Schwarz
Glass

Canada - 8
Russia - 4
Czech Republic - 3
USA - 3
Slovakia - 1
Sweden - 1

Nicelist. well done. except I don't know why you put Canada's coach on deffence. He was a forward when he played.

Oh and you should have included Suter from Team USA.

;)

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
Pretty good choices, obvious ones for the most part.

But, Coburn doesn't deserve that spot IMO, give it to Shawn Belle.

Kessel should be on that team as well.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
espion said:
Nicelist. well done. except I don't know why you put Canada's coach on deffence. He was a forward when he played.

Oh and you should have included Suter from Team USA.

;)
lol...I allways mix their names up. I did it in a thread talking about "Sutter" the coach also.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Take out Coburn and add Casey Borer, who plays his heart out and played extremely well in every scenerio for the US. He was the one player on the whole team who did not make one single, glaring mistake the entire series.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Epsilon said:
Ladislav Smid should be on the defense. He was solid in all the Czech games I watched.
Thats odd....I didn't feel Smid was even the best defensmen for the Czechs....that honor goes to Gulasi who I thought hard and long about placing on my team.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Epsilon said:
Ladislav Smid should be on the defense. He was solid in all the Czech games I watched.
I agree, Coburn should be replaced by either Belle or Smid but other than that, great list. :handclap:

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
it's hard to put Glass on there with the amount of work he got for the majority of the tourny...but damn, then you think about his competition, and you realise how poor the goaltending was in the tournament for the most part

Papadice

Apr 29, 2003
Moncton, NB, Canada
www.myfhl.net
Reveille! said:
Take out Coburn and add Casey Borer, who plays his heart out and played extremely well in every scenerio for the US. He was the one player on the whole team who did not make one single, glaring mistake the entire series.
I can't offer up a fully knowledgable opinion on this because I only got to watched the US in the bronze medal game... Borer looked good but I don't know if I'd consider him a tournament allstar... Maybe he was better in the other games... I don't know... As for Coburn, I'd agree... He had a good tournament but again, a tournament allstar seams to be a bit of a stretch... Likens impressed me for the most part for the US in that Bronze medal game...

I think hands down, no questions asked, Schwarz was BY FAR the best goaltender of the tournament... In the games I saw him play, he was stellar...

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Reveille! said:

Borer was just as bad as some of the other US d-men.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Jason MacIsaac said:
Olesz-Bergeron-Ovechkin
Getzlaf-Carter-Crosby
Salmonsson-Malkin-Shirokov
Stafford-Vrana-O'Sullivan

To not have Dan Fritsche, the best US player in the tournament, on this list is wrong. You can replace O'Sullivan with him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Put Coburn out, and replace him with the surprising Lukas Bolf, who was leading the Czech Republic defensmen in points and +/-.

leafaholix*

lol @ Coburn.

Guys that deserve it more...

Lukas Bolf
Michal Gulasi
Denis Ezhov
Ladislav Smid

I do agree with Mac, Smid wasn't even the Czech's best defenseman, Gulasi was better. I also noticed that Smid was better defensively than I thought, but his passing was pretty mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->