2003 draftees off to awesome starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
zetterberg40 said:
What 2003 draftees are off to great starts that are kinda suprising... just curious

Great Starts:
MA Fleury
Patrice Bergeron

Good Starts:
Eric Staal

Suprising Starts:
Patrice Bergeron

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Eric Fehr is really suprising me and a lot of others as well. Drafted way too high(or most of us thought) is leading the WHL in goals(14 in 15 games played). He's 11th overal in total points. I think he's a sleeper myself. Good scouting work done on behalf of my Crapitals.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
thanks to most of you for replying, but im mostly interested in players not playing in the NHL this year because i can see how much success they are having, but not really prospects as much, thanks though

RI Canuck

Aug 23, 2003
Rhode Island
Visit site
Fleury shut out Chicago tonight and has been awesome.

I've seen Bergeron in nine games and he has been great, especially in the last 5.

Burns has played well in Minnesota considering they haven;t had their top three scorers from last year.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Igor Mirnov is on pace for about a 20-25 point season in the Russian Super League. Not bad for a very late second rounder. For comparison, Andrei Kastitsyn still isn't even playing in the RSL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hossa said:
Igor Mirnov is on pace for about a 20-25 point season in the Russian Super League. Not bad for a very late second rounder. For comparison, Andrei Kastitsyn still isn't even playing in the RSL.

Andrei Kastsitsyn has played 6 games in the RSL, with 1 assist (on Zhederv's game winner) and he has 2 pims. He played in 4 games with CSKA, was sent down to CSKA-2, where he had 8 goals in 8 games, and 5 assists for 13 pts in 8 games. Then he got called up again, so far he's played in two straight, today he had no pts. CSKA plays Saturday.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For the Habs, Jaroslav Halak, who was picked 271st overall, leads all goalies in the Slovak junior league with a 94.58 save % and a 1.76 gaa

X-SHARKIE

Milan Michalek showed up to camp with 15 more pounds of muscle. the guy is a speciman folks. He's dazzled the Sharks coaching staff and players with his stick handling and speed. Was very dominating in pre season and caried it over into his first two NHL games including getting a goal, and was plus 2. Now he has a torn acl and wont be back untill March :( His offensive upside is highly underated.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
montreal said:
Andrei Kastsitsyn has played 6 games in the RSL, with 1 assist (on Zhederv's game winner) and he has 2 pims. He played in 4 games with CSKA, was sent down to CSKA-2, where he had 8 goals in 8 games, and 5 assists for 13 pts in 8 games. Then he got called up again, so far he's played in two straight, today he had no pts. CSKA plays Saturday.

Ok, my bad, although it's still impressive for Mirnov. I know CSKA is a hard team to crack, although with Alex Polushin going down with a knee injury, he should get more ice-time.

I wasn't making a statement on Kastitsyn as much as Mirnov. Kastitsyn is a much better prospect, no doubt, just Mirnov is looking like a major steal.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Well I gotta get a plug in for Phaneuf, He leads the Rebs in scoring (well Fraser might be close now) which I would consider a surprise since most people label him a strictly defensive d-man, he has already got half the points he had last season and this season is only a quarter of a year or so old. I think his offensive ability has grown leaps and bounds since last year and on a team that needs it like the Rebs this year he has been able to show it.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Well I think he's been labelled a Bryan McCabe or Scott Stevens type...

Steven's is the main compairson beacuse Phaneuf is a real warrior with a chip on his shoulder....Stevens was a good, not great, but good offensive defenseman back in the day...so I think in the WHL where he is likely more physically mature and should be playing higher level hockey if possible, it's not to much of a surpsire to see the guy dominating...

That said maybe alot of people don't know as much about him as I do...being a Calgary Boy.....

What about marc Antoine Pouliot....I heard he's doing well not playing with Crosby except for PP....

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
Qubax said:
What about marc Antoine Pouliot....I heard he's doing well not playing with Crosby except for PP....

Yep he have a good season so far.

Cory Urquhart (PEI) and Danny Stewart (Crosby wings) also have great start

DR. Holiday

JayzinSmith said:
Blackhawks D/L Dustin Byfuglien - 245th overall in 2003 Draft

7 goals and 12 pts in 15 games ... and he's 250 lbs.

According to CSS he is still at 270lbs after his intensive off season workouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad