26. Capitals - Nick Schultz
27. Bruins - Antti Miettinen
28. Flyers - Jonas Nordqvist
29. Red Wings - Nikita Alexeev
30. Blues - Travis Moen

hope i didn't miss anyone.. was in a little rush.. lol :yo:

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
When Lundqvist plays well for an entire season you can talk. Until then, he is not the third best, not even in the top 5.

He's played well for two consecutive seasons, 2005-2006 and 2006-2007, hence the two Vezina nominations.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
looks like the sens ended up with 3 of the top 20 in this draft - heatley, volchenkov, and vermette

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Eh..? Getzlaf ANY day over Gaborik.. even prior to their Stanley Cup run. He seriously has to have the best hands in hockey today. Gaborik is one-dimensional, even though he has improved a bit. Getzlaf plays in ALL situations. The only thing missing in Getzlaf is his skating but he more than makes up for it with his smarts. Gaborik is a speedy scoring winger. Plenty of those in the NHL. Not a lot of potential Joe Thorntons though, which imo Getzlaf very well may pan out to be when he's 27 if not sooner. Some of you may laugh - but you have not been paying attention to this kid's talent.

Probably one of the craziest things ive evber read. your telling me that Getzlaf with be a 100 assist player? hahaha no ****in chance

hahahaha. you obviously dont pay attention to Gaboriks talent hes is alot more then just a speedy winger and a whole lot more getzlafs come around that gaboriks.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
Gaborik is one of the scariest players in the game, offensive wizard

Getzlaf is totally different, offensive, defensive...all around, but fantastic at that...i think Getzlaf can hit the 105 pt mark, but in doing so turning a lot of heads and making his coaches very happy, he'll also end up with a high +/- on the good side ;)

I'd want both guys on my team, but in terms of a team I'd want to build around Getzlaf more, he showed already that he can get the job done in the post-season

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
1. Islanders - Dany Heatley
2. Thrashers - Marian Gaborik
3. Wild - Rick Dipietro
4. Blue Jackets - Henrik Lunqvist
5. Islanders - Jean-Michael Liles
6. Predators - Justin Williams
7. Bruins - Alexander Frolov
8. Lightning - Anton Volchenkov
9. Flames - Scott Hartnell
10. Blackhawks - Matthew Lombardi
11. Blackhawks - Jarret Stoll
12. Ducks - Brad Boyes
13. Canadiens - Raffi Torres
14. Avalanche - Antoine Vermette
15. Sabres - Marcel Hossa
16. Canadiens - Ron Hainsey
17. Oilers - Niklas Kronwall
18. Penguins - Rotislav Klesla
19. Coyotes - Ilya Brizgalov
20. Kings - Michel Oulette
21. Senators - Matt Pettinger
22. Devils - Paul Martin
23. Canucks - Brooks Orpik
24. Leafs - Joel Lundqvist
25. Stars - Petteri Nummelin
26. Capitals - Nick Schultz
27. Bruins - Antti Miettinen
28. Flyers - Jonas Nordqvist
29. Red Wings - Nikita Alexeev
30. Blues - Travis Moen

hope i didn't miss anyone.. was in a little rush.. lol :yo:

You missed Lubomir Visnovsky.

shuriken

Apr 20, 2006
Are you insane? Getzlaf is NOT a franchise player. At best, he is a solid first liner, but he will never be a star. Gaborik has been injure a lot, but he has been one of the best players in the league since the lock out. If you honestly think that Gaborik is a dime-a-dozen player, then you really must not like Pavel Bure. Saying Gaborik is nothing special becuase of his style and/or injury would have to mean that you think the same about Bure.

Yes, you are correct, that is exactly what I think about Gaborik. An explosive offensive player with a selfish touch and too many injuries. He's a pure goal-scorer.

You guys think I'm overrating Getzlaf... I think you're vastly underrating him. Seriously, I don't think I've seen better hands since Mario. Maybe I'm committing to that statement too early in Getzlaf's career, but what's the point in predicting and having opinions if not risking somethin.

As for the comparison to Joe... I didn't mean he's gonna be a 100 assist guy. I meant the fact of skill and size combined and being more all-round than the next star.

It's like comparing Joe to Jagr last year. Joe worked defensively too, Jagr didn't. Getzlaf does.... Gaborik doesn't, not nearly as much.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
Yes, you are correct, that is exactly what I think about Gaborik. An explosive offensive player with a selfish touch and too many injuries. He's a pure goal-scorer.

You guys think I'm overrating Getzlaf... I think you're vastly underrating him. Seriously, I don't think I've seen better hands since Mario. Maybe I'm committing to that statement too early in Getzlaf's career, but what's the point in predicting and having opinions if not risking somethin.

As for the comparison to Joe... I didn't mean he's gonna be a 100 assist guy. I meant the fact of skill and size combined and being more all-round than the next star.

It's like comparing Joe to Jagr last year. Joe worked defensively too, Jagr didn't. Getzlaf does.... Gaborik doesn't, not nearly as much.

So untrue

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
Gaborik is one of the scariest players in the game, offensive wizard

Getzlaf is totally different, offensive, defensive...all around, but fantastic at that...i think Getzlaf can hit the 105 pt mark, but in doing so turning a lot of heads and making his coaches very happy, he'll also end up with a high +/- on the good side ;)

I'd want both guys on my team, but in terms of a team I'd want to build around Getzlaf more, he showed already that he can get the job done in the post-season
I hope you are not saying Gabby has yet to show it in the playoff,because if you are you should know he finnished 3rd in the 2003 playoff points race 1 point back of Langenbrunner and Niedermayer in 6 less games,on a team full of cast offs at the ripe old age of 20.

http://hockeynut.com/0203/playoffs2003/stats2003.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->