Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Balej's Dance said:
Matt Lashoff?

Can anyone give a scouting report? From boxscores he seems like a nasty D-man.
Maybe he is supposed to be, I dunno... but from the handful of games I've seen him, I never got that impression. He could be a bit chippy, maybe, in a cross-checky sense, but not really what I'd call physically assertive, let alone intimidating. He seemed to me more like a guy who kind of wanted to get involved more in the offense, but hadn't really broken into that role enough to get the green lights from the coaching staff. (And how could he really with Benoit as another L-shooting D on his team). :dunno:

X-SHARKIE

Probally the best defenseman in this catagory is Ryan Parent. He's big and very gritty and plays extremely tough in his own zone. He's a 1st round talent.

One of my favorite Crease Clearing defenseman is Phil Oreskovic of the Brampton Battallion. He's huge, very good 1-1, and plays with an edge from what i've seen.

He's about 6-4 200?

Scott Jackson is also considered a 1st day prospect, more offensively skilled then Oreskovic but he's also very big at 6-4 205 and plays with alot of grit.

Last edited:

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Mike Gauthier of the Prince Albert Raiders. Big tough right shot dman who plays very physical. Will probably go late 2nd or early 3rd round

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Postman said:
He's listed as 6'1'' on the USNTDP website.
According to the USA World Junior Camp, he is 6'1, 207 with 6% body fat. That means for a kid his age/size he could end up 6'2" and carry 215-220 easily.

A Good Flying Bird*

Hab Fan said:
Yes, also the best offensive dman--Jack Johnson.

Johnson is more of an open-ice and along the boards hitter.
Not to say that he can't be a crease-clearing guy - I'm sure he will be - but that's not big in his repetoire right now.
Expect some of that when he goes to Michigan next season.
His USA teammate Mark Mitera is a crease clearer. Not sure if he's 05 or 06 of the top of my head.
Mitera could be a guy who goes higher than many expect.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
monster_bertuzzi said:
I cant see Johnson growing another 2 inches. Once you're 17 (almost 18) your growth upwards is pretty much finished.
Not necessarily.

I was about 5'11'' when I was Johnson's age, now at 21 I'm about 6'0'' 1/2 (almost 6'1'').

Even if he doesn't grow, size isn't a concern. He's not towering, but he's above average in height and very well-built.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
monster_bertuzzi said:
I cant see Johnson growing another 2 inches. Once you're 17 (almost 18) your growth upwards is pretty much finished.

Didn't you ever take Biology? Men continue to grow until they turn 21. Its impossible to say whether Johnson will stay the same height or grow three inches. I will concede the former is much more likely than the latter, but I'd expect him to grow at least another inch before hes done growing.

Postman said:
Not necessarily.

I was about 5'11'' when I was Johnson's age, now at 21 I'm about 6'0'' 1/2 (almost 6'1'').

Even if he doesn't grow, size isn't a concern. He's not towering, but he's above average in height and very well-built.

Nice Avatar! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad