2001 NHL Draft Redo

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.T.

Mar 9, 2002
City of Champions
Visit site
Here is the 2001 NHL Draft redone. I rated the players on who I would take on my team. So here are the top 30 players that I would take on my team from the 2003 draft.

1.__Kovalchuk
2.__Hemsky
3.__Spezza
4.__Ruutu
5.__Chistov
6.__Komisarek
7.__Weiss
8.__Grigorenko
9.__Svitov
10._Koivu
11._Tjutin
12._Hamhuis
13._Perezhogin
14._Blackburn
15._Colaiacovo
16._Kobasew
17._Woywitka
18._Krajicek
19._Nurminen
20._Sjostrom
21._Surovy
22._Goc
23._Gleason
24._Kynazev
25._Emery
26._Leclaire
27._Welch
28._Umberger
29._Bicashiua
30._Morrisonn

What do you think?

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Top 15

Kovalchuk
Spezza
Hemsky
Chistov
Ruutu
Svitov
Koivu
Komisarek
Hamhuis
Tjutin
Weiss
Sjostrom
Kobasew
Colaiacovo
Woywitka

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Kovalchuk is still easily first. Hemsky has shown more to warrent being number two. Ruutu gets that high because of hype. Weiss still belongs in the top 10. Grigorenko is still virtually a question mark IMO. Hamhuis is one of - if not THE best blueline prospect out there. Komisarek doesn't have the offensive potential I'd want in most top ten guys, but I think he is one of the few who warrents such a high pick. Svitov is gonna be great and I think in a couple years he will have leapfrogged Chistov and Ruutu.
1.Kovalchuk
2.Hemsky
3.Spezza
4.Ruutu
5.Chistov
6.Svitov
7.Hamhuis
8.Weiss
9.Komisarek
10.Grigorenko
11.Colaiacovo
12.Kobasew
13.Koivu
14.Emery
15.Blackburn
16.Perezhogin
17.Woywitka
18.Krajicek
19.Tjutin
20.Sjostrom
21.Surovy
22.Gleason
23.Kynazev
24.Leclaire
25.Nurminen
26.Goc
27.Bicashiua
28.Umberger
29.Morrisonn
30.Welch

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
thome_26 said:
Hemsky has shown more to warrent being number two.
1.Kovalchuk
2.Hemsky
3.Spezza

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMER!

Kovalchuk is the unadulterated #1...but Hemsky over Spezza? :dunno:

You need to watch more Sens games...

Last year Hemsky played 59 games and had 30 points...Spezza played 33 games and had 21 points (during sporatic callups).

So far this year...Hemsky has played 6 games and has 7 points...Spezza has played 5 games and has 4 points.

I don't quite see how Hemsky has "Warrented" to be a #2 in the draft in any way, shape or form. Hemsky is awesome...don't get me wrong, I saw him play in Hull a couple of times...but quite frankly to put Hemsky over Havlat at this point in their careers is INSANE!

leafaholix*

When they're fully developed, Spezza will be #1.

Kovalchuk's a 1 way player and will probably score more goals then Spezza, but Spezza will be the better two way player and that means more then putting up just goals.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
go pierre hedin said:

Kovalchuk's a 1 way player and will probably score more goals then Spezza, but Spezza will be the better two way player and that means more then putting up just goals.

Spezza has shown absolutely nothing to indicate that he will ever be a better defensive player than Kovalchuk (not saying Kovalchuk will be any better mind you). At one point he might have had an advantage with Martin as his coach but now that the idiot Fraser has been replaced with a real coach Hartley, that difference is miniscule. Frankly, most Sens games I've seen Spezza has spent a lot of time floating at his own blue line waiting for an outlet pass.

#37-#93-#27*

Hemsky #2? Who are the posters.. ahh makes sense now.

top 10 for me
1.Kovalchuk
2.Spezza
3.Hemsky
4.Chistov
5.Ruutu
6.Svitov
7.Hamhuis
8.Blackburn
9.Komisarek
10.Tjutin
11.Colaiacovo
12.Kobasew
13.Weiss
14.Koivu
15.Surovy

#37-#93-#27*

go pierre hedin said:

I'd say Kovalchuk is better defensively then Spezza is now.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
#37-#93-#27 said:
I'd say Kovalchuk is better defensively then Spezza is now.

Don't forget that right now, Kovalchuk is young veteran. and Spezza almost a rookie.

When the will be veteran, i think that the deference between the two will be miniscule..

So far, Spezza looked great out there....

Bruzin

Jan 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
Can someone tell me why Svitov is still considered as a top 10 guy?

I don't follow Tampa, so maybe I'm going to look like a fool here, but I haven't heard a thing about him since he was drafted.

leafaholix*

Svitov's not a point producer... he's a physical player, that's probably why you haven't heard much about him. A powerforward type.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I'll try a top 15:

1.__Kovalchuk
2.__Ruutu
3.__Spezza
4.__Hemsky
5.__Svitov
6.__Hamhuis
7.__Koivu
8.__Chistov
9.__Weiss
10._Blackburn
11._Krajicek
12._Emery
13._Perezhogin
14._Morrisonn
15._Colaiacovo

evman150*

1.__Kovalchuk
2.__Spezza
3.__Hemsky
4.__Ruutu
5.__Komisarek
6.__Chistov
7.__Grigorenko
8.__Tjutin
9.__Woywitka
10._Svitov
11._Krajicek
12._Perezhogin
13._Emery
14._Kobasew
15._Weiss

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Mizral said:
I'll try a top 15:

1.__Kovalchuk
2.__Ruutu
3.__Spezza
4.__Hemsky
5.__Svitov
6.__Hamhuis
7.__Koivu
8.__Chistov
9.__Weiss
10._Blackburn
11._Krajicek
12._Emery
13._Perezhogin
14._Morrisonn
15._Colaiacovo

Ouch, no love for Kobesew.
:cry:

Frozen Testicle

1.Kovalchuk
2.Spezza
3.Hemsky
4.Ruutu
5.Chistov
6.Blackburn
7.Hamhuis
8.Weiss
9.Kobasew
10.Emery
11.Krajicek
12.Woywitka
13.Koivu
14.Grigorenko
15.Colaiacovo
16.Perezhogin
17.Sjostrom
18.Komaserek
19.Svitov
20.Tjutin
21.Surovy
22.Gleason
23.Umberger
24.Leclaire
25.Nurminen
26.Goc
27.Bicashiua
28.Kynazev
29.Morrisonn
30.Welch

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Bruzin said:
Can someone tell me why Svitov is still considered as a top 10 guy?

It;s almost purely based on potential. He has the complete package to be a physical player who can contribute offensively and shut down the opposition.

Problem is, he has been struggling. The games I have seen him play last year, he showed a *few* flashes of brilliance but was mostly ineffective. I thought it might be the season he spent in hell due to political problems and he would be alright this year but it doesn't seem to be the case.

So they sent him down to the AHL. Then you have another problem: TB's farm system, thanks to loser-Dudley, is absolutely pathetic. So they made arrangements with Hamilton, where Svitov didn't seem to do much the first few games statistically. I don't know about his actual play there.

It seems Svitov's story is the kind of road you don't want a prospect to take, IMO. Lost development time, then was thrown at the highest level possible, etc.

If the Lightning handle him well and he has the desire to succeed, I believe he can still be a force.

In short, why is he ranked so high? Is it because of his talent alone? Probably not. It's because the kind of talent package he has is difficult to find in the NHL and usually something every team is after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->