make the Preds and did Brenden Mikkelson make the Ducks? Or will they be going back to juniors?

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I'll make a few predictions on the WJC Team. Ryan Parent will be named tournament defenseman, Steve Downie will be one of the tournament forwards, and Claude Giroux wins MVP of the tournament. Canada in a rout to the gold this year.

Redden Punches Faces*

You don't think Esposito makes the team? What are you smoking? Is he not projected to be a top 5 pick?

So is Logan Couture, and he isnt on anyones list. Theres just too many veterans that will probably get nods this year IMO.:dunno:

Randall Graves*

Just wondering, did Cody Franson make the Preds and did Brenden Mikkelson make the Ducks? Or will they be going back to juniors?
Mikkelson was sent back to jr and has gotten off to a good start with the Giants.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
I would agree I dont think that Marc Staal or Bourdon will be available..........also I think Kohn's teammates Plante, and Burki will have a shot if they start off the season well.........not nearly as good a shot as Kohn though.

Staal has already been sent back to Sudbury. The defense will be stellar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->