Not open for further replies.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Lets think one year down the road. Who will be the best? Here is my Top 45:

1. Sidney Crosby, C, Rimouski (QMJHL)
2. Gilbert Brule, C, Vancouver (WHL)
3. Guillaume Latendresse, LW, Drummondville (QMJHL)
4. Vitaly Anikeenko, D, Yaroslavl (Russia)
5. Teemu Lakkso, D, Helsinki (Finland)
6. Daniel Bertram, C, Boston College (NCAA)
7. Jakub Kindl, D, Czech Republic
8. Chris Durand, C, Seattle (WHL)
9. Andrew Cogliano, C, St. Michael's Jr. A (OPJHL)
10. Jack Johnson, D, US Under 18
11. Tuukka Rask, G, Tampere (Finland)
12. Devin Setoguchi, C, Saskatoon (WHL)
13. JP Levasseur, G, Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL)
14. Gennady Churilov, LW, Russia
15. Jakub Vojta, D, Czech Republic
16. Christopher Gawlick, F, Germany
17. Bobby Ryan, RW, Owen Sound (OHL)
18. Marek Zagrapan, F, Zlin (Slovakia)
19. Niklas Bergfors, F, Sweden
20. Vyacheslav Buravchikov, D, Russia
21. Jean-Philippe Paquet. D Shawinigan
22. Ryan Mior, G, PEI (QMJHL)
23. Risto Korhonen, D, Kartpat (Finland)
24. Marc Staal, D, Sudbury (OHL)
25. Alex Bourret, RW, Lewiston (QMJHL)
26. Ryan Wilson, D, St. Michael's (OHL)
27. Jack Skille, LW, US Under 18 Team
28. Ryan O'Marra, C/LW, Erie (OHL)
29. Daniel Ryder F Peterborough (OHL)
30. Matt Lahoff, D, Kitchener (OHL)
31. Mike Gauthier, D, Prince Albert (WHL)
32. Vladimar Kovac G, Slovakia
33. Brock Bradford, C, (BCJHL)
34. Nick Drazenovic, C, Prince George (WHL)
35. Alex Sopin, F, Russia
36. Ray Macias, D, Kamloops (WHL)
37. Marek Bartanus, F, Slovakia
38. Luc Bourdon, D, Val D'Or (QMJHL)
39. Patrick McNeill, D, Saginaw (OHL)
40. Devereaux Heshmatpour. D Kitchener (OHL)
41. Jason Lawrence, RW, US under 17 Team
42. Denis Istomin, F, Russia
43. Alexander Bumagin, LW, Russia
44. Evan Brophey, C, Barrie (OHL)
45. Andrew Androcopolous,D, QMJHL

I would appreciate alot of comments(be positive or negative) to help keep my list accurate. Thank-You!

Last edited:

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Predatore said:
what in Bergfors' game made you think he is not first round material?
like i said in another thread...I dont know a whole lot about many euros like Bergfors

I have updated the draft by both your feedbacks..Does this look better

Last edited:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Newfie Bruin said:
I have updated the draft by both your feedbacks..Does this look better

I wouldn't really know since I only have good knowledge about the Swedish players at this point. I was mostly trying to find out if you had seen Bergfors play and therefore had him placed lower compared to the other top prospects, ... or if you basically just took some big names and ranked them based on your "gut feeling" ;).

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Predatore said:
I wouldn't really know since I only have good knowledge about the Swedish players at this point. I was mostly trying to find out if you had seen Bergfors play and therefore had him placed lower compared to the other top prospects, ... or if you basically just took some big names and ranked them based on your "gut feeling" ;).
What other Swedish players sholud be in the Top 45 besides Niklas Bergfors?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Alexander Sundström (Björklöven), Tom Wandell (Södertälje) both forwards.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
stats don't say that much in this case. I personally think Wandell and Sundström are pretty close although Sundström's stock has decreased with all his injury problems.

As for Bergfors.. he is on another level. The biggest raw talent to come out of Sweden in some while, quite possibly. His numbers in the junior league were oustanding for such a young player (facing players that were 3-4 years older) and I wouldn't be surprised if he already this season got to play some games with Södertälje in the Swedish Elite League, against men.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
watch for...

Theres alot of decieving picks in this draft... I ve seen a trend of players who were drafted high in their respective drafts and either had injuries all year and could never recover or just didn;'t get the ice time

look for Tony Rizzi 6"3 185 lbs Kingston Frontenac 3rd overall pick 2003 OHL draft to have a big year coming off a season plagued with alot of injuries and his teammate Bobby Hughes who will be a top 4 round pick if he continues with the stats he amassed in his first OHL campaign.

I really like Daniel Bertram and Latendresse i think they will turn into excellent hockey players. This draft may see up to 30-35 Canadian born players selected in the top 2 round :handclap:
we dont know what will happen for sure but this draft looks good for canadian hockey.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
I think it's safe to say Ray Macias will go somewhere in the top 45 at least, if not the 1st round for sure.

Safir*

Newfie Bruin said:
Lets think one year down the road. Who will be the best? Here is my Top 45:

16. Christopher Gawlick, F, Germany

I would appreciate alot of comments(be positive or negative) to help keep my list accurate. Thank-You!

I read on the old Germany board (now Western Europe board) that he's even considered Top10 material.

KingofSpain

Mar 5, 2002
Windsor, ON
Visit site
I know these 2 aren't Top 45 material, but where do Steve Downie and Tom Mannino fit in? Can either of them slip into the 2nd, or are they more likely to be 3rd and 4th rounders?

MHJS

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
ktownhockey said:
Theres alot of decieving picks in this draft... I ve seen a trend of players who were drafted high in their respective drafts and either had injuries all year and could never recover or just didn;'t get the ice time

look for Tony Rizzi 6"3 185 lbs Kingston Frontenac 3rd overall pick 2003 OHL draft to have a big year coming off a season plagued with alot of injuries and his teammate Bobby Hughes who will be a top 4 round pick if he continues with the stats he amassed in his first OHL campaign.

I really like Daniel Bertram and Latendresse i think they will turn into excellent hockey players. This draft may see up to 30-35 Canadian born players selected in the top 2 round :handclap:
we dont know what will happen for sure but this draft looks good for canadian hockey.

Hughes will be a 2006 draftee. He's born Nov. 11.

Rizzi I hope will have a better year, but he really needs to improve himself overall if he wants to make the NHL. A better year in school might wouldn't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad