2005 Draft, Top 10

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
MaDdY said:
Leafs fans will put Rask higher than Price

Habs fans will put Price higher

I'm a Leafs fan and i'll take Rask before Price. He's been way too impressive in a men's league. Thrashers fan can make a case about Pavelech too, u know... ;)

I really like Pavelech and he's not far off from Rask and Price.

Yes, but there's certainly a lot more non-Leaf/non-Hab fans in this thread putting Rask ahead of Price, and rightfully so.

I just really don't get the mindset behind placing Price in front of Rask, we know who had the better year. Because of potential, you say? Bull. The people who are doing this have not seen enough of both to make that kind of judgement call, whether you're going to admit that or not. You might have seen Price play every single game he started this year, doesn't matter, you still haven't seen enough of Rask. The most you've seen out of Tuukka is 4 or 5 games in December; games in which he carried Finland on his back to bronze, and stole top goaltending honours away from an equally deserving Justin Pogge. And I find it awfully hard to believe you've seen Price display bigger potential than Rask did in that short tournament. So let's just drop this 'potential' line until you're in a position to make that call, because it's nothing but garbage now when one goaltender is playing halfway across the world.

Last edited:

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
monster_bertuzzi said:
So talent alone makes him a better player? Talent makes it sound like he is better in every aspect of the game. IMO Oshie is a better shooter, passer, hitter, hard worker, and stronger. So what talent does Cogliano have that Oshie doesn't(other then speed.)

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
gars59 said:
:shakehead it's pretty even

Unless I have the worst short-term memory in the free world, I'm pretty sure Rask has been placed on more top 10 lists than Price, when Montreal or Toronto fans haven't been involved.

You can go ahead and prove me wrong, I'll gladly eat crow.

And I mean really, of all the things I said, you respond to that?

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Garbs said:
Unless I have the worst short-term memory in the free world, I'm pretty sure Rask has been placed on more top 10 lists than Price, when Montreal or Toronto fans haven't been involved.

You can go ahead anf prove me wrong, I'll gladly eat crow.

And I mean really, of all the things I said, you respond to that?

i just watch all topic and it's pretty even

imo we will have to wait two or three years to saw who have reason ... the two goalie can bust , or become great .... we will see , we dont have to do a war , it's ridicoulus it's just sport !

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
gars59 said:
imo we will have to wait two or three years to saw who have reason ... the two goalie can bust , or become great .... we will see , we dont have to do a war , it's ridicoulus it's just sport !

It's healthy discussion...?

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
gars59 said:
what do you mean .. i just think that a debate will not change what goalie will become ! all people could have reason !

...what?

Anyway, for my own sanity.

Peter James Bond - Price
44_bertuzzi_44 - Rask
LeftKinger - "agrees" with 44_bertuzzi_44's list
Spetzky - Rask
clay - Rask
Tjardus Greidanus - Rask
Newfie Bruin - Rask
monster_bertuzzi - Price
KStewart113 - Price
jtuzzi - Price

And now I have to live down actually doing this on a Saturday night.

Last edited:

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
1) Sidney Crosby
2) Jack Johnson
3) Gilbert Brule
4) Bobby Ryan
5) Luc Bourdon
6) Marc Staal
7) Anze Kopitar
8) Benoit Pouliot
9) Jack Skille
10) Niklas Bergfors

Lupul*

Garbs said:
...what?

Anyway, for my own insanity.

Peter James Bond - Price
44_bertuzzi_44 - Rask
Spetzky - Rask
clay - Rask
Tjardus Greidanus - Rask
Newfie Bruin - Rask
monster_bertuzzi - Price
KStewart113 - Price
jtuzzi - Price

Garbs you can add me to the rask list

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
crosby_87 said:
So talent alone makes him a better player? Talent makes it sound like he is better in every aspect of the game. IMO Oshie is a better shooter, passer, hitter, hard worker, and stronger. So what talent does Cogliano have that Oshie doesn't(other then speed.)

Yes you are right, a better shooter, passer, hitter, hard worker and stronger, can do a better triple lux, quad, and he can leap tall buildings in a single bound.

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
aspin said:
Yes you are right, a better shooter, passer, hitter, hard worker and stronger, can do a better triple lux, quad, and he can leap tall buildings in a single bound.
That's your argument? I was just stating what Oshie was better at because I think Oshie is better. I have my opinion, you can have yours. I don't see what that last post proved though.

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
crosby_87 said:
That's your argument? I was just stating what Oshie was better at because I think Oshie is better. I have my opinion, you can have yours. I don't see what that last post proved though.

Well what am I supposed to say to your post? Your post was just as ridiculous and was without any objectivity whatsoever. I will give him the hitter and stronger but that is it. Cogliano has been dominant at every level he has been at since he was in his early teens. He started the year in college in the top scoring in college for quite sometime but just slowed right down after that due to his icetime being reduced especially one the PP.

He did not have the luxury of playing with Spirko and Zajac.

Cogliano has more speed in his baby toe than Oshie has in total and the great thing about Cogliano is that he can make plays at that top speed as well. Watching him at the WJCs though I wish he would cut another two inches off of his stick which would allow him to make more moves in close. Cogliano was almost a point a game player in the WJC with barely any PP time.

BleedBlue99

Feb 20, 2006
I agree, Cogliano should of had a bit better year, but when you play with two freshman things can be rough. He played the entire year with Travis Turnbull, and Tim Miller. Turnbull had 16 points and Miller had 15 points. On the other hand, Oshie played with Travis Zajac a sophmore, who had 45 points, and Spirko who had 38 points. You definately have to take in consideration that.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Garbs said:
...what?

Anyway, for my own insanity.

Peter James Bond - Price
44_bertuzzi_44 - Rask
Spetzky - Rask
clay - Rask
Tjardus Greidanus - Rask
Newfie Bruin - Rask
monster_bertuzzi - Price
KStewart113 - Price
jtuzzi - Price

and me to the price list

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
aspin said:
Well what am I supposed to say to your post? Your post was just as ridiculous and was without any objectivity whatsoever. I will give him the hitter and stronger but that is it. Cogliano has been dominant at every level he has been at since he was in his early teens. He started the year in college in the top scoring in college for quite sometime but just slowed right down after that due to his icetime being reduced especially one the PP.

He did not have the luxury of playing with Spirko and Zajac.

Cogliano has more speed in his baby toe than Oshie has in total and the great thing about Cogliano is that he can make plays at that top speed as well. Watching him at the WJCs though I wish he would cut another two inches off of his stick which would allow him to make more moves in close. Cogliano was almost a point a game player in the WJC with barely any PP time.
I hate to admit it, but nice post. I will try to take Oshie's side on a few of these.
Oshie has also been dominant at every level he has played at since his early teens. He started his year at UND near the top in scoring, and ended near the top. He was incredibly consistent all year.

You say Cogliano had lesser linemates, which I agree with. But you have to remember, icetime is earned, not just handed out. I didn't see many Michigan games this year, but Oshie clearly earned every bit of his ice time for the Sioux.
The only Michigan game I really watched Cogliano closely was in the West Regional, and I came away unimpressed. He was obviously fast, but he made a few poor decisions that led to Sioux goals(he took a penalty while they were on PP, and UND's shorthanded goal was directly caused from Cogliano's errant pass to the middle). He might not have had his best game, but that is all I have to go by.

I'm sure they will both be great players, and next year will tell the tale. They will both be on their team's top 1 or 2 lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->