OT: 2000 Eastern Conference Finals

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Lindros scored a goal as time expired in the second period of Game 6 that was ruled no goal.

Then motha effin POS Scott Stevens put a dirty nuclear hit on him early in Game 7 that ruined his career.

John LeClair, as usual, turned into a pumpkin at the sight of Marty Brodeur.

RIP

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lindros' waived off goal in Game 6 was certainly a factor..but the team simply let off the gas when Lindros came back. That never should have happened.

Game 7 was lost as soon as that scumbag Stevens did what he did. How anyone could go after the head of someone 2 games back from a major concussion is beyond me. Some scumbaggery transcends the sport.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Lindros' waived off goal in Game 6 was certainly a factor..but the team simply let off the gas when Lindros came back. That never should have happened.

Game 7 was lost as soon as that ******* Stevens did what he did. How anyone could go after the head of someone 2 games back from a major concussion is beyond me. Some scumbaggery transcends the sport.
LMAO at blaming Stevens for doing his job. Lindros came barreling across the middle with his head down and Stevens delivered a clean shot (shoulder to face). How anyone could take so many hits to the head that resulted in concussions and still not learn to skate with his head up was the problem.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
LMAO at blaming Stevens for doing his job. Lindros came barreling across the middle with his head down and Stevens delivered a clean shot (shoulder to face). How anyone could take so many hits to the head that resulted in concussions and still not learn to skate with his head up was the problem.

Oh I agree..I just think it was shitty.

Reactions: The Madrigal

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Stevens knew what he was doing. He deliberately tried to injure key players and he didn't do that shit in the regular season. He did the same with Kozlov in '95.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Stevens knew what he was doing. He deliberately tried to injure key players and he didn't do that **** in the regular season. He did the same with Kozlov in '95.
Fore sure. Some of his big hits were clean though, like the one on Lindros. His shoulder was what struck Lindros and on the follow through his elbow came up. In today's p***yfied world it's obviously a penalty because there was head contact but back then it was clean by the letter of the law.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
By the letter of the law it wasn't exactly a penalty but yes, the NHL has moved toward eliminating that stuff from the game. Stevens also used to do this thing (only in the playoffs) where he would low-bridge guys and try to take out their knees.

I think most people would acknowledge that the Scott Stevens style of defense is basically illegal in today's NHL. When I run into Ken Daneyko this summer I'll ask him about it.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
By the letter of the law it wasn't exactly a penalty but yes, the NHL has moved toward eliminating that stuff from the game. Stevens also used to do this thing (only in the playoffs) where he would low-bridge guys and try to take out their knees.

I think most people would acknowledge that the Scott Stevens style of defense is basically illegal in today's NHL. When I run into Ken Daneyko this summer I'll ask him about it.
I agree. Stevens wouldnt have a career in todays NHL.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Physical players back then were products of their environment. The league didn’t really enforce much & neither did the refs. They more so let it up to the players to get their pound of flesh in. So guys took advantage of that.

Guys like Lindros & Stevens would be fine in today’s game because they had legit talent & they would adjust to their environment. The plugs are the guys that would be in trouble & out of a job just like we saw earlier in the decade when the league started cracking down.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
From what I remember, the Flyers didnt show up in game 5. Even before Lindros returned I believe that game switched the momentum.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
From what I remember, the Flyers didnt show up in game 5. Even before Lindros returned I believe that game switched the momentum.

Same here.
As far as I remember they appeared shaky the whole series and I was never really feeling it as a fan in that series.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Stevens did that because he was always allowed to do it.

He did that to Lindros, and it was what it was. He did the same thing to Shane Willis with 10 seconds left in a playoff game the Devils had won and put him in the hospital.

But the Flyers, they just got beat. The Devils were still a great team. They were only 2 points behind the Flyers and waxed the Leafs in the previous series. That was the one where in an elimination game, Toronto only managed 6 shots on goal

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Stevens did that because he was always allowed to do it.

He did that to Lindros, and it was what it was. He did the same thing to Shane Willis with 10 seconds left in a playoff game the Devils had won and put him in the hospital.

But the Flyers, they just got beat. The Devils were still a great team. They were only 2 points behind the Flyers and waxed the Leafs in the previous series. That was the one where in an elimination game, Toronto only managed 6 shots on goal

He really was a scumbag.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Fore sure. Some of his big hits were clean though, like the one on Lindros. His shoulder was what struck Lindros and on the follow through his elbow came up. In today's *****fied world it's obviously a penalty because there was head contact but back then it was clean by the letter of the law.
Lol yeah because protecting the health of the players isn't important

Reactions: Rebels57

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Lindros scored a goal as time expired in the second period of Game 6 that was ruled no goal.

Then motha effin POS Scott Stevens put a dirty nuclear hit on him early in Game 7 that ruined his career.

John LeClair, as usual, turned into a pumpkin at the sight of Marty Brodeur.

RIP
qft.

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia

Yeah, I remember this. Game 5 was a one sided game, the Flyers did not show up which was stunning to me (even at only 10 years old). After Lindros's no goal in game 6 things did not look good.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
A clean hit?!?
Nope
Stevens is a scumbag made his living delivering cheap dirty hits left and right, yeah he hit like a truck but absolutely f*** him and that jerked off franchise

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Stevens was, is and always shall be a walking, talking, pud-pulling piece of shit. With that said, Lindros was his own worst enemy. That he never learned to keep his head up, especially knowing that head hunting douche nozzle was out there, was completely beyond belief or explanation. Getting blown up in 98 by that syphilitic goat f***er Kasparitis should have been enough to get his attention, but apparently not.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Stevens was a great offensive dman during the 80's with Washington.

In fact he was considered one of the best offensive dmen (or at least all around dmen) until he went to NJ.

Stevens is a POS but he had the skill to have a complete game. He would dominate during any era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->