Pat Kaleta
Geoff Paukovich
Chad Kolarik
Benn Ferriero
Ryan Stoa
Nathan Gerbe
Patrick Davis
Bobby Ryan

The guys I have bolded have a great shot at being on the team when it's all said and done (IMO)

Last edited:

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
I think there's at least one forward you are missing from your list. Phil Kessel ring a bell. Or what about Peter Mueller?

Or do they not have to go to camp because they are already guaranteed spots?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Nash said:
I think there's at least one forward you are missing from your list. Phil Kessel ring a bell. Or what about Peter Mueller?

Or do they not have to go to camp because they are already guaranteed spots?

My bad. I thought I had them on there. Thanks for pointing that out. :innocent:

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
After Thelen's absurd season, he better have the camp of his life because there's no way he's getting on this team unless this year for him is the best of his life thus far.

espo*

Rabid Husky said:
Yes, he's an 85 and after watching him last year, that's not a bad thing
Damn,i was kinda counting on him being there next year.

espo*

nomorekids said:
haha, for what? a glaring weak spot on the USA's defense?
Exactly ;) No such luck though.Oh well,maybe someone on that roster can be next years Jeff Likens.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
I'm really looking like a tard here. I had one list made up and I guess I copied and pasted wrong. Thanks for the gentile reminder.

Great list except that it's a GENTLE reminder not a GENTILE reminder.
Gentle = Considerate or kindly in disposition, Gentile = One who is not of the Jewish faith. Your mistake did however remind me of a player you are missing, Michigan State recruit and U-18 defensemen, Brandon GENTILE. He'll most likely be at the camp.

Also, I don't know if he'll make the team but I would bet a lot that Cedar Rapids (USHL) forward Justin Abdelkader gets an invite to the camp. Brett Motherwell, defensemen from Omaha (USHL) and a Boston College recruit might also get invited.

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Spectacular_Bid said:
Great list except that it's a GENTLE reminder not a GENTILE reminder.
Gentle = Considerate or kindly in disposition, Gentile = One who is not of the Jewish faith. Your mistake did however remind me of a player you are missing, Michigan State recruit and U-18 defensemen, Brandon GENTILE. He'll most likely be at the camp.

Also, I don't know if he'll make the team but I would be a lot that Cedar Rapids (USHL) forward Justin Abdelkader gets an invite to the camp. Brett Motherwell, defensemen from Omaha (USHL) and a Boston College recruit might also get invited.

Would you believe me if that was an intentional play on words? You're probably right about Gentile (he was one of my final cuts) and Justin Abdelkader is a possibility. I noticed he was the 50th ranked prospect for the draft by The Hockey News.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Camden said:
What's wrong with Likens? Isn't he likely to get drafted this year?

Likens isn't a very good defenseman. He's got some nice offensive ability, but in his own zone he's clueless. I have no problem saying that he single-handidly cost us a medal at the WJC's. If he is drafted, it will be very late.

Guy Flaming

I'm really happy for Geoff Paukovich.

I just interviewed him last week and he was really excited about the possibility of getting an invite let alone thinking about the WJC itself.

You guys have seen him a lot more than I have, what are his chances? Massive center that can play both ends of the rink seems like a pretty valuable player to me. He's got international experience already and has a history with the National program.

You tell me, I'm asking.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Guy Flaming said:
I'm really happy for Geoff Paukovich.

I just interviewed him last week and he was really excited about the possibility of getting an invite let alone thinking about the WJC itself.

You guys have seen him a lot more than I have, what are his chances? Massive center that can play both ends of the rink seems like a pretty valuable player to me. He's got international experience already and has a history with the National program.

You tell me, I'm asking.

He's a lock for an invite, although I don't think his chances are very good to actually make the squad. Too much depth at forward on the U.S. team. With the style the U.S. typically employs in international tournaments (especially at the junior level), I'm not sure he'd fit in really well anyway. If he's somehow selected he could be a nice weapon on the 3rd line and PP though.

Last edited:

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
rabid ranger, good list. i would probably add jordan lavallee and nick foligno at forward to replace maybe ferriero and paukovich. i know the usa like ferriero, but i think foligno is a better player, and paukovich is a nice 86, but i think lavallee might be the better of the two.

i think frazee will be the starter. im not sold on schneider yet, and frazee has proven that hes a big game goalie. i think he should be a first rounder if they were having a draft.

also, assuming mueller is chosen, which i think he will be, do you think he'll have a greater, equal or less impact then kessel did last year?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
orangeandblack said:
rabid ranger, good list. i would probably add jordan lavallee and nick foligno at forward to replace maybe ferriero and paukovich. i know the usa like ferriero, but i think foligno is a better player, and paukovich is a nice 86, but i think lavallee might be the better of the two.

i think frazee will be the starter. im not sold on schneider yet, and frazee has proven that hes a big game goalie. i think he should be a first rounder if they were having a draft.

also, assuming mueller is chosen, which i think he will be, do you think he'll have a greater, equal or less impact then kessel did last year?

Yeah, I orginally had Lavallee and Foligno on there. I just think it's more likely Paukovich and Ferriero get the invites. I could be wrong though. Foligno, in particular is more likely for next year. As for the starting goaltender, there is no doubt in my mind that Schneider is number one. He'll have to fall on his face for Frazee to displace him. When it comes to Kessel and Mueller, Kessel will have the bigger impact in the tournament, although it's not outside the realm of possibility for Mueller to end up the better pro player. We'll have to see about that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->