2003 draft picks and reentering the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
on saturday teams will be able to begin negotiating with 2003 draft picks, they will have untill next thursday to get players signed. who are some of the top canadates to go back to into the draft?

I know the Kings have Dustin Brown and Konstantin Pushkarev under contract. They will not have to have college players like Jeff Tambellini, Brian Boyle, Brady Murray, Matt Zaba, Martin Guerin under contract.. correct?

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
After the monster year Brad Richardson had in Owen Sound, as a 5th round pick of Colorado, he may have a good chance at re-entering the draft...this after missing almost a whole year with shoulder surgery. I'd use a 3rd on him...

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
balddog66 said:
After the monster year Brad Richardson had in Owen Sound, as a 5th round pick of Colorado, he may have a good chance at re-entering the draft...this after missing almost a whole year with shoulder surgery. I'd use a 3rd on him...
Why wouldn't Colorado sign him? A 3rd rounder in 2005 might not have a great chance at making any more than a 5th in 2003.

I don't think there are many benefits for a player to reenter this year.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
The higher a player is taken in the draft, the better minimum contract/maximum contract there is for him. At least I believe that is true under the old CBA. I don't know why it wouldn't be in the new one either.

I could be mistaken about both things though.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Flukeshot said:
The higher a player is taken in the draft, the better minimum contract/maximum contract there is for him. At least I believe that is true under the old CBA. I don't know why it wouldn't be in the new one either.

I could be mistaken about both things though.

the same max applies to every player just teams normally only give the max to 1st rounders and each following round gets a little less but that is simply the 'market value' for a guy picked in the 3rd or 4th round, there isn't a rule about it. you could give a 9th round pick the rookie max if you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->