(2004-2005) Pre-Sesaon NHL Organization Rankings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 6, 2004
Listed below is the latest HF NHL Organization Rankings. This thread is just for kicks, base your opinion the potential prospects that your teams may draft or aquire in the off-season. I'll post my rankings shortly. Have Fun.....

1. Montreal Canadiens
2. Washington Capitals
3. Edmonton Oilers
4. New Jersey Devils
5. Phoenix Coyotes
6. Atlanta Thrashers
7. Buffalo Sabres
8. Columbus Blue Jackets
9. Pittsburgh Penguins
10. Ottawa Senators
11. Anaheim Mighty Ducks
12. Boston Bruins
13. Los Angeles Kings
14. Nashville Predators
15. Detroit Red Wings
16. Dallas Stars
17. Chicago Blackhawks
18. Vancouver Canucks
19. Calgary Flames
20. Minnesota Wild
21. San Jose Sharks
22. St. Louis Blues
23. Florida Panthers
24. Tampa Bay Lightning
25. New York Islanders
26. Toronto Maple Leafs
27. Philadelphia Flyers
28. Carolina Hurricanes
29. New York Rangers
30. Colorado Avalanche

P.S. Washington Caps have solidified the #1 spot on my charts :yo:

Burberry Manning

Feb 27, 2002
Summit NJ-The Elite
Visit site
hockey442 said:
Listed below is the latest HF NHL Organization Rankings. This thread is just for kicks, base your opinion the potential prospects that your teams may draft or aquire in the off-season. I'll post my rankings shortly. Have Fun.....

1. Montreal Canadiens
2. Washington Capitals
3. Edmonton Oilers
4. New Jersey Devils
5. Phoenix Coyotes
6. Atlanta Thrashers
7. Buffalo Sabres
8. Columbus Blue Jackets
9. Pittsburgh Penguins
10. Ottawa Senators
11. Anaheim Mighty Ducks
12. Boston Bruins
13. Los Angeles Kings
14. Nashville Predators
15. Detroit Red Wings
16. Dallas Stars
17. Chicago Blackhawks
18. Vancouver Canucks
19. Calgary Flames
20. Minnesota Wild
21. San Jose Sharks
22. St. Louis Blues
23. Florida Panthers
24. Tampa Bay Lightning
25. New York Islanders
26. Toronto Maple Leafs
27. Philadelphia Flyers
28. Carolina Hurricanes
29. New York Rangers
30. Colorado Avalanche

P.S. Washington Caps have solidified the #1 spot on my charts :yo:
The Rangers should be waaay up that list now. Perhaps not Top 10 but with their upcoming plethora of draft picks as well as the numerous prospects that they have picked up over the deadline, they have a decent stock of prospects. Add to that the emergence of Tyutin, the recovery of Blackburn, the signing of Pock and the impressive showings of Dawes at WJC and you add to the base.

Also I would think that the Flyers would be rated higher than they are. With Richards, Sharp, Carter, Nittymaki, and Pitkanen they have a core of HIGH quality prospects.

Finally I think the Panthers are being underrated as well. J-Bo is sick and then you add in Anthony Stewart, Globke, Novak, and Krajicek

Apr 6, 2004
Do keep in mind that these teams will have a lot of players "graduate" and become full-time NHL players.....i.e. Pitkanen and Bouwmeester.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The Caps added 5 quality prospects at the deadline, are expected to draft Ovechkin, have two late first round picks, two more seconds, and a player in Fehr who doubled his scoring production. I'd be surprised to see us drop. :amazed:

Apr 6, 2004
I couldn't agree more, however being a caps fan myself what else would I say. Being ranked #2 at the current moment and as you stated and surplus of draft early picks they should only move up! Believe it or not, GMGM has a decent past in regards to drafting, I hope that some how Wes O'Neil slips and they can grab him. I have a close friend at Notre Dame that happens to live with Wes, he continues to tell me that he's leaning closer to the draft.

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
I understand the rankings and the nature of this site, but I'm really not in love with the criteria for these ratings. I mean, I understand that this site is dedicated to players that aren't in the NHL yet, but this alone doesn't really depict the future of said team. Just cuz a guy graduates from prospect status doesn't affect the future of a team. It probably makes it better. I really wish there was a second ranking to account for all young players in the system. Players 25 and under, pro or prospect.

thestonedkoala

Sorry I read it wrong...

The Wild have a glut of lower round picks (3rd, 4th, and 5th) picks this year, so I can see them packaging up a deal to move up in the 2nd round or even the 1st. We also got Fernandez on his way out. The Wild are going to be better next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
"coming in" ? Where ? The NHL team? If they do that then they'll graduate and subsequently the Wild move down not up. Im not following the logic of your statement here. The prospects you named are already part of the Wild's current ranking.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
bleeding blue said:
Also I would think that the Flyers would be rated higher than they are. With Richards, Sharp, Carter, Nittymaki, and Pitkanen they have a core of HIGH quality prospects.

Finally I think the Panthers are being underrated as well. J-Bo is sick and then you add in Anthony Stewart, Globke, Novak, and Krajicek

Pitkanen was not counted as a prospect for the rankings and neither is J-Bo. I think Sharp may be considered graduated as well but he is nothing special. When you compare to the rest of the NHL, they dont have a lot of depth beyond Carter and Richards. Niitymaki has had a good year but then again loads of teams are stacked at G.

I agree though.. wouldnt have them 27th in my rankings but its tough.. some teams have to be in the bottom half.

KH1

The Ranger$, Caps and Penguins should all move up. Other then that, the rankings will likely be pretty much the same. There are a lot of teams (like the Islanders and the Flyers) who have a tot of players who aren't counted in the ratings who could help them move up.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Hawks will be up at least 5 spots, maybe more. I thought they were kinda shafted at the preseason rankings, plus we have the #3 pick plus 4 or 5 2nd rounders this year.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Rangers have like 5 or 6 second round picks this year. Isn't that just like the Rangers - get a crap-load of 2nd round picks in a weak draft. Imagine where they'd be if they had those picks in last year's draft. Wow!

Edit - two in round 1, six in round 2

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
DeathFromAbove said:
Rangers have like 5 or 6 second round picks this year. Isn't that just like the Rangers - get a crap-load of 2nd round picks in a weak draft. Imagine where they'd be if they had those picks in last year's draft. Wow!

only 4 of those 2nd rounders are for 2004, the other two are for 2005

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
DeathFromAbove said:

this draft is lacking first round prospects, it is certainly not weak in the second round

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I_r_1337 said:
haha that makes no sence.. but whatever lol. I think Washington will jump into #1.

It means that they aren't many first round caliber prospects, but a bevy of decent talent with sleeper potential.

Semin-Ovechkin-Fehr= great title. :)

thestonedkoala

Rangers should go up there too because they've added Pock...

Wild will go up, because they might move up in the 2nd to grab a player but they have a ton of picks spread throughout the draft and usually do good with lower round picks.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
EroCaps said:
It means that they aren't many first round caliber prospects, but a bevy of decent talent with sleeper potential.

Semin-Ovechkin-Fehr= great title. :)

yeah but what draft are u comparing it to? It's the 2004 entry draft..the 1st rounders are first rounders and the 2nds are 2nds lol.. I mean lets compare it to 96 and we got rounds of 1st rounders :)

Skroob*

If you're saying let 1st rounders be 1st rounders, 2nd's be 2nds, and not compare it to other years (i think thats what you are saying), then you also cant call drafts 'weak' or 'strong' because the only way to do that IS to compare it to other years.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Skroob said:
If you're saying let 1st rounders be 1st rounders, 2nd's be 2nds, and not compare it to other years (i think thats what you are saying), then you also cant call drafts 'weak' or 'strong' because the only way to do that IS to compare it to other years.

exactly..every years different..comparing to other drafts IMO isn't a good idea..take what you got.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
IMHO i thing the capitals will be first... I also think detroit gets into the bottom 10, more around position 20-24... the lack of picks in this years draft and the loss of fleischmann will make the wings drop, regardless of the improved value of howard and/or liv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->