2005 Russian World Junior Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Code:
Forwards:

Ovechkin Alexander   6'2   212 09/17/85  Dynamo (Moscow)          - WJ Champion U20 2003
Malkin Evgeny         6'3.5 187 07/31/86  Metallurg (Magnitogorsk)  - WJ Champion U18 2004
Shitikov Dmitry        5'11  175 01/21/86  Dynamo (Moscow)           - WJ Champion U18 2004

Glazachev Konstantin 6'0  186 02/18/85  Lokomotiv (Yaroslavl)
Khomutov Ivan         6'3  205 03/11/85  Albany (AHL) 
Radulov Alexander     6'1  183 07/05/86  Remparts, Quebec             - WJ Champion U18 2004

Voloshenko Roman     6'1  190 05/12/86  Krylia Sovetov (Moscow)    - WJ Champion U18 2004
Yunkov Mikhail          6'0  180 02/16/86  Krylia Sovetov (Moscow)    - WJ Champion U18 2004
Lisin Enver               6'2  190 04/22/86  AK-Bars (Kazan')               - WJ Champion U18 2004

Alexandrov Viktor    5'11 165 12/28/85  Metallurg (Novokuznetsk)
Shafigulin Gregory    6'2  185 01/13/85  Lokomotiv (Yaroslavl)
Chernikh Dmitry       6'1  190 02/27/85  CSKA (Moscow)

Parshin Denis          5'8  137 02/01/86  CSKA (Moscow)                 - WJ Champion U18 2004
Pestunov Dmitry      5'11 211 01/22/85  Metallurg (Magnitogorsk)    - WJ Champion U20 2003
Stolyarov Gennady   6'4  190 08/20/86  Dynamo (Moscow)

Stasyuk Denis          6'3  181 09/02/85  Metallurg (Novokuznetsk)
Lemtyugov Nikolay    6'0  176 01/15/86  CSKA (Moscow)
Dubinin Anton          5'10 192 07/22/85  CSKA (Moscow)

Defence:

Kosmatchev Dmitry    6'3  192 06/07/85  CSKA (Moscow)              
Amakhin Ivan            6'2  190 06/11/86  Lokomotiv (Yaroslavl)
Tesliuk Roman           6'1  195 01/21/86  Kamloops Blazers (WHL)
Lyamin Kirill               6'2  205 01/13/86  CSKA (Moscow)               - WJ Champion U18 2004
Vorobiev Dmitry        6'1.5 210 10/18/85  Lada Togliatti
Mikhaylishin Alex       6'4.5 220 02/24/86  Spartak Moscow
Plehanov Andrei         6'2  180 07/12/86  Neftekhimik (Nizhnekamsk)
Misharin Georgiy       6'1.5 210 05/11/85  Neftekhimik (Nizhnekamsk)
Belov Anton              6'3  185 07/29/86  CSKA (Moscow)               - WJ Champion U18 2004
Karetin Sergei           6'2  195 01/14/86  CSKA (Moscow)              - WJ Champion U18 2004 
Ezhov Denis              6'0  198 02/28/85  CSKA (Moscow)              - WJ Champion U20 2003
Klimov Valeri            6'3.5 212 07/17/86  Spartak (Moscow)
Megalinskiy Dmitri       6'2  190 04/15/85  Lokomotiv (Yaroslavl)
Artyom Polikarpov      5'11 200 12/11/86  Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
Dzhugelia Adgur         5'10 168 05/06/86  Dynamo (Moscow)            - WJ Champion U18 2004
Pervyshin Andrei        5'9  165 06/07/85  Lokomotiv (Yaroslavl)
Anikeenko Vitaly       6'3.5 198 01/02/87  Lokomotiv (Yaroslavl)

Goaltending:

Sidikov Rustam      6'2 161  07/05/85   CSKA Moscow
Borisov Sergei       6'0 172  10/18/85   CSKA Moscow

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'd imagine that they're going to have a big chunk of the gold-medal winning 86' class on the team.

