2004 Offensive UPSIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I agree with Leafaholix

Schremp and Radulov will be the best offensively from that list.

Superfluous U

Jan 15, 2004
At a Stone Prison on a Hill
Well, on which has the better upside, Schremp and Radulov. But on who I think will have scored more points in the NHL in 3-4 years...
I think Tukonen and Picard, because they are likely going to get a chance to play. Tukonen has been touted as very NHL ready, and I think Picard just because I have a feeling he'll play in the NHL sooner rather than later.
Although I think Schremp and Radulov do have higher ceilings, I can't see either making the NHL until they get an opportunity to play in a scoring role, and I don't really see that for either in the next couple of years. Maybe a few years from now, but I doubt either puts up as many points in 1 year as Tukonen will get a chance to put up in 3.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Sticks & Pucks said:
If you guys had to choose 2 of the following players from the 2004 draft based on which has the higher offensive ceiling in a 3 to 4 year time horizon, which 2 would you choose from the following:

Schremp
Picard
Radulov
Ladd
Tukonen
Olesz

Thanks

Olesz and Tukonen

mowthecat

Superfluous U said:
Well, on which has the better upside, Schremp and Radulov. But on who I think will have scored more points in the NHL in 3-4 years...
I think Tukonen and Picard, because they are likely going to get a chance to play. Tukonen has been touted as very NHL ready, and I think Picard just because I have a feeling he'll play in the NHL sooner rather than later.
Although I think Schremp and Radulov do have higher ceilings, I can't see either making the NHL until they get an opportunity to play in a scoring role, and I don't really see that for either in the next couple of years. Maybe a few years from now, but I doubt either puts up as many points in 1 year as Tukonen will get a chance to put up in 3.

Seeing as how Edmonton has neither a #1 or #2 centre at the moment I heartily disagree.

X-SHARKIE

Ladd and Olesz IMO are the safest of picks.

Schremp should be the best offensive talent but you can't ignore Radulov who looks alot like a poor mans Nik Zherdev.

Lauri Tukonen is a big kid whose skill is still coming along and could really be a player down the road as well.

The players you listed are some of my favs in the draft, I think 2004 was an underated draft because there were quite a few scorers with holes in there game, it should be interesting to see how they all devolope.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Sticks & Pucks said:
If you guys had to choose 2 of the following players from the 2004 draft based on which has the higher offensive ceiling in a 3 to 4 year time horizon, which 2 would you choose from the following:

Schremp
Picard
Radulov
Ladd
Tukonen
Olesz

Thanks
SHREMP
RADULOV

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
mowthecat said:
Seeing as how Edmonton has neither a #1 or #2 centre at the moment I heartily disagree.
I agree Schremp will get every opportunity to take a top line job in Edm. I like a player that is confident. Reminds me of the good old days.

Torres Schremp Smyth

Sticks & Pucks

Jul 31, 2002
Thornhill, Ontario
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Ladd and Olesz IMO are the safest of picks.

Schremp should be the best offensive talent but you can't ignore Radulov who looks alot like a poor mans Nik Zherdev.

Lauri Tukonen is a big kid whose skill is still coming along and could really be a player down the road as well.

The players you listed are some of my favs in the draft, I think 2004 was an underated draft because there were quite a few scorers with holes in there game, it should be interesting to see how they all devolope.
I agree. I think Schremp and Radulov because they were two of the better offensive talents in the draft, and they are drafted by teams who lack depth at their positions. These guys will get a shot to play sooner than most think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad