2004 QMJHL Mock Draft - 4th Annual (Long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Its long, yeah i have no life, spare me the jabs ! :)

1. Halifax ---- James Sheppard - F -Dartmouth NSMAAA - 6'01 184 - 61gp/38g/54a/92pts/46pim - 1988
It has been rumoured that the 1st overall pick is heading to Cape-Breton, but either way Sheppard will be the first player taken in the 2004 QMJHL Draft. That makes it back-to-back NS first overall picks (Crosby in 2003 was the other). Sheppard provides things that some forwards in Quebec dont in this draft, size, quickness, defensive play as well as a dynamic offensive game.

2. Bathurst ---- Jonathan Bernier - G - L-L-L QMAAA - 5'11 180 - 22gp/2.83ave/0.906sav% - 1988
Bathurst's need for a future #1 goalie has been well publisized. Bernier is by far the best goalie available in the draft and i dont think Bathurst can let another team pick him.

3. Victoriaville ---- Benjamin Breault - F - CCL QMAAA - 5'10 168 - 32gp/27g/23a/50pts/18pim - 1988
Merry Christmas goes out to the Victoriaville Tigres. Consensus #1 overall pick Breault slops down to #3 and John Greene doesnt waste any time and snatching him up. Breault drops not because of his play, but because the two teams above them pick locally or pick for need.

4. Baie-Comeau ---- Jason Legault - D - West Island QMAAA - 6'01 205 - 39gp/14g/13a/27pts/95pim - 1988
Baie-Comeau is in need of a couple young blueliners. Especially one that can become their PP QB in a year. Jason has the whole package. He has good size, hes a great skater and is great with and without the puck. This pick makes sense oh many levels because Legault is the best player available at #4.

5. Gatineau via Quebec ---- Alex Biega - D - West Island QMAAA - 5'09 176 - 36gp/7g/16a/23pts/54pim - 1988
Not a typical Gatineau pick but they select the flashy offensive defensemen from West Island. Biega is one of the best skaters in the whole draft and has a dynamic skill set. His main weaknesses is that he sometimes gets caught being too offensive and that allows other teams to get odd man breaks. With good coaching and patients Alex could be the best offensive dman in the Q in 4 years.

6. Drummondville ---- Dany Masse - F - CAG QMAAA - 5'09 181 - 42gp/25g/25a/50pts/56pim - 1988
Masse had a pretty average showing at the CSR Prospect Tournement but I feel that teams wont be inclinded to pass on him based on only 2 games. He dominated at times during the season with a very offensive CAG team. He is a good all-around offensive player with good speed. Drummondville probably needs a defensmen but they take the best player available.

7. Val D'or ---- Yannik Riendeau - F - CCL QMAAA - 5'08 154 - 42gp/18g/37a/55pts/14pim - 1988
VD definatly need to take a forward with the #7 pick. They were stingy defensivly last year but they couldnt score enough to win games. Riendeau is small but very shifty and has tremendous vision. He will work well with Olivier Latendresse next year.

8. Lewiston ---- Alex Lamontagne - D - Trois-Rivières QMAAA - 6'03 201 - 41gp/2g/5a/7pts/156pim - 1988
The 2004 draft doesnt have much in the way of quality stay-at-home dmen and that is one of Lewiston's main weaknesses. Lamontagne is a big guy who has average puck skills, but he is a rock on defense and could develop a scoring touch later on in his carrer. The first ever draft pick in the Clement Jodoins era will be Lamontagne.

9. Rouyn-Noranda ---- Peter-James Corsi - F - L-L-L QMAAA - 5'10 162 - 42g/26g/22a/48pts/56pim - 1988
Corsi had a poor playoff and an even worse CSR Tournement but he still has a lot of skill and potential. He was the leader offensivly on a low scoring Laval team. He reminds me of a less skilled Brent Aubin, and he could very likely be his linemate next season. Size isnt an issue as the West Division is known for their smaller players. Corsi hit a wall after teh 25 game mark and was in the dog house, however he has unquestionable skills.

10. Chicoutimi ---- Pier-Alexandre Poulin - F - Levis QMAAA - 6'04 182 - 41gp/15g/28a/43pts/38pim - 1988
This is Richard Martel's chance to have his fingerprints on the Sags. He does what he normally does and picks a player with size. Poulin isnt one of my favourites but he is an effective player. He used his size quite a bit at the CSR and played well enough to move up into the 1st round. Chicoutimi needs dmen but with another 1st round pick (16) it allows them to take the best player available.

11. Shawinigan ---- Vincent Remillard - F - L-L-L QMAAA - 5'10 165 - 36gp/16g/15a/31pts/40pim - 1988
Some may think this is a reach but Remillard has all sorts of talent in a small package. He is very quick and good with the puck and he know show to finish. Shawinigan is known for taking those types of players so it wouldnt surprise me one bit if they took Remillard early.

12. PEI ---- Pascal Boutin - D - CCL QMAAA - 6'01 211 - 41gp/6g/17a/23pts/47pim - 1988
A good all-around defensemen. PEI is only returning 4 dmen and 2 only played a handful of games. PEI will probably take dmen early on. Boutin is a solid pick at #12. There are other quality dmen available, but Boutin does everything well.

13. Moncton ---- Nicolas Blanchard - F - CAG QMAAA - 6'01 164 - 42gp/24g/31a/55pts/20pim - 1987
Moncton is returning 5/6 of their top 2 lines and i feel that Blanchard would be able to step right in and replace Mathieu Betournay. Monctin is probably going to host the 2006 Memorial Cup so drafting 87's wouldnt be a bad idea. Plus Blanchard can play. And at #13 is a mini-steal.

14. Rimouski ---- Dean Ouellet - F - Fredricton NBMAAA - 5'10 170 - 33gp/30g/20a/50pts/36pim - 1987
This is my surprise pick. I feel that Rimouski is going to go with an offensive 1987 born to bolster their secondary scoring immediatly. Ouellet has really improved over the course of the year to the pont that he was dominant at the CSR tournement. His blend of quickness and puck skills make him a great pick. Some may view this as a reach.

15. Victoriaville from Halifax via Cape-Breton ---- Graham Bona - D - Dartmouth NSMAAA - 6'03 210 - 58gp/2g/13a/15pts/82pim - 1988
John Greene has shown that he isnt afriad to dip into the Maritime talent pool and he does so here bolstering his weak defense. Victo has the legs up front but are seriously lacking on the back end with youth. There will be no rush in Victo next year and they will try and develop Bona into the defensmen many of us think he will become.

16. Chicoutimi from Quebec via Gatineau ---- Guillaume Durand - D - L-L-L QMAAA - 6'00 217 - 41gp/2g/8a/10pts/87pim - 1988
Martel likes tough players. And Durand put on a show of toughness at the CSR Tournement pileing up 36 PIM in 2 games!! But he can also play the game as well. Chicoutimi needs young defensemen and with the selection of Poulin at #10 they will go with the best available defensmen at 16 and that is Durand.

ROUND 2:

17. Bathurst ---- Henrik Lavoie - F - Levis QMAAA - 6'01 180 - 41gp/20g/20a/40pts/72pim - 1988
Bathurst will go for size up front with this pick. But Lavoie isnt just big, he is a good hockey player. He is a good all-sround offensive threat. He isnt flashy but he gets the job done. Also he is responsible in the defensive zone.

18. Halifax ---- Stephane Cesar - G - Outaouais ME Qc - 6'01 148 - 26gp/2.31ave - 1988
Halifax needs a younger goalie to groom for the future as their goalie depth is a bit old. Cesar is the perfect fit because he wont have pressure put on him by playing a lot and at the same time can work with Halifax's goalie coach Patrick Dallaire. This could be viewed as a reach, but look at it as a steal in 2-3 years. I feel with this pick Halifax will either be taking Dupont or Cesar. They could be leaning to pick Dupont since they do need a guy next year who can play 15 games as a back up, not sure if Cesar is ready.

19. Victoriaville ---- Mathieu Labrie - D - Fredricton NBMAAA - 6'00 182 - 33gp/9g/18a/27pts/108pim - 1987
Victo dips into the maritimes again to help bolster their defensive corps. Labrie will be able to step right in and eat up some minutes for Victo. He is a good all-around defensemen who does everything well. This selection makes sense.

20. Baie-Comeau ---- Stephano Giliati - F - West Island QMAAA - 5'11 185 - 37gp/14g/35a/49pts/49pim - 1987
The Drakkar are going to select the best player left and that would be Giliati. Giliati is a great skater and can step into the Baie-Comeau line-up next season and produce. BaC could go for an 88 born to develop but Giliati is more of a sure thing.

21. Rimouski via Quebec ---- Simon Danis-Pepin - D - Gatineau QMAAA - 6'04 185 - 33gp/2g/15a/17pts/16pim - 1988
Rimouski takes a player to develop for the future. With almost everyone returning there will be no rush on Danis-Pepin to play right away. Instead he can go back to MAAA and improve his game and get stronger.

22. Drummondville ---- Philippe Paquet - D - SSF QMAAA - 6'03 185 - 40gp/7g/14a/21pts/88pim - 1987
Paquet was rated as a 1st round pick last year but because of uncertantiy about him going to the NCAA teams passed on him. This year he is committed to play in the QMJHL and Drummondville picks him up. Paquet is a 2 way defensemen who can play right away next year for the Volts.

23. Val D'or ---- Michael Dupont - G - L-L-L QMAAA - 6'00 162 - 20gp/2.88ave/.903sav% - 1987
Yes, VD drafted goaltender Sebastien Blouin last year in round 2, but he hasnt developed quite as planned. Dupont is a good insurance policy who can step right in with VD next year and at least split time with another goalie.

24. Moncton via Lewiston ---- Hugo Carpentier - F - Gatineau QMAAA - 6'00 196 - 40gp/14g/23a/37pts/38pim - 1988
Moncton picks a solid player in every aspect of the game. Hugo can fit into Larue's system and still put up respectable offensive numbers. Had some health issues but it seems that is all cleared up. Wont be rushed with Moncton's depth at every position.

25. Rouyn-Noranda ---- Maxime Noreau - D - West Island QMAAA - 5'11 183 - 41gp/13g/20a/33pts/60pim - 1987
Rouyn has a good core of 17 and 18 year olds on defense and you can add one more. Noreau makes it 3 West Island Lions dmen to be picked in the top 25. Noreau is a good offensive and defensive dman and isnt afraid to mix it up.

26. Gatineau via Chicoutimi ---- Simon Blais - G - Outaouais ME Qc - 6'00 155 - 26gp/2.92ave - 1988
Gatineau needs a goalie as they have 2 returning next year, but both at 19. And at #5 they didnt want to reach too far and select one. So with their next pick they take hometown boy Simon Blais. The CSR dogged him in the last rankings but for anyone who was at the CSR, they know Blais is going to be a good one. He reminded me of Corey Crawford in the way he is always in position and never has to make those desperation saves.

27. Shawinigan ---- David Crossman - D - Moncton NBMAAA - 6'00 168 - 32gp/4g/14a/18pts/119pim - 1987
Shawinigan hasnt been scared to dip into the Maritime talent pool and Crossman is just that, quite talented. He can fit right into a QMJHL lineup next year no problem. He plays a good 2-way game and isnt afriad to mix it up. One thing I really like about his game is his mistake free play. You dont notice him much on the ice, and that is a good thing for a defensemen. Also he improved a lot over the course of the year which teams like to see.

28. PEI ---- Jean-Phillipe Chabot - F - Levis QMAAA - 6'00 172 - 42gp/18g/20a/38pts/53pim - 1988
Not sure why CSR rated him so low but he ran the show at the CSR and had a solid year in AAA. He is a big 2-way forward that fits into PEI's system. He can skate, play phsycial and has ability in all 3 zones. PEI needs defensemen but they took one 12th so they will probably take the best player left.

29. Moncton ---- Ryan Hillier - F - Dartmouth NSMAAA - 6'00 170 - 55gp/31g/36a/67pts/97pim - 1988
With Monctons depth at ever position with roster players and prospects they pick a mini-project. Hillier obviosuly has great talent and skill set, but i feel after watching him throughout the year that he needs more time in AAA. Which isnt a bad thing. And with Moncton already having an excess of players it would be a good situation for Hillier to be drafted into. Moncton can take their time with him and not rush him.

30. Rimouski ---- Maxime Tanguay - F - Beauce-Amiante ME Qc - 5'08 136 - 46gp/42g/63a/105pts/38pim - 1988
With the amount fo retunring players, especially forwards, it is best for Rimouski to pick a 1988 born. Plus I think a year of AAA will help out Tanguay's game. He reminded me a lot of Pierre-Marc Bouchard in the way he made the game slow down when he had the puck. He isnt the best skater but he has superb vision and hockey sense. At the CSR Challenge he was pushed around quite a but by bigger bodies, but i think another year of growing will do him some good.

31. Cape-Breton ---- Maxime Frechette - D - CCL QMAAA - 6'02 167 - 39gp/1g/4a/5pts/38pim - 1988
CB GM Pascal Vincent siad he wants to concentrate on picking hard working players in this draft and that is what Maxime is. He is also a good defensive dman. You can never have enough of those in the Q. With some nice returning Dmen i can see CB defantly drafting an 88 Dman here and sending him back to AAA. Frechette fits that discription.

32. Rouyn-Noranda via Gatineau ---- Francois Gauthier - F - Levis QMAAA - 5'08 162 - 42gp/15g/18a/33pts/50pim - 1988
Heavily underrated player, Rouyn has a tendancy to take a home-run pick at this stage in the draft and Gauthier is just that. He had a great underage year in Levis and had a great CSR Tournement where he showcased his amazing offensive ability. His size shouldnt be a factor as he is ellusive and a great skater.

ROUND 3:

33. Shawingan via Acadie-Bathurst ---- Stefan Chaput - F - West Island QMAAA - 5'10 164 - 29gp/7g/11a/18pts/12pim - 1988
Doesnt have the most flattering numbers but dont kid yourself he has good offensive upside. Id consider him a mini steal at this point in the draft but most people arent very high on Chaput for some reason. He is a great skater, he skates low to the ground and seems like he never gets hit despite his small frame. He will never be a guy who will lead the league in scoring but he can defantly put up 1st liner numbers. He may be the type of player to need another year in AAA and with Shawi's returning forward depth they can be patient.

34. Shawinigan via Halifax ---- Sebastien Piche - D - Amos QMAAA - 5'10 170 - 39gp/5g/15a/20pts/48pim - 1988
I love the way he plays. Not the biggest defensemen but he is not afriad to mix it up with players bigger. Also his offensive game is pretty polished for an underaged defensemen. Not sure why he is so low on the CSR list. He is a great prospect and im sure he will be in the QMJHL next year.

35. Victoriaville ---- Carl Lauzon - F - CCL QMAAA - 5'08 154 - 41gp/22g/38a/60pts/54pim - 1987
Smaller offensive player but has amazing skills. Was considered a 1st round pick for most of the year but Victo snaps him up in the 3rd round. He can step right into their high octane offensive system. Can play both wing and center. Similar player to Benot Doucet, who Victo picked last year.

36. Gatineau via Baie-Comeau ---- Wesley Welcher - F - St. John's NFLDMAAA - 5'11 175 - 18gp/13g/14a/27pts/31pim - 1987
Had a great showing at the CSR Challenge. I thought he used his size and speed to his advantage and did great things with the puck. He could go earlier but i feel this is fair. There are a few 1987 born forwards i would take before him. Gatineau has shown that they like the newfs so this is a nice fit all around, especially since Gatineau is losing their top line.

37. Moncton via Quebec ---- Michael Dubuc - F - CAG QMAAA - 6'01 161 - 10gp/6g/2a/8pts/2pim - 1988
Michael had some injury troubles throughout the year but he has undesputed talents. Could be a steal in the 3rd round considering the injury filled year he had. When he was healthy he played solid. He is also a very good aggitater type checking forward with good offensive upside. Would probably need another year of AAA because of all the injuries, but there is no room on Moncton anyway.

38. Drummondville ---- Guy Belisle - F - Gatineau QMAAA - 5'09 196 - 40gp/33g/32a/65pts/59pim - 1987
Tore up MAAA this year and was one of the top scorers. The guy is an all out offensive machine. Maybe will be picked earlier but i dont think Drummondville will let him slide by. He can play in the QMJHL next year for sure. He is short but thick and hard to knock off the puck. His size shouldnt hold him back in the QMJHL.

39. Val-D'or ---- Matheiu Lachaine - F - Amos QMAAA - 5'10 163 - 39gp/12g/21a/33pts/30pim - 1988
Val-D'or goes into their own backyard with this pick and picks the speedy playmaker from Amos MAAA. Lachaine didnt have an overly impressive CSR weekend but his season wasnt a fluke. With VD essentially needing help everywhere they take the verstatile offensive forward.

40. Lewiston ---- Kyle Kelly - F - West Island QMAAA - 6'01 176 - 36gp/10g/19a/29pts/77pim - 1988
Kelly wasnt rated on the CSR list, which was a joke in my opinion. The guy is big, can skate, and has decent hands and likes to play physical. He just seems like a Lewiston type player.

41. Rouyn-Noranda ---- Alexandre Angers-Goulet - F - Rive-Nord - 5'09 146 - 22gp/14g/11a/25pts - 1988
A flashy player, a typcial quebec groomed offensive forward. The kid really showed his skill set during the CSR. Didnt really get the results but you could tell he is pretty special. He probably needs a year of AAA where he could dominate. More a long-term project for Rouyn.

42. Chicoutimi ---- Nicholas Albany - F - West Island QMAAA - 5'09 171 - 39gp/6g/9a/15pts/80pim - 1988
This guy is a bulldog. Dont be fooled by his size, the guy can hit like a train. I love his intensity and i feel that he could fit into what Chicoutimi is doing. Martel loves those type of players. Also Albany is one of the better skaters in the draft and plays fearless, all and all a great player. I am not sold on his offensive production but not everyone can be a scorer.

43. Shawinigan ---- Justin Langlois-Beeby - F - Outaouais ME Qc - 5'10 157 - No Stats - 1988
An off the board type of pick. But dont kid yoursef, Beeby is a great player. With Shawinigan's retruning depth they will take Justin as more of a prospect. Definatly will be going back to MAAA and i could see a Francis Pare type break out year from the small centermen. Beeby's main weapons are his speed and playmaking. And from all accounts is a good kid.

44. PEI ---- Matthew David - F - LacStLouis ME Qc - 6'01 195 - 25gp/12g/15a/27pts - 1988
He will fit in well with the monsters PEI has up front. PEI is building a very intimidating forward corp, with guys such as Soucey, Hawes, Lalierte, Lapierre and now David. David has decent hockey skills and is a good skater but his main asset is his physical play. He should be an effective player playing in the Maritime division, which is much more physical than the 2 Divisions in Quebec.

45. Moncton ---- Kyle Stanley - D - Gatineau QMAAA - 6'02 190 - 30gp/1g/5a/6pts/40pim - 1988
Big and strong stay-at-home defensemen. Could be groomed into a great 2nd pairing shut down type guy if Moncton gives him time. He already plays physical but id love to see him use his big body to lay more guys out, or punish them along the boards. If he gets some sort of mean-streak he should be a great defensemen. Also his mobility is good, his foot work needs work, but so do most big players.

46. Rimouski ---- Simon Prosper - F - Picotu NSMAAA - 6'02 190 - 33gp/8g/12a/20pts/96pim - 1987
Rimouski has so many picks they can afford to get an enforcer. With Eric Nielson being 20 this coming year it would be good for Rimouski to start grooming another tough guy. Also Prosper can play the game at a decent level. His skating is good and he has good intensity. Only draw back is that he often takes himself out of position to make the big hit.

47. Cape-Breton ---- Sebastien Dube - G - Bas St-Laurent ME Qc - 5'11 151 - 34gp/2.91ga - 1988
Pretty well played every game for his Espoir team. Was a real surprise at the CSR Challenge and was actually quite good. His is quick but well positioned. With more time and patience he should defantly be a #1 goalie in the QMJHL. He could use more time in Midget AAA next year but if Martin Houle is traded, it wouldnt surprise me to see him make the Eagles.

48. Drummondville via Gatineau ---- Mathieu Bolduc - D - Magog QMAAA - 6'01 162 - 33gp/0g/8a/8pts/44pim - 1988
Drummondville is a little weak on he blueline so they take a nice project type in Bolduc. He is a big guy who needs to fill in, but once he does he should be a pretty steady stay at home type. This could be viewed as a reach by some, but Drummondville is traditionally off the board with their draft picks.

Picks by Team:

Acadie-Bathurst:

2. Bathurst ---- Jonathan Bernier - G - L-L-L QMAAA - 5'11 180
17. Bathurst ---- Henrik Lavoie - F - Levis QMAAA - 6'01 180

Baie-Comeau:

4. Baie-Comeau ---- Jason Legault - D - West Island QMAAA - 6'01 205
20. Baie-Comeau ---- Stephano Giliati - F - West Island QMAAA - 5'11 185

Cape-Breton:

31. Cape-Breton ---- Maxime Frechette - D - CCL QMAAA - 6'02 167
47. Cape-Breton ---- Sebastien Dube - G - Bas St-Laurent ME Qc - 5'11 151

Chicoutimi:

10. Chicoutimi ---- Pier-Alexandre Poulin - F - Levis QMAAA - 6'04 182
16. Chicoutimi from Quebec via Gatineau ---- Guillaume Durand - D - L-L-L QMAAA - 6'00 217
42. Chicoutimi ---- Nicholas Albany - F - West Island QMAAA - 5'09 171

Drummondville:

6. Drummondville ---- Dany Masse - F - CAG QMAAA - 5'09 181
22. Drummondville ---- Philippe Paquet - D - SSF QMAAA - 6'03 185
38. Drummondville ---- Guy Belisle - F - Gatineau QMAAA - 5'09 196
48. Drummondville via Gatineau ---- Mathieu Bolduc - D - Magog QMAAA - 6'01 162

Gatineau:

5. Gatineau via Quebec ---- Alex Biega - D - West Island QMAAA - 5'09 176
26. Gatineau via Chicoutimi ---- Simon Blais - G - Outaouais ME Qc - 6'00 155
36. Gatineau via Baie-Comeau ---- Wesley Welcher - F - St. John's NFLDMAAA - 5'11 175

Halifax:

1. Halifax ---- James Sheppard - F -Dartmouth NSMAAA - 6'01 184
18. Halifax ---- Stephane Cesar - G - Outaouais ME Qc - 6'01 148

Lewiston:

8. Lewiston ---- Alex Lamontagne - D - Trois-Rivières QMAAA - 6'03 201
40. Lewiston ---- Kyle Kelly - F - West Island QMAAA - 6'01 176

Moncton:

13. Moncton ---- Nicolas Blanchard - F - CAG QMAAA - 6'01 164
24. Moncton via Lewiston ---- Hugo Carpentier - F - Gatineau QMAAA - 6'00 196
29. Moncton ---- Ryan Hillier - F - Dartmouth NSMAAA - 6'00 170
37. Moncton via Quebec ---- Michael Dubuc - F - CAG QMAAA - 6'01 161
45. Moncton ---- Kyle Stanley - D - Gatineau QMAAA - 6'02 190

PEI:

12. PEI ---- Pascal Boutin - D - CCL QMAAA - 6'01 211
28. PEI ---- Jean-Phillipe Chabot - F - Levis QMAAA - 6'00 172
44. PEI ---- Matthew David - F - LacStLouis ME Qc - 6'01 195

Quebec:

No Draft Selections

Rimouski:

14. Rimouski ---- Dean Ouellet - F - Fredricton NBMAAA - 5'10 170
21. Rimouski via Quebec ---- Simon Danis-Pepin - D - Gatineau QMAAA - 6'04 185
30. Rimouski ---- Maxime Tanguay - F - Beauce-Amiante ME Qc - 5'08 136
46. Rimouski ---- Simon Prosper - F - Picotu NSMAAA - 6'02 190

Rouyn-Noranda:

9. Rouyn-Noranda ---- Peter-James Corsi - F - L-L-L QMAAA - 5'10 162
25. Rouyn-Noranda ---- Maxime Noreau - D - West Island QMAAA - 5'11 183
32. Rouyn-Noranda via Gatineau ---- Francois Gauthier - F - Levis QMAAA - 5'08 162
41. Rouyn-Noranda ---- Alexandre Angers-Goulet - F - Rive-Nord - 5'09 146

Shawinigan:

11. Shawinigan ---- Vincent Remillard - F - L-L-L QMAAA - 5'10 165
27. Shawinigan ---- David Crossman - D - Moncton NBMAAA - 6'00 168
33. Shawingan via Acadie-Bathurst ---- Stefan Chaput - F - West Island QMAAA - 5'10 164
34. Shawinigan via Halifax ---- Sebastien Piche - D - Amos QMAAA - 5'10 170
43. Shawinigan ---- Justin Langlois-Beeby - F - Outaouais ME Qc - 5'10 157

Val-D'or:

7. Val D'or ---- Yannik Riendeau - F - CCL QMAAA - 5'08 154
23. Val D'or ---- Michael Dupont - G - L-L-L QMAAA - 6'00 162
39. Val-D'or ---- Matheiu Lachaine - F - Amos QMAAA - 5'10 163

Victoriaville:

3. Victoriaville ---- Benjamin Breault - F - CCL QMAAA - 5'10 168
15. Victoriaville from Halifax via Cape-Breton ---- Graham Bona - D - Dartmouth NSMAAA - 6'03 210
19. Victoriaville ---- Mathieu Labrie - D - Fredricton NBMAAA - 6'00 182
35. Victoriaville ---- Carl Lauzon - F - CCL QMAAA - 5'08 154

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That was a great read, thanks. I also think the PEI will take a defensemen to help out Gragnani and Hruska. I assume they will lose Lambert and Urquhart, so they could use some help up front as well to go with Lapierre and Laliberte (who should be on the 2nd line with Bureau, and Hawes)

Also I didn't know Clement Jodin joined Lewiston. What impact do you think Bobby Smith with have in his first full year as owner, and Roy in Quebec?

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
What do you think of Pascal Anglehart 5'08 163 87-11-07 C D MAAA SS-Francois.
Do you think he have a chance to e draft, he's rated to go in 9th-15th round

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
montreal said:
That was a great read, thanks. I also think the PEI will take a defensemen to help out Gragnani and Hruska. I assume they will lose Lambert and Urquhart, so they could use some help up front as well to go with Lapierre and Laliberte (who should be on the 2nd line with Bureau, and Hawes)

Also I didn't know Clement Jodin joined Lewiston. What impact do you think Bobby Smith with have in his first full year as owner, and Roy in Quebec?

Yeah Boutin could be gone before they pick though...hopefulyl he is still around.

Jodoin joined Lewiston about 2 weeks ago.

Bobby Smith wont have any say. He is the owner, not the GM.

SkoulasOut4theSummer

Jan 2, 2003
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Excellent work as usual, can you tell me what happend to Alex Picard though? Wasn't he suposed to be a 1st round pick? Is he hurt or just didn't enter the draft? :dunno: He looked great during the National Midget tourney.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Evasuk21 said:
Excellent work as usual, can you tell me what happend to Alex Picard though? Wasn't he suposed to be a 1st round pick? Is he hurt or just didn't enter the draft? :dunno: He looked great during the National Midget tourney.

No, he isnt hurt...he should be picked later, around rounds 4-6.

He is a 1987 born, so usually those players dont go as high unless they are dominating.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
At the junior level I would rather Samsonov just for excitment value.

Players like Breault are more common in the Q. Little 5'10 fast guys.

There arent any real big two-way centermen.

Plus i think Sheppards offensive upside is quite good.

Artie

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal, Que
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Its long, yeah i have no life, spare me the jabs ! :)

44. PEI ---- Matthew David - F - LacStLouis ME Qc - 6'01 195 - 25gp/12g/15a/27pts - 1988
He will fit in well with the monsters PEI has up front. PEI is building a very intimidating forward corp, with guys such as Soucey, Hawes, Lalierte, Lapierre and now David. David has decent hockey skills and is a good skater but his main asset is his physical play. He should be an effective player playing in the Maritime division, which is much more physical than the 2 Divisions in Quebec.

Great read. :handclap:

Don't be fooled by the size which may be his biggest asset, His biggest drawback may be his unwillingness to mix it up. Needs to mature a bit more. I would be surprised if he went the Q route. He may opt for US Prep school. He needs the time to mature.

Agree with you on Albany and Chaput.

Not sold yet on Kelly.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Artie said:
Great read. :handclap:

Don't be fooled by the size which may be his biggest asset, His biggest drawback may be his unwillingness to mix it up. Needs to mature a bit more. I would be surprised if he went the Q route. He may opt for US Prep school. He needs the time to mature.

Agree with you on Albany and Chaput.

Not sold yet on Kelly.

I think Alain Vigneault could work wonders withj Matt David. He is raw but he has the tools to be successful.

He will never be a great scorer, but that isnt the type of player he is. Yeah he could go Prep School.

Kelly is kind of the same as David, tools and potential but yet to put it all together. Give him some time and he should be good.\

And i dont know why Chaput is so underrated.

Artie

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal, Que
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
I think Alain Vigneault could work wonders withj Matt David. He is raw but he has the tools to be successful.

He will never be a great scorer, but that isnt the type of player he is. Yeah he could go Prep School.

Kelly is kind of the same as David, tools and potential but yet to put it all together. Give him some time and he should be good.\

And i dont know why Chaput is so underrated.

I think Chaput is underrated due to his size. Most have probably not seen him play. I love the way he plays. Tough and gritty with a decent set of skills.

I would pay money to have a chat with Alain after him dealing with Matt for 4 - 5 months. If Alain has the patience he'll be rewarded with a good player. But many have ventured there before only to be left scratching their heards.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Artie said:
I think Chaput is underrated due to his size. Most have probably not seen him play. I love the way he plays. Tough and gritty with a decent set of skills.

I would pay money to have a chat with Alain after him dealing with Matt for 4 - 5 months. If Alain has the patience he'll be rewarded with a good player. But many have ventured there before only to be left scratching their heards.

I couldnt agree more about Chaput, he is a bulldog and isnt scared of the rough play. He gets his nose dirty, so his size isnt a big deal. And honestly he isnt that small. 5'09 165 for the Q isnt too little.

About David, Alain worked with Dominic Soucy all year, no one wanted him and he turned him into a top 2 line player in 6 months.

PEli*

What an awesome thread. I'm surprised to see that the views on Corsi have changed so quickly. He was a top five guy at the beginning of the year. Other than a poor playoff performance and a bad CSR tourney, what happened?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
PEli said:
What an awesome thread. I'm surprised to see that the views on Corsi have changed so quickly. He was a top five guy at the beginning of the year. Other than a poor playoff performance and a bad CSR tourney, what happened?

I heard he wasnt played much down the stretch, coach didnt have confidence in him or something.

When you watch Corsi play its obvious he has talents, but he seems like an enigma at this stage. If he ever finds his game he could be lethal.

Someone will take him high based on what i just said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad