2004 draft eligible players, info needed please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
I am looking for information (how is his skating, is he physical, etc.) on the below prospects from people who have seen them play either on TV or live. If you could also give me a projection of how you think he would end up doing in the NHL that would be great.

C Bruce Graham QMJHL Moncton
RW Blake Comeau WHL Kelowna
D Michal Sersen QMJHL Rimouski
D Jordan Smith OHL Sault Ste. Marie
LW Nick Fugere QMJHL Gatineau
D David Schulz WHL Swift Current
LW Mark Tobin QMJHL Rimouski
C Brandon Dubinsky WHL Portland
D Scott Lehman OHL Toronto St. Michaels
C T.J. Hensick CCHA U of Michigan
LW Renaud Des Alliers QMJHL Victoriaville
RW Martins Karsums QMJHL Moncton
D Kevin Schaeffer HOCKEY EAST Boston U.
RW Troy Brouwer WHL Moose Jaw
RW Gino Pisellini OHL Plymouth
D David Halasz OHL Ottawa
LW Mitchell Bartley WHL Vancouver
D Michael Busto WHL Swift Current
D Ryan Pottruff OHL London
RW Ashton Rome WHL Moose Jaw
D Clayton Stoner WHL Tri-City
D Mike Card WHL Kelowna
D Matt Hunwick CCHA U of Michigan
C Chad Klassen WHL Spokane
RW Michael Bartlett CCHA U of Notre Dame
* D Scott/Andrew Hotham OHL Barrie
D Maxim Belanger QMJHL Baie Comeau
G Martin Houle QMJHL Cape Breton
C Matt Christie CCHA Miami U.

* Whats the deal with Scott and Andrew Hotham from Barrie? Both are listed as #19, CSS has Andrew Hotham ranked for the upcoming draft but they have Scotts stats listed. Are they two brothers or something? Please explain.

X-SHARKIE

I have seen Bruce Grahm alot this year, while following Steve Bernier.

Bruce well be taken higher then most expect IMO. He's huge at 6-6 210...once he adds some more muscle he could be scarey. He skates very well for a man his size. He has good hands, he's creative, and its the net hard. He shoots the puck exceptionally well to. He moves the puck to his linemates with ease, he has soft hands in trafic, and knows how to finish. He needs to use his frame more, he needs to get nasty if you will. He could be a steal in the 2nd round, if he was more physical he could sneak into the 1st round. Just as skilled as Brian Boyle IMO.

T.J. Hensick has been very impressive..he's small but his offensive game is outstanding... very very fast, and he can do everything at top sped. He has amazing hands. He is creative with the puck, and shows alot of poise. Small but it doesnt bother him, he's quite strong for a man his size, and doesnt shy away from hits.
Another high 2nd round pick.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Cup4Wings said:
I am looking for information (how is his skating, is he physical, etc.) on the below prospects from people who have seen them play either on TV or live. If you could also give me a projection of how you think he would end up doing in the NHL that would be great.

I've seen all of them, but Bartlett (in the ND games I've seen anyway) didn't play much.

I already posted stuff about Hensick and Schaeffer over on the 2004 Sleepers thread.

Matt Hunwick: Has the makings of a very good two-way defenseman. Very good skater, isn't afraid to use the body. Pretty sound positionally. How well he does in the NHL will be dependent upon how he develops as he grows.

Matt Christie: I really like this kid. He's played with Derek Edwardson and Marty Guerin for a good portion of the season on the RedHawks top line and has done quite well. Excellent skater and smart. He's got good hands, puck-handling and playmaking skills are quite good and could become a very good set-up man at the pro level. He didn't display much physical play in the games I saw him in. Like Hunwick, it all depends on how he develops and puts it all together in the coming years.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Graham should go in the 1st round, top 20-25 I'd say barring a bad playoffs. That size will get a ton of NHL scouts interests.

Hensick I would bet he won't be in the draft unless the rule is changed. Even if so his size has to scare away some scouts but in a weaker draft I'd say 2nd or 3rd round if he's in this draft.

Sersen I like a lot should be a solid 2nd round pick unless he has a big playoffs. I fogot to list him in another thread on this years defensemen, oohps.

Tobin I really like cause he's physical and has good size. I have no idea where he gets picked cause imo after the 3rd round or so it gets really tough to guauge where guys will go, at least for me. I'd guess and say somewhere in the 4th-5th round.

Des Alliers I only saw once and wasn't that impressed with him. Can't say where he would go, 5th-6th round maybe?

Maxim Belanger I just saw a game of his but I don't recall too much about him as I was busy watching the other team. I have it on tape though, so I'll watch it again and look for him.

Mike Card I don't know much about but he was highly rated not too long ago and now he seems all but forgetten. I'd like to hear more about him as he seems like he'd be worth a late pick.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Cup4Wings said:

C Bruce Graham QMJHL Moncton
RW Blake Comeau WHL Kelowna
D Michal Sersen QMJHL Rimouski
D Jordan Smith OHL Sault Ste. Marie
LW Nick Fugere QMJHL Gatineau
D David Schulz WHL Swift Current
LW Mark Tobin QMJHL Rimouski
C Brandon Dubinsky WHL Portland
D Scott Lehman OHL Toronto St. Michaels
LW Renaud Des Alliers QMJHL Victoriaville
RW Martins Karsums QMJHL Moncton
RW Troy Brouwer WHL Moose Jaw
RW Gino Pisellini OHL Plymouth
D David Halasz OHL Ottawa
D Michael Busto WHL Swift Current
D Ryan Pottruff OHL London
RW Ashton Rome WHL Moose Jaw
D Clayton Stoner WHL Tri-City
D Mike Card WHL Kelowna
C Chad Klassen WHL Spokane
* D Scott/Andrew Hotham OHL Barrie
D Maxim Belanger QMJHL Baie Comeau
G Martin Houle QMJHL Cape Breton

* Whats the deal with Scott and Andrew Hotham from Barrie? Both are listed as #19, CSS has Andrew Hotham ranked for the upcoming draft but they have Scotts stats listed. Are they two brothers or something? Please explain.

sounds like you could benefit from a subscription to McKeens or the like :)

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench

Mitch has been one of the go to guys on the Giants this year. Hes been outplayed by the likes of Brule, and Courchaine, but he goes about his business. He works hard every shift, and isn't afraid to throw a nice hit, or take on. NHL Upside - 4th Liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->