2001 Draft - YOU ARE THE GM, Picks 4 to 9.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
In order, the players taken

- C Stephen Weiss
- W Stanislav Chistov
- C Mikko Koivu
- D Mike Komisarek
- G Pascal Leclaire
- C Tuomo Ruutuu

Knowing what we know right now, and considering some of those guys will STILL improve, who are you selecting (and order, pls)?

BTW, I know it's somewhat unfair to insert Chistov there, but I wanted to put in Weiss, and thus made no sense in keeping Chistov out of this thread... Even if we would assume he would land 9th (what I would do...) .

Consider the "team needs" when selecting out, picking your local team (both at that time and right now), if possible.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada

- C Stephen Weiss
- W Stanislav Chistov
- C Mikko Koivu
- D Mike Komisarek
- G Pascal Leclaire
- C Tuomo Ruutuu

Knowing what we know right now, and considering some of those guys will STILL improve, who are you selecting (and order, pls)?

BTW, I know it's somewhat unfair to insert Chistov there, but I wanted to put in Weiss, and thus made no sense in keeping Chistov out of this thread... Even if we would assume he would land 9th (what I would do...) .

Consider the "team needs" when selecting out, picking your local team (both at that time and right now), if possible.

Leclaire
Komisarek
Koivu
Weiss
Ruutu
Chistov

Balk

Healthy Scratch

- C Stephen Weiss
- W Stanislav Chistov
- C Mikko Koivu
- D Mike Komisarek
- G Pascal Leclaire
- C Tuomo Ruutuu

- C Stephen Weiss
- D Mike Komisarek
- C Tuomo Ruutuu
- C Mikko Koivu
- G Pascal Leclaire
- W Stanislav Chistov

I would have put Ruutuu higher if he hadn't had all the injury problems.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
1 G Pascal Leclaire
2 C Tuomo Ruutuu
3 D Mike Komisarek
4 C Stephen Weiss
5 C Mikko Koivu
6 W Stanislav Chistov

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Mines...

D Mike Komisarek (a need in 2001, and would create huge hole in the lineup today)
C Mikko Koivu (a need now, bigger than Weiss... I do think his ceiling is higher overall)
C Stephen Weiss (as Koivu, only I think the Habs should get bigger... and Koivu is bigger)
C Tuomo Ruutuu (way too much injured)
G Pascal Leclaire (no need for another goalie, unsure about his future capacities as a no.1 guy)
W Stan Chistov (obvious)

Furious-t

Dec 14, 2004
C Stephen Weiss
D Mike Komisarek
C Tuomo Ruutuu
G Pascal Leclaire
C Mikko Koivu
W Stanislav Chistov

Lux Aurumque*

C Mikko Koivu
C Stephen Weiss
D Mike Komisarek
C Tuomo Ruutuu
G Pascal Leclaire
W Stanislav Chistov

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
- D Mike Komisarek
- C Stephen Weiss
- C Mikko Koivu
- G Pascal Leclaire
- C Tuomo Ruutuu
- W Stanislav Chistov

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If I were the GM I would pick the BPA at the time which was Chistov and develop him differently then the way Anaheim did.

I'm one of the few that's on board with Chistov still I see. I would take him over Ruutu and Weiss based solely on his upside. Remember, this guy still hasn't been even a chance by Anaheim since he came back. He should be riding shotgun with McDonald and Selanne. Just imagine that havoc all that speed would cause. When given a chance, I think he'll score.

Now if I was really picking 4-9 and you consider the top 3 to be Kovalchuk, Spezza and Hemsky, then I would be looking at Roy, Cammalleri, Welch, Pominville, Hamhuis in some order.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad