5 - Montreal - Marc Staal
6 - Columbus - Luc Bourdon
7 - Chicago - Anze Kopitar
8 - San Jose - Benoit Pouliot
9 - Ottawa - Carey Price
10 - Vancouver - TJ Oshie

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
beyond crosby....and he was #1 so it doesn't matter.

honestly i don't think anyone made a huge enough leap forward to really make it much different.

I'd move bourdon up a few slots, but otherwise i dont see how anyone helped themselves THAT much to make a huge impact

leafaholix*

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Bobby Ryan
3. Jack Johnson
4. Marc Staal
5. Gilbert Brule
6. Benoit Pouliot
7. Tuukka Rask
8. Brian Lee
9. Luc Bourdon
10. Anze Kopitar

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Chrisd said:
beyond crosby....and he was #1 so it doesn't matter.

honestly i don't think anyone made a huge enough leap forward to really make it much different.

I'd move bourdon up a few slots, but otherwise i dont see how anyone helped themselves THAT much to make a huge impact

What are you talking about? Kopitar made great strides. If there was a re-draft today, Anze would go #2 without question.

Kopitar led the Swedish Elite League Relegation Round with 7 goals in 10 games.
He is currently the 4th overall scorer in the World Championships. You'll see his name above Ovechkin and Malkin:

http://live82.ihwc.net/hydra/stats/...ata/iihf/output/xml/46/IHM046Z03_85B_1_0.html

1 - Pittsburgh - Sidney Crosby
2 - Anaheim - Anze Kopitar
3 - Carolina - Jack Johnson
4 - Minnesota - Gilbert Brule
6 - Columbus - Nicklas Bergfors
7 - Chicago - Bobby Ryan
9 - Ottawa - Carey Price
10 - Vancouver - Luc Bourdon

Lupul*

Peter James Bond said:
What are you talking about? Kopitar made great strides. If there was a re-draft today, Anze would go #2 without question.

Kopitar led the Swedish Elite League Relegation Round with 7 goals in 10 games.
He is currently the 4th overall scorer in the World Championships. You'll see his name above Ovechkin and Malkin:

http://live82.ihwc.net/hydra/stats/...ata/iihf/output/xml/46/IHM046Z03_85B_1_0.html

1 - Pittsburgh - Sidney Crosby
2 - Anaheim - Anze Kopitar
3 - Carolina - Jack Johnson
4 - Minnesota - Gilbert Brule
6 - Columbus - Nicklas Bergfors
7 - Chicago - Bobby Ryan
9 - Ottawa - Carey Price
10 - Vancouver - Luc Bourdon
You are really overrating Kopitar I think he would move up a few to around #6,7, or 8, but up to 2 is just way too high, also Kopitar has played a game more than Malkin and AO

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
44_bertuzzi_44 said:
1. Crosby
2. Johnson
3. Brule
4. Kopitar
5. Ryan
6. Staal
7. Bourdon
8. Rask
9. Zarapagan
10. Pouliot
I agree with this list. Kopitar would no doubt go top 5. The biggest knock on him was his skating and he has really improved that.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sedin33 said:
You are really overrating Kopitar I think he would move up a few to around #6,7, or 8, but up to 2 is just way too high, also Kopitar has played a game more than Malkin and AO

Yes, AO and Malkin have played 1 game, but it was against Kazakhstan.

Kopitar has scored 4 points in 2 games vs Finland and Sweden, which have excellent defenses. Kopitar also has to play with 2 linemates who are about AHL level ability-wise.

Lupul*

Peter James Bond said:
Yes, AO and Malkin have played 1 game, but it was against Kazakhstan.

Kopitar has scored 4 points in 2 games vs Finland and Sweden, which have excellent defenses. Kopitar also has to play with 2 linemates who are about AHL level ability-wise.
You do make a good point, but two imo is still too high

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
1. Crosby
2. Brule
3. Johnson
4. Kopitar
5. Staal
6. Ryan
7. Rask
8. Bourdon
9. Bergfors
10. Setoguchi

I was tempted to put Yandle at 10.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
1. Crosby
2. Johnson
3. Brule
4. Staal
5. Bourdon
6. Kopitar
7. Oshie
8. Pouliot
9. Ryan
10. Parent (under-rated)

Kopitar has the big upside but we need to see him in NA competition before saying too much. Crosby comparison are a little over the top at the moment.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
1) Crosby
2) Brule
3) Johnson
4) Ryan
5) Staal
6) Bourdon
7) Setoguchi
8) Kopitar
9) Oshie
10) Rask

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Whatever happened to Brian Lee, and Jack Skille...I mean i know Lee was a bit off the map but wasen`t Skille supposed to be the second coming of Bill Guerin. I only saw him a couple of times in the World Jrs but I wasen`t that impressed for a number 6 overall, but he could have had ``òff`` games......Can anybody tell me whats going on with his progress...

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Considering I had Kopitar as the #3 best prospect in the draft going in...I'm keeping him there.

1. Crosby
2. Johnson
3. Kopitar
4. Brule
5. Ryan
6. Staal
7. Bourdon
8. Pouliot
9. Zapragan
10. Rask

Whingman

Nov 1, 2005
1. Sydney Crosby
2. Gilbert Brule
3. Jack Johnson
4. Marc Staal
5. Anze Kopitar
6. Luc Bourdon
7. Devin Setoguchi
8. Bobby Ryan
9. Benoit Pouliot
10. T.J. Oshie

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
How is Oshie ahead of Bergfors? Just wondering....one projects to an energy 2nd/3rd liner, the other projects into a 1st/2nd line offensive player.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jason MacIsaac said:
How is Oshie ahead of Bergfors? Just wondering....one projects to an energy 2nd/3rd liner, the other projects into a 1st/2nd line offensive player.

I think you underrate Oshie's offensive abilities.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Harold_Snepps_Rocks said:
Whatever happened to Brian Lee, and Jack Skille...I mean i know Lee was a bit off the map but wasen`t Skille supposed to be the second coming of Bill Guerin. I only saw him a couple of times in the World Jrs but I wasen`t that impressed for a number 6 overall, but he could have had ``òff`` games......Can anybody tell me whats going on with his progress...
Lee is fine. He's still a big kid with nice hands. He was a Top 4 defenseman and played on the first PP unit as a true freshman. He ran out of gas for about six weeks after the WJC, but seemed to find his game again in time for the stretch run. The knock on him is that he doesn't have much snarl. It's true, but whether that impacts his ability to be an outstanding defenseman is unclear right now.

I really liked what I saw of Skille down the stretch in the playoffs. He is just a freight train when he gets moving down the wing with the puck. I agree that he didn't stand out in the WJC, but his later play just screamed "future NHL power forward," with the emphasis on Power.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Rabid Ranger said:
I think you underrate Oshie's offensive abilities.
RR, I seen him play for UND and I seen him play at the WJC. I just can't see his offense translating to the NHL. He has alot of heart, hussel and speed but when the game gets bigger and faster I don't see him having the abilities to put up big amounts of points. Not saying he won't be an important player but I see him being at best a Chris Higgins type prospect.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
It's still early to know for sure if there would be much change in a redraft but The following imo have early potential to be pretty good picks.Brule(but still some ? marks),Kopitar,Bourdon,Rask,Latendresse,Letang,Ryder,and Trukhno. Trukhno is certainly looking much better than a 4th round pick.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Jason MacIsaac said:

Because Oshie's the one that projects to a 1st/2nd line offensive player... ;)

Don't get me wrong... I like Bergfors too. A lot. But Oshie has been the steal of that draft as far as I'm concerned.

P_B

:bow: :blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->