2005 NHL poor draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
The HW said:
I'm a little late to this conversation, but just a general thing: Ottawa has no qualms about drafting a "one dimensional" offensive prospect. You can teach defence. It's the offensive game that very few players can learn.

If Lee's in a good system and in a few years the Sens organization is still grooming prospects the way they have been, I'm very happy to have him.

That's exactly what they've done in the past, particularly with the "top 3 picks" of the Sens in Hossa, Havlat and Spezza. All considered one dimensional players. Hossa was taught how to play a 2-way game and is now one of the best at it. Havlat and Spezza are both getting there.

Lee is a defenseman so it's a bit different...but the organization has been outstanding. Look at Chara for example. I trust the scouting staff...for about 6-7 years now all their 1st round picks have either panned out or gotten them a nice deal in a trade.

Kermit

Sep 22, 2004
Russian_fanatic said:
I'd much rather have Bourdon's overall game than Lee's offensive game.

I've seen Brian Lee play many times. He is not strictly an offensive defenseman. He plays a very solid two-way style. He has big time skills, but he has not played many games against great competition. I think he'll need 2-3 years before he's ready for the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad