2005 Top 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Sharky I'm not too sure where you're getting those heights/weights from, but I can tell you that Brule is 5'1'' 180 and Crosby is 5'10'' 192.
I think I'll take Sharky's heights/weights here. Brule 5'1"?

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
A guy I like, and has cought my attention is Brock Bradford. I'll definately follow him closely this year.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
My top 30

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Gilbert Brule
3. Guillaume Latendresse
4. Bobby Ryan
5. Jack Johnson
6. Dan Bertram
7. Jakub Kindl
8. Tuukka Rask
9. Ryan O Marra
10. Chris Durand
11. Vitaly Anikeenko
12. Niklas Bergfors
13. Marek Zagrapan
14. Alex Buorret
15. Micheal Blunden
16. Matt Lashoff
17. Devin Setoguchi
18.Teemu Laakso
19. Marc Staal
20. J.P Levasseur
21. Daniel Ryder
22. Nick Drazenovic
23. Patrick McNeill
24. Benoit Pouliot
25. J.P Paquet
26. Deveraux Heshmatpour
27. Andrew Cogliano
28. Alexandre Vincent
29. Luc Bourdon
30. Scott Jackson

CH Wizard

Can anyone can give me some informations on Chris Lawrance ?! I don't know alot of things about him , what's his offensive skills , is he playing physical ?

leafaholix*

I call Tom Fritsche to go in the first round.

On a side note, he had 4 more assists tonight. That makes it 13 assists in 10 games.

X-SHARKIE

Leafaholix said:
I call Tom Fritsche to go in the first round.

On a side note, he had 4 more assists tonight. That makes it 13 assists in 10 games.

I saw him earlier this season and I was amazed by his vision! incredible! if only he had his brothers Size...but he's a damn good player. Here are some of my thoughts on him.

"I got to see Ohio State absolutely humiliate a good team in Miami Ohio 9-3.

I kept a good eye on #11 Tom Fritsche. Has anyone else seen him play? I don't know by heart but isn't he supposed to be selected around late 1st - mid 2nd in 05? He looked very good.
He is a very excited player, with great speed and agility, has some really flashy moves but seems to loose the puck somtimes when doing so, He really appears to have great vision and made alot of smart plays with the puck...Terrific work ethic, not as big as his brother but plays just as good if not better in traffic, competes extremely hard, caused Miami fits when they were trying to get the puck out of the zone, excelent on the forecheck. Made alot of things happen on the ice and really made players around him better and there jobs easier.

Anyone else seen him play? He looks like a 1st rounder to me...but this is my 1st,only time seeing him play.

On the negative he could bulk up, he plays hard as hell but still got pushed around by bigger defenseman."

BTW I was flipping back and fourth last night and I have to say that T.J. Hensick is sky rocketing for me. I love just love that talent, he is full health now and looks even better then he was last year! out performing Jeff Tambellini in every way IMO.
He's the real deal.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Bobby Ryan at #8? I'm disappointed....I don't see anybody discussing his character and debating whether or not he's been damaged beyond repair, I would have thought you'd all be right on top of that stuff,,,,so, what's up? where's all the negativity regarding his "issues"?

leafaholix*

-31- said:
Bobby Ryan has character issues and is damaged beyond repair
Why is it that it's always American OHL prospects that have "character issues"?

Coincidence?

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
MePutPuckInNet said:
Bobby Ryan at #8? I'm disappointed....I don't see anybody discussing his character and debating whether or not he's been damaged beyond repair, I would have thought you'd all be right on top of that stuff,,,,so, what's up? where's all the negativity regarding his "issues"?

Wow, I follow the guy and this is new to me. He is an "A" for the Attack this year.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Leafaholix said:

Coincidence?
Nothing more than media gossip, IMO.

O'Sullivan's issues were exposed as family issues which he has proven to have very minimal affect on his career thus far.

Schremp is well on his way to dispelling his own supposed character issues, which seem to be completely fabricated by overactive imaginations.

As far as Ryan's... he has a similar family past as O'Sullivan, which resulted in a name change. However, once again, I fail to see how this affects his hockey career.

Here's an archived article I found way back and bookmarked: S.J. phenom made hockey his sanctuary from turmoil

These are the types of life issues that I think builds character (IMO, having gone through similar situations as O'Sullivan and Ryan myself) rather than tarnishes and will eventually fuel their success.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Postman said:
Nothing more than media gossip, IMO.

O'Sullivan's issues were exposed as family issues which he has proven to have very minimal affect on his career thus far.

Schremp is well on his way to dispelling his own supposed character issues, which seem to be completely fabricated by overactive imaginations.

As far as Ryan's... he has a similar family past as O'Sullivan, which resulted in a name change. However, once again, I fail to see how this affects his hockey career.

Here's an archived article I found way back and bookmarked: S.J. phenom made hockey his sanctuary from turmoil

These are the types of life issues that I think builds character (IMO, having gone through similar situations as O'Sullivan and Ryan myself) rather than tarnishes and will eventually fuel their success.

Interesting article to say the least. I knew nothing about that.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
OneSpeedOnly said:
Interesting article to say the least. I knew nothing about that.
Why it's labeled as "character issues," I haven't the foggiest, seeing as how everyone who has known him has nothing but great things to say about his character (just like with Schremp and O'Sullivan).

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
postman, that's where I'm coming from....bothers me that things are said and continue to be said about some people....but for some reason, others are allowed some kind of exemption...

nothing against Bobby Ryan exactly - it's just irritating...

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
MePutPuckInNet said:
postman, that's where I'm coming from....bothers me that things are said and continue to be said about some people....but for some reason, others are allowed some kind of exemption...

nothing against Bobby Ryan exactly - it's just irritating...
I suppose because O'Sullivan did have that whole month that he took off to attend to his family issues. And with Schremp, he does sometimes tend to say what's on his mind.

However, I don't see how that speaks badly of their character. It seems some people have a cookie-cut mold that they expect these kids to be, and as soon as they don't fit it, they're labeled as having "issues."

O'Sullivan is a determined kid and seems bent on putting his past behind him and becoming a better player/person. Schremp, similarly, is attempting to become better with the media, and a better player/person. That, IMO, is very telling of their respective characters and only makes me think more highly of them as people.

CH Wizard

Does anybody know something about Sergei Kostitsyn? Is He playing the same style of hockey then his brother Andrei ? I read somewhere that He's more of a playmaker.His brrother is more of a sniper.Anyways will he be able to go in the top 30 ?

I think scouts of the habs will get sometimes an eye on him.

I hope the Habs will draft a guy whit grit and a defenceman who can put the puck in the net.MMMM.... player with grit ? Latendresse ? Setoguchi ? Bourret ?.THe price will be too big to get Latendresse.IMO We will be able to draft Setoguchi with some luck.I heard many good things about him.He's playing well in thw WHL.Bourret is a high skilled player with some grit.I like his skating skills.THe guy can only pass the defenceman's by his skating.As for the offensive defenceman , Well, the price to get Johnson will be huge.Anyways it's too early to think about it now.We don't know what can happen.We even don't know if there will be a draft next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
thegreatone said:
Can anyone can give me some informations on Chris Lawrance ?! I don't know alot of things about him , what's his offensive skills , is he playing physical ?

X-SHARKIE said:
He is a hulk who has skill but no work ethic.

It's worth noting his turnaround of late. Started off horrible with 1 point in his first 7 or 8 games, and was roasted by RLR in their October report. Don't know if it was coincidental or not, but since almost exactly that point he's been on fire, with 3-11-14 in his last 10 games.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Leafaholix said:

Coincidence?

It's the Dean Youngblood factor. Canadians don't like brash Americans coming up to the CHL (specifically the OHL) and stirring the pot on and off the ice.

X0ssbar

X-SHARKIE said:
I saw him earlier this season and I was amazed by his vision! incredible! if only he had his brothers Size...but he's a damn good player. Here are some of my thoughts on him.

"I got to see Ohio State absolutely humiliate a good team in Miami Ohio 9-3.

I kept a good eye on #11 Tom Fritsche. Has anyone else seen him play? I don't know by heart but isn't he supposed to be selected around late 1st - mid 2nd in 05? He looked very good.
He is a very excited player, with great speed and agility, has some really flashy moves but seems to loose the puck somtimes when doing so, He really appears to have great vision and made alot of smart plays with the puck...Terrific work ethic, not as big as his brother but plays just as good if not better in traffic, competes extremely hard, caused Miami fits when they were trying to get the puck out of the zone, excelent on the forecheck. Made alot of things happen on the ice and really made players around him better and there jobs easier.

Anyone else seen him play? He looks like a 1st rounder to me...but this is my 1st,only time seeing him play.

On the negative he could bulk up, he plays hard as hell but still got pushed around by bigger defenseman."

BTW I was flipping back and fourth last night and I have to say that T.J. Hensick is sky rocketing for me. I love just love that talent, he is full health now and looks even better then he was last year! out performing Jeff Tambellini in every way IMO.
He's the real deal.

I have seen Tom Fritsche play 3 times live so far this year and have payed close attention to #11 when he is on the ice for obvious reasons. One thing to note is that he is playing on an all freshman line and he gets quality ice time and important PP minuntes.

For the most part I agree with your review, especially this statement "He really appears to have great vision and made alot of smart plays with the puck...". He does have excellent vision and seemingly always finds the open man. One thing that has stuck out at me (and I have brought this up on the CBJ board) is that I think TF is still getting used to the speed of the college game b/c he is putting himself in a lot of positions where he is taking some of the hardest hits out there. Good thing is that he isn't afraid to take a hit and it doesn't throw off his game. I think we'll see him start to adjust his game a bit and avoid some of those monter hits in the future - I just hope he does it before he ends up with a serious injury.

Overall, I have been VERY impressed with his overall game and he has made some brilliant passes thus far and has been responsible in his defensive zone. I would certinaly like to see him start finding the net (read: shoot the puck) more often but I think that will come in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->