2005 Top 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Rabid Ranger said:
It's the Dean Youngblood factor. Canadians don't like brash Americans coming up to the CHL (specifically the OHL) and stirring the pot on and off the ice.
I don't think it's Canadians not liking Americans coming up here, because there have been many American NHL'ers come through the OHL and many were fan favourites I'm sure.

Not sure where Kyle Woodlief is from, but one of the first sources that points out character flaws and such is his monthly article... he seems to have a problem with Canadian CHL'ers as well.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Any idea yet where Kevin Baker may end up placing? He's playing well for Owen Sound in a smaller role than Ryan, and has almost reached last years output already...10 points in 15 games...he was a huge scorer in the Toronto league when he was drafted by the attack, and is now getting some ice time...could he slip into top 3 rounds?

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
After reading that article, it is almost guaranteed that Bobby Ryan will make the NHL barring injuries. He has incredible skills and there are no character issues. Just knowing that he is there to make a living for himself and his family who have had a hard past will drive this guy straight to stardom. I'm not sure if -31- was making a joke on the previous post, as that statement would be total bull.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Leafaholix said:
I don't think it's Canadians not liking Americans coming up here, because there have been many American NHL'ers come through the OHL and many were fan favourites I'm sure.

Not sure where Kyle Woodlief is from, but one of the first sources that points out character flaws and such is his monthly article... he seems to have a problem with Canadian CHL'ers as well.

I was just making a joke. Postman said it well, with guys like O'Sullivan and Ryan can you truly call their off-ice problems "character issues"? When your parents are dangerous psychos it isn't the kid's fault IMO. To their credit they've appeared to overcome such garbage. As for Schremp, he's got a big mouth, and that's tough for some to take.

Last edited:

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Leafaholix said:
That's a good point. Woodlief seems to go after character more than most others in the media.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
As for Schremp, he's got a big mouth, and that's tough for some to take.
I really like what he had to say about not being named to the U-20 team yet. He's been saying all the right things lately, it seems.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Postman said:
I really like what he had to say about not being named to the U-20 team yet. He's been saying all the right things lately, it seems.

Not to mention putting up points (he's now 4th in the OHL in scoring). IMO, he'll be named to the team. Put him with O'Sullivan and WATCH OUT!!! :bow:

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Not to mention putting up points (he's now 4th in the OHL in scoring). IMO, he'll be named to the team. Put him with O'Sullivan and WATCH OUT!!! :bow:

Not likely to happen, since they generally play the same position...plus, I think that top line is kind of locked up, barring any misfortunes. I expect Rob to make the team, for what it's worth...I don't think his not being chosen yet is or should be considered any kind of comment on whether or not they want him on the team.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
MePutPuckInNet said:
Not likely to happen, since they generally play the same position...plus, I think that top line is kind of locked up, barring any misfortunes. I expect Rob to make the team, for what it's worth...I don't think his not being chosen yet is or should be considered any kind of comment on whether or not they want him on the team.

They played together with the Icedogs didn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad