2004 College Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKLOOCH22

Jul 23, 2002
Nueva York
Visit site
Considering the new rule for players in college concerning the upcoming draft, does anyone know if these guys rights are held by Junior teams? For example, last year Alex Leavitt left his college team, Wisconsin maybe, for juniors.

Guys like Stafford, Thelen, O'neill, Pineault, Earl, Lewis...

Help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hitman*

I'm sure all the Canadians have junior teams to go to, the high-profile Americans as well. For those who don't, I'm not sure what the rules are if they want to go to the CHL.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Pineault and O'Neill defenitely have CHL rights, I would assume all of them do.

And also....Earl doesn't have to opt in, he opted out last year.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Pineault's rights are owned by Moncton.

He REALLY should opt-out though, he is having a terrible season.

AE12

Dec 6, 2003
MI
Visit site
Schlep Rock said:
Pineault's rights are owned by Moncton.

He REALLY should opt-out though, he is having a terrible season.

Schlep, terrible by whose standards? Did Pineault beat you in Pee Wee Hockey?
You seem to be holding some sort of grudge?

As I have posted before:

I just watched the BC/BU game again (which is one of the biggest rivalries in college hockey), and Pineault scored 2 goals. The second goal was absolutely magnificent. Pineault was also named the 1st star of the game, not to shabby for a 17 year old and the youngest player in Div. 1 hockey in the country. You have to remember that BC has a very deep roster, one that must sit freshmen and others from time to time. All 3 freshmen forwards have sat out games so far. York relies heavily on his upperclassmen. This is a known fact. York develops his freshmen over the year. As far as coasting at BC, NO ONE can coast at this top school.
You need to get the facts before you post. Adam Pineault did not opt into the "Q" draft when he was drafted by Moncton. If he was dead set on major junior he would have done so. Also, Pineault is playing on the #2 team in the country (which will at least make it to the frozen four)with great players and one of the best college coaches in the history of the game. BC's program is exceptional. Pineault made the right decision to go to BC, and from what I have heard, it was Adam's dream to play for BC. I didn't hear he was dreaming of Moncton.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I know Kingston holds Wes O'Neill's rights....... they "wasted" the 2nd overall pick on him. Fronts picked O'Neill right after Schremp and before Wolski :eek: , they're probably still kicking themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad