2005 and 2006 entry draft together??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
Even if the NHL doesn't put the draft lottery on TV (like the NBA), they should do it differently than they do now.

Drawing the balls in a secluded NY office makes things seem a bit shady. Maybe make it a little more public.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Jaded-Fan said:
Even on the radio? Internet? The NBA broadcasts it during halftime of one of the post season games I think. It certainly would not hurt and would have some interest I think.
Yeah, but in the NBA, it takes at least half an hour, doesn't it? Don't they draw a ball for each spot in the first round or something like that?

In the NHL lottery, one team is chosen. That's it. The second that happens, it's on TSN's site.

I suppose this year, with such a high-profile player available, it would be more interesting to see it live, and I wouldn't be surprised if TSN covers it somehow, probably parking cameras outside the NHL office or something.

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
There are a lot of speculations about the 2005 entry draft. I think it could be possible that these drafts will held together.

Impossible. There is no way the NHL could legally prevent 18 year olds from turning pro. That's why there ian 18 year old draft to begin the with. The NHL would much prerfer the draft to be at a higher age. There has to be a draft this summer.

Remember, that the draft eligable players are not NHPLA members, so I doubt that therer there has to be a CBA for the NHL to hold a draft. Interesting question, though.

The Maltais Falcon

Jan 9, 2005
Atlanta, GA
arnie said:
Impossible. There is no way the NHL could legally prevent 18 year olds from turning pro. That's why there ian 18 year old draft to begin the with. The NHL would much prerfer the draft to be at a higher age. There has to be a draft this summer.
The NHL can argue that if an 18 year-old wants to turn pro, he can sign with a league other than the NHL. There's any number of minor pro leagues in North America and of course all the elite leagues in Europe. The NHL isn't the only avenue for a young hockey player looking to ply his trade professionally.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
arnie said:

Remember, that the draft eligable players are not NHPLA members, so I doubt that therer there has to be a CBA for the NHL to hold a draft. Interesting question, though.

Really? The NFL doesn't seem to have a problem with this.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Seachd said:
Yeah, but in the NBA, it takes at least half an hour, doesn't it? Don't they draw a ball for each spot in the first round or something like that?

In the NHL lottery, one team is chosen. That's it. The second that happens, it's on TSN's site.

I suppose this year, with such a high-profile player available, it would be more interesting to see it live, and I wouldn't be surprised if TSN covers it somehow, probably parking cameras outside the NHL office or something.

In the NBA the teams are not slotted once the first pick is determined, that is true (though the weighting favors those in the order they finish throughout). Still, how about a drawing between periods of the first finals game? It would not take much and add to the excitement, perhaps even audience.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
monster_bertuzzi said:
But dont you think a GM would look a tad foolish taking...Peter Mueller over Brule?

Mueller yes, im not a big fan of his :)

But Brule isnt as much of a lock for #2. I think there is a 60% chance he goes #2. If i was picking id probably take Brule but god knows what the GMs will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->