2004 Draft --> NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
IMO, Malkin isn't ready yet. 5 guys that may be ready right away are Ovechkin, Olesz, Ladd, Tukonen, and Wolski.

st_roland

Foppa_Rules said:
1.Ovehckin,
2.Malkin,

Barker, maybe Ladd. That's 4. I don't know about many others. Maybe that Wojtek Wolski guy. I hear he's pretty good.

From what i've read, Ladd probably won't ever be an "impact" NHLer.

leafaholix*

I think Ovechkin's the only player that can possibly make an impact next year.

There may also be an older player drafted that might make an impact.

But there's always a possibility of a Patrice Bergeron coming out of the draft.

I doubt it though.

st_roland

in the hall said:
then why do some project him as a top 10 pick? :dunno:

Because hes such a well-rounded and mature player I think. Kind of like Kesler in last years draft....although I think Vancouver made a big mistake drafting him @ 17. They already have a solid checking line. They needed a 2nd line guy to line up next to the sedins, and there were PLENTY left. Oi. Poor nuck fans.

st_roland

Carbonneau said:
Jonas Fransson

he's a year older

Totally agree. I'm salivating over this guy and praying he falls to one of the Caps later picks. I've been hoping and hoping the bruins go on a huge losing streak so their 1st that we aquired falls closer to the middle of the round.

leafaholix*

in the hall said:
then why do some project him as a top 10 pick? :dunno:
Some prospects are high picks because they're safe picks.

Meaning that they may never become superstars... but there's a good chance they'll make the NHL and contribute. Other teams try and go big... picking a player that may not be as safe a pick, a project, but has more talent.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
PhoPhan said:
IMO, Malkin isn't ready yet. 5 guys that may be ready right away are Ovechkin, Olesz, Ladd, Tukonen, and Wolski.

Tukonen, imho, is atleast a season away from the NHL. He needs more SM-Liiga games and icetime to be considered ready.

Lepistö might be ready though..

Hoot

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Raimo Sillanpää said:
Tukonen, imho, is atleast a season away from the NHL. He needs more SM-Liiga games and icetime to be considered ready.

What is your take on Tukonen? What are his weaknesses and strengths. And what do you reckon his NHL upside is?

Last edited:

X-SHARKIE

Hoot said:
What is your take on Tukonen? What are his weaknesses and strengths. And what do you reckon his NHL upside is?

Lauri Tukonen is a prospect who could be NHL ready but would be best served to devolope in Finland or in the AHL. He has good size at 6-2 205 pounds. He skates very well, he is good in the corners, very defensivly sound, hustles back, he also has some very good offensive talents. Uses his speed effectivly and has a good shot. His game has really matured this year, from being a speedy sniper, to an all around package. I think Tukonen is a bit underated and could play in the NHL right away.

McKeens has Andrew Ladd btw as there #5 prospect. A bit high IMO. Although I can tell you that if my favroite team has the chance, they'll draft Ladd :)

db23

If he opts in, A.J. Thelen will be in the top 5 picks. My feeling is that he will go third after Ovechkin and Malkin.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
st_roland said:
From what i've read, Ladd probably won't ever be an "impact" NHLer.

I have Hitmen season tickets. Its tough to visualize WHL'ers in NHL settings, but I'm adamant in the fact that Andrew Ladd's stats this year have as much to do with Ryan Getzlaf as they do with Andrew Ladd.

That being said, Ladd seems to be an ultra-responsible player with good puck distribution skills and an impressive late-game effort level. Like I said, this guy is extremely difficult to project. But think Justin Williams.

DR. Holiday

Minnesota Norse Star said:
I have Hitmen season tickets. Its tough to visualize WHL'ers in NHL settings, but I'm adamant in the fact that Andrew Ladd's stats this year have as much to do with Ryan Getzlaf as they do with Andrew Ladd.

That being said, Ladd seems to be an ultra-responsible player with good puck distribution skills and an impressive late-game effort level. Like I said, this guy is extremely difficult to project. But think Justin Williams.

Ladd did very well when getzlaf was at the WJC. He'll go from 7-12 and be a very good top line player down the road. That said I don't see him stepping in next year (even if there was a year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->