Malkin, Ovechkin and Radulov on a line would be unbelievable. Heck, Ovechkin, Malkin and a pilon would even be great.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
I think Enver Lisin is going to be the best forward for Russia ahead of Malkin and Ovechkin. A bold prediction, but the super fast Lisin has been on fire playing for Kazan. He has 3 goals and 2 assists in 8 games, which is a great stat for a 18-year old playing in a low scoring professional league.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is the same Dimitry Shitikov who just went undrafted, yes?

He will light it up

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hey Slay, what about Alexi Yemelin on defense? He should have a shot to make the team, as he was on the top pairing at the U-20 4 Nations. I would think he would get a look before some of the players you listed, no?

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
montreal said:
Hey Slay, what about Alexi Yemelin on defense? He should have a shot to make the team, as he was on the top pairing at the U-20 4 Nations. I would think he would get a look before some of the players you listed, no?

Honestly it is really tough to guess who will go to the WJC (especially in defence). I think it can be build 2 competitive teams of these players. Most defensemen have already played in RSL and participated before for the national junior teams (U18 or U20) at different tourneys. Now it goes viewing of candidates for the WJC, many players are and will be invited to the tourneys before WJC. Looks like a new coach of U20 team Gersonsky tries to look as many candidates as possible.

Emelin of course has a shot since he was invited and he is a WJ Champion U18 this year. But he is not a regular with his RSL team (1 game in RSL this season) unlike for example of his teammates Vorobiev and Panin (both have played 10 games) and that's not easy to pick him at least over 1 them. His main game is bringing a physical factor but this team has a lot of big guys and bigger than Emelin (though not all of them use their size to intimidate but prefer positional game). I think he can make the team but not at first 3 parings def.

Kugel said:
how are the goalies? are they good? that is usually a weakness on Russian Teams.

Sidikov is a usual starter with 85 team. But looks like Borisov surpassed him in CSKA depth charts and already played in RSL. Overall not bad goelies. Sidikov was the main goalkeeper for Russia at U18 2003 where Russia took bronze and lost only 1 game (to Slovakia in penalty shot series).
If defence and overall team game will be solid then I think the goalie won't be a factor.

Peter25 said:
I think Enver Lisin is going to be the best forward for Russia ahead of Malkin and Ovechkin. A bold prediction, but the super fast Lisin has been on fire playing for Kazan. He has 3 goals and 2 assists in 8 games, which is a great stat for a 18-year old playing in a low scoring professional league.

Agree that he can surpass them in scoring but all will depend of what lines will be.

If there will be Ovechkin - Malkin - Shitikov line then it will be hard to outscore them. This line played some very good hockey at U18 2003 and showed great chemistry.
And the line Voloshenko - Yunkov - Lisin. The 2nd line from U18 2004 that also showed great chemistry (though the best scorer was Voloshenko with 11 points (5+6) in 6 games and Lisin had only 1 goal).

But who knows maybe it will be something like Ovechkin - Malkin - Lisin ;)

Last edited:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Aaron Vickers said:
I've read that Tesliuk won't be going if he's invited to play. According to Devan Dubnyk, Tesliuk's teammate in Kamloops, Tesliuk will be forced into military service should he play.
I heard that too. Would that affect Tesliuk if it's played in North America, though? They can't make him go back, can they?

Lord

This year the goaltending position seems to be the main problem for Russian team.
At last championship we had Barulin at least, though he was playing really disappointing during the tournament, especially in the quarterfinal against Finns.
I have some doubt about Borisov and i never like him. Watched one his game this season for CSKA-2, he was shaky and made a very bad pass which resulted in a goal into the empty net. I guess Borisov have some mental problems like Bryzgalov, when he played un Russia. So i believe Anton Khudobin from Magnitogorsk (BTW he is placed on my avatar :yo: ) will challenge hard for the starting goalkeeper position.
Concerning Yemelin chances i also have some doubts because we have some already established in RSL players like Vorobyev, Panin, Pervyshin, Aksenenko. Lyamin and Belov are also much ahead of him. And also there are Megalinsky, Karetin, Amakhin. And sometimes the selection principles in Russia could be hardly understandable from a logical point of view.
Just my 2 cents.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Lord said:
This year the goaltending position seems to be the main problem for Russian team.
At last championship we had Barulin at least, though he was playing really disappointing during the tournament, especially in the quarterfinal against Finns.
I have some doubt about Borisov and i never like him. Watched one his game this season for CSKA-2, he was shaky and made a very bad pass which resulted in a goal into the empty net. I guess Borisov have some mental problems like Bryzgalov, when he played un Russia. So i believe Anton Khudobin from Magnitogorsk (BTW he is placed on my avatar :yo: ) will challenge hard for the starting goalkeeper position.
Concerning Yemelin chances i also have some doubts because we have some already established in RSL players like Vorobyev, Panin, Pervyshin, Aksenenko. Lyamin and Belov are also much ahead of him. And also there are Megalinsky, Karetin, Amakhin. And sometimes the selection principles in Russia could be hardly understandable from a logical point of view.
Just my 2 cents.

Any chance of Klimhovich getting the backup spot in nets? What about Ivan Kasutin?

As for Yemelin, he's slowly getting ice time with Lada, and is one of the youngest players on the team. After playing on the top pairing at the U-20 tournament in the Czech Rep I would think he has a shot, but if he has to wait till next year, thats the way it goes. Lyamin and Belov have to be locks, with I assume Panin although I don't know the rest of the RSL guys that well. Megalinsky I don't know how he's doing this year, and from what I read by russianprospects, Karetin did not play all that well at the U-18's last year, has he improved a lot this year?

What about Adgur Dzhugelia and Dmitri Mikhaylishin?

Lord

montreal said:
Any chance of Klimhovich getting the backup spot in nets? What about Ivan Kasutin?

As for Yemelin, he's slowly getting ice time with Lada, and is one of the youngest players on the team. After playing on the top pairing at the U-20 tournament in the Czech Rep I would think he has a shot, but if he has to wait till next year, thats the way it goes. Lyamin and Belov have to be locks, with I assume Panin although I don't know the rest of the RSL guys that well. Megalinsky I don't know how he's doing this year, and from what I read by russianprospects, Karetin did not play all that well at the U-18's last year, has he improved a lot this year?

What about Adgur Dzhugelia and Dmitri Mikhaylishin?
Klimkovich? I like him, but in Spartak-2 (First league) he lost his starting position to a two-year older goalie. So i am afraid no chance for him.
Kasutin? IMO no chance. Coach Bragin is trying to test different goalies. Last time it was Kuznetsov, now Fokin. And Khudobin seems his favorite. Plus Borisov
Megalinsky played only one game in RSL this season.
Dzhugelia played well in High League with Lipetsk, but left this club i dont know exactly why. Some SPL clubs already showed their interetst in signing him. Mikhailishin is playing in Spartak-2 and unlike his team-mate Valery Klimov have yet to see action in SPL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Lord said:
Klimkovich? I like him, but in Spartak-2 (First league) he lost his starting position to a two-year older goalie. So i am afraid no chance for him.
Kasutin? IMO no chance. Coach Bragin is trying to test different goalies. Last time it was Kuznetsov, now Fokin. And Khudobin seems his favorite. Plus Borisov
Megalinsky played only one game in RSL this season.
Dzhugelia played well in High League with Lipetsk, but left this club i dont know exactly why. Some SPL clubs already showed their interetst in signing him. Mikhailishin is playing in Spartak-2 and unlike his team-mate Valery Klimov have yet to see action in SPL.

Thanks for the info.

leafaholix*

Has anyone seen Dmitry Vorobyev much this season and has he improved to the point where he's a lock for the U20 team? So far his numbers as a sophomore are better than last seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad