2003-2004 Team Event at Tempe Beach Park

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I was looking through my photo archive, and came across a small directory of photos that I took in January 2004. I took my stepdaughter to a Coyotes public event in Tempe. It struck me from some of the photos how much interest there was, before the team did its best to alienate fans. The guy in the first photo is Sean Burke. I think he was still injured, as this event was not long after Brian Boucher's shutout streak ended.

I am wondering if any of you could name the players in the group of four, who were signing autographs. I think the closest one is Freddy Sjostrom, but that's the best I can do (and even that's probably wrong). Anyone, anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0866.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0868.jpg
    IMG_0868.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 2
  • roster_2004.jpg
    roster_2004.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: More Cooley

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Oh man ..the memories.

we gave up a third as well … one of the worst trades… right up there with Selanee
Made it worse that Briere was literally so upset he cried on camera about being traded away. He would have been a lifer. Than again our management would have found a way to ruin him or get rid of him somehow.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Looking back at Coyotes history, so many terrible trades and draft choices I really believe the team is cursed. I mean how can you come out the loser again and again and again?
No stability at every position of the franchise. Now, what you are seeing from the Coyote's is how every NHL operates.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Thanks.

The Gratton for Briere trade is still upsetting. Was it finance/cap related, or just a dumb trade?

Oh man ..the memories.

we gave up a third as well … one of the worst trades… right up there with Selanee

Made it worse that Briere was literally so upset he cried on camera about being traded away. He would have been a lifer. Than again our management would have found a way to ruin him or get rid of him somehow.

And there was no excuse. He’d already proven he could score.
That trade is what led me to HFboards. I was just beside myself, so, so, so salty about that trade. Briere was my favorite player and needed somewhere to vent, somewhere with people who were into the Coyotes as much as myself and would understand why I was ranting so much about it. Stumbled upon HF and have been here ever since, almost 20 years holy crap! haha

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I was looking through my photo archive, and came across a small directory of photos that I took in January 2004. I took my stepdaughter to a Coyotes public event in Tempe. It struck me from some of the photos how much interest there was, before the team did its best to alienate fans. The guy in the first photo is Sean Burke. I think he was still injured, as this event was not long after Brian Boucher's shutout streak ended.

I am wondering if any of you could name the players in the group of four, who were signing autographs. I think the closest one is Freddy Sjostrom, but that's the best I can do (and even that's probably wrong). Anyone, anyone?
They had another one of these at Tempe Lake park area the year prior, I got a picture with Briere and it's kind of hilarious because if you didn't know better you would think he was getting his picture taken with me. haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad