2004 MockDraft. Sign Up Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWS

Jul 8, 2002
Visit site
I thought that the order of the second round picks is based on standings and not the lottery. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, nobody said you can only trade picks...you can trade for players on the other team.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
kngbryn said:
I thought that the order of the second round picks is based on standings and not the lottery. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, nobody said you can only trade picks...you can trade for players on the other team.

kngbryn: You're correct. The lottery can only effect the draft order in the first round. After that, it reverts exclusively to the reverse order of the standings---with the exception of the winner of the Stanley Cup.

TWS

Jul 8, 2002
Visit site
Kick Save said:
kngbryn: You're correct. The lottery can only effect the draft order in the first round. After that, it reverts exclusively to the reverse order of the standings---with the exception of the winner of the Stanley Cup.
Thank you for clarifying that for me. So, for those of you who are complaining about how it is impossible to trade picks if they have not held the lottery yet, you can trade your second round picks without having to worry. :handclap:

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
kngbryn said:
Thank you for clarifying that for me. So, for those of you who are complaining about how it is impossible to trade picks if they have not held the lottery yet, you can trade your second round picks without having to worry. :handclap:

Not to mention only 14 teams in the first round can have their picks moved. The playoff teams have their draft order set until we know the cup winner.

Rather Gingerly 1*

I have the 16th overall pick. I could be looking to trade down 10 slots or so and pick up another draft pick for doing so.

Perez

Feb 27, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Kick Save said:
Sorry, bozo, but how can you trade picks if you don't know which pick you have yet? You still have managed to miss the point of my post.

Look, a-hole, If somebody wants to take the risk to trade ther 1st rounder they can even if they don't know wich overall they will get. It's a ''risk''.

Who carres if they don't know what overall it is, if the pens want to trade ther first rounder now, for example, they could even if we don't know what overall it's going to be. Because we don't know what overall the early first rounder will be it doesn't meen somebody can't take a gamble on a pick kid.

And for the picks above 14 we do know the order smart ass. So yes we can trade pick bozo. ;) :loony:

Last edited:

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Perez said:
Look, a-hole, If somebody wants to take the risk to trade ther 1st rounder they can even if they don't know wich overall they will get. It's a ''risk''.

Who carres if they don't know what overall it is, if the pens want to trade ther first rounder now, for example, they could even if we don't know what overall it's going to be. Because we don't know what overall the early first rounder will be it doesn't meen somebody can't take a gamble on a pick kid.

And for the picks above 14 we do know the order smart ass. So yes we can trade pick bozo. ;) :loony:

You calling me "loony" is like Ted Kennedy offering to give swimming lessons. Yes, you can trade a pick not knowing whether it's fifth overall or first. But anyone who would do that is a blithering idiot. For my enlightenment and edification, please tell me the last time anyone traded a lottery pick between the end of the season and the time the lottery was held. Obviuously, you can't do it.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Perez said:

You calling me "loony" is like Ted Kennedy offering to give swimming lessons. Yes, you can trade a pick not knowing whether it's fifth overall or first. But anyone who would do that is a blithering idiot. For my enlightenment and edification, please tell me the last time anyone traded a lottery pick between the end of the season and the time the lottery was held. Obviously, you can't do it.

TWS

Jul 8, 2002
Visit site
We know what the draft order is so can we all just start. I say if you didn't want to trade picks without knowing at what number you are choosing, then that's your choice. Now, lets stop fighting and start the draft because it is meant to be fun!

Balej

Jan 26, 2004
kngbryn said:
We know what the draft order is so can we all just start. I say if you didn't want to trade picks without knowing at what number you are choosing, then that's your choice. Now, lets stop fighting and start the draft because it is meant to be fun!

Yep.

Cayouche5 is on the clock.. you got 16 hours from now on!
Lets have some fun guys!

The first page will be updated everytime i'm online if there's a pick.. you got 16 hours to make your pick or i'll do it for you.. you can always PM me a list if you want.

Let this thing begin!!!

Perez

Feb 27, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Kick Save said:
but how can you trade picks if you don't know which pick you have yet? .

Kick Save said:
Yes, you can trade a pick not knowing whether it's fifth overall or first.

aren't you contradicting yourself:shakehead :loony:

Kick Save said:
For my enlightenment and edification, please tell me the last time anyone traded a lottery pick between the end of the season and the time the lottery was held.

I know the habs and islanders did in 99'. I agree that to trade a high pick before the draft lottery isn't always a good moove but this discussion was never about if it was a good or bad moove it was about if* it was possible.

At the beginnig you where saying it was impossible to trade a pick because you didn't know where it would end-up... and in your last post you corrected it by saying it was possible and you turn the subject by insulting me and saying things that don't have nothing to do with the initial subject, very funny.;)

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Perez said:
aren't you contradicting yourself:shakehead :loony:

I know the habs and islanders did in 99'. I agree that to trade a high pick before the draft lottery isn't always a good moove but this discussion was never about if it was a good or bad moove it was about if* it was possible.

At the beginnig you where saying it was impossible to trade a pick because you didn't know where it would end-up... and in your last post you corrected it by saying it was possible and you turn the subject by insulting me and saying things that don't have nothing to do with the initial subject, very funny.;)

Two points, Perez, and then you can have the last word on the subject:

1. First, I said, "how can you trade picks if you don't know which pick you have yet?" I suppose, in theory, you can trade, say, the Bluejackets pick, which without the lottery is #5, but after the lottery could be #1, #5 or #6, but then you're not trading a known commodity. Nobody in his right mind would do it.

2. The Habs and Islanders may have made a trade involving an Entry Draft pick, or picks, in '99, but it didn't meet ALL of the following criteria:

A. One or both teams traded a their right(s) in the First Round of the Entry Draft which were undetermined at the time of the trade; and

B. The trade was made AFTER the season ended and BEFORE the lottery had been determined. (Obviously, teams sometimes trade their first round pick during the season which means that neither team knows exactly where that pick will fall in the draft sequence).

You can have the last word. I'm tired of the subject (and I'm sure everyone else is as well.)

Perez

Feb 27, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Kick Save said:
1. First, I said, "how can you trade picks if you don't know which pick you have yet?" I suppose, in theory, you can trade, say, the Bluejackets pick, which without the lottery is #5, but after the lottery could be #1, #5 or #6, but then you're not trading a known commodity. Nobody in his right mind would do it.

You don't give a logical responce, at first you said it was impossible (when after you say it is) and then you end-up saying it's just dump...

Try to read before posting, this all discussion started because you don't read carefully. At the beginning in the 42th post you suggest to the poster Balej to wait after the pool to draft but just in the previous post (that you quoted) Balej says that the draft will start after the lottery is done.

And after you change the subject where you say it's impossible to trade picks. Well it is, I'll agree that it's no convinient to trade picks who are between the 1st overall to the 14th ( even if it's possible) but it is very easy to trade a pick between 15 and 60. At the moment you where only thinking of the early pick wich is understandable and you didn't thing about the late picks that where alot more easier to think but it's ok...

But wath really botherd and annoyed me was when you started calling me stupid names and turning the conversation around from it's initial subeject when you wheren't making sense at the beginnig...

I honestly think that you should just start reading more carefully because you seem to miss things posters are saying and try to stay on subject.

I don't know maybe some other poster could tell me who exactly isn't making sense and try to explain why???

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Sorry I'm a little late, Adelphia's servers were down...yet again...what a lovely day! :banghead:

Anyways...my pick without hesitation.

The Pittsburgh Penguins would like to thank the fine people of Raleigh for their hospitality this weekend. The Pittsburgh Penguins are happy to select from Metallurg Magnitogorsk, center, Evgeny Malkin.

Balej

Jan 26, 2004
Swervedriver said:
So can I have Boston? You said you werent taking any teams and your name is beside the Bruins now?

Yes you can have them without problem. No B's fan applied and the draft begun so I tought i'd take them.. but now it's all yours!!

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Slats is on the clock, Zherdev Fan is on deck, and I'm in the hole.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
With the 4th Pick in the Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets select form Medicine Hat of the WHL...

Cam Barker

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
BTW, this is ZHerdev Fan, after a name change. Samkow=Zherdev Fan.

No need to be alarmed.

Phoenix, your on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad