loui erickson
vrana
fritsche
o'sullivan
macArthur
ruzicka
suter
nilson

and these are just names of outstanding players from this tourney never mind studs like Staal and Zherdev an highly touted prospects like fleury and vanek.

Wicked draft!

Vic Rattlehead*

You missed Horton and Michalek in your list!

EDIT----And Mark Stuart!

Last edited by a moderator:

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
shayne said:
phaneouf
carter
richards
bergeron
belle
kostistin
weber
coburn
seabrook
getzlaf
stewart
perry
loui erickson
vrana
fritsche
o'sullivan
macArthur
ruzicka
suter
nilson

and these are just names of outstanding players from this tourney never mind studs like Staal and Zherdev an highly touted prospects like fleury and vanek.

Wicked draft!

You forgot Kesler and Parise, both of whom led USA to WJC gold last year.

Go Flames Go*

Belarus Rocket said:
Now I can say I understand all the hype around Phaneuf,DAMN he Is good,WOW I was just really impressed,this guy Is really the complete package,I wished he was a Habs :cry:

Sutter would trade his kids before he dealt Phaneuf :)

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
Not to be a downer, but in 3 years we could be looking back at that draft and hitting our head against the walls at all the wasted talent, dissapointments and busts. Nothing is for certain.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
saillias said:
Not to be a downer, but in 3 years we could be looking back at that draft and hitting our head against the walls at all the wasted talent, dissapointments and busts. Nothing is for certain.
i agree, but if you look at that list, its a safe bet that almost every guy on it will get a good look at the nhl. if they become stars or not is up to them, but its a safe bet this will be one of the best drafts for guys just making it to the show....which is an accomplishment in of itself.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
jtuzzi21 said:
He's naming guys just from this year, I think.

Then Shafigulin needs to be added presto. Very, very good. Only reason he isn't mentioned is lack of pre-tournament hype.

Has solid tools that make him a potential NHLer and actually performed better than some of the guys named.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
Even though none of them have played an NHL game yet, I would have to say the '03 draft is looking like one of the best in a while for the Flyers. Carter, Richards, Ruzicka and Beauchemin are performing well in the junior ranks. And Romy is a wildcard as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad