2005 Re-Draft

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Lowball Norm, May 3, 2006.

1. Lowball Norm

Lowball Norm Registered User

Home Page:
    Anyone know of any re-drafts of the 2005 "Class of Crosby"? If not - any thoughts on the first round or any guys in particular who - in hindsight - should have been taken much higher?

2. BuppY

BuppY xGoodwillx

Home Page:
    Well Teams had 2 years with North American picks to sign them or else they would have to re-enter the draft. While the European picks were yours forever and don't have to re-enter. That was according to the old CBA, I don't know what the new agreement is, however I know that European have a few years to sign with the club that has drafted them or else they will have to re-enter the draft.

3. The Maltais Falcon

The Maltais Falcon Registered User

The 2005 draft was held under the new CBA, so the selection of Euros would have been no different. 2004 and before would have been another story, though.

4. Legionnaire

Legionnaire Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Home Page:
    Perttu Lindgren would be a major riser, but other than that, it's really too early to say.

5. Lucifer_Devils

Lucifer_Devils Registered User

Trying to help a bit

There's a lot of prospects here that might have raise or fall since the draft !
    OK, let's start somewhere and other people will help filling in...

1st ROUND

Few expected Carey Price to end up in Montreal at #5.
    Gilbert Brule falling to #6 in Columbus was a bit of a surprise.
    Anze Kopitar should have been selected before #11 in Los Angeles.

Most people still don't understand why Washington chose Sasha Pokulok at #14.

Martin Hanzal from Phoenix at #17 had some trouble with his agent's decision making which probably cost him a year of developpement. Should get quality playing icetime and appropriate level hockey next season.

I see Niklas Bergfors (#23 by New Jersey) and T.J Oshie (#24 by St-Louis) as very nice late first-round picks.

2nd ROUND

Petr Kalus #39 from Boston and Ondrej Pavelec #41 from Atlanta are my favorites.
    Guillaume Latendresse at #45 from Montreal still have skating issues but is a nice talent that low, almost impossible to stop when he's on his game.

3rd ROUND

Radek Smolenak (#73 by Tampa) Daniel Ryder (#74 by Calgary) and Perttu Lindgren (#75 by Dallas) all seems to reach and even exceed expectations so far.

4th ROUND

Ilja Zubov (#98 by Ottawa) Keith Yandle (# 105 by Phoenix) and Viatcheslav Trukhno (#120 from Edmonton) are also very good picks in my opinion.

7th ROUND

Just because it's a homer...i'll go with #200 by Montreal Siarhei Kostsitsyn who's having a terrific rookie season for London in the OHL.

6. Lucifer_Devils

Lucifer_Devils Registered User