20 year old Brent Burns

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossCheck

Feb 27, 2002
Hockey home, Canada
Visit site
I just acquired this young kid in a keeper league and I would like to a have quick report on his evolution since his draft day as I dont get to see him quite often in the east coast.

Is he still "switching" around?

Any offensive potential?

Captain, PP, PK material?

How about his aggressiveness/intensity?

Will he be top 4 D or top 6 W?

thanks guys!

:bow:

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
well

IMO, I've seen a lot of him and he has incredible upside on defense, and not nearly as much upside at forward.

He can become a great D man if they just leave him there, I hate what they are doing to him with a passion. :madfire:

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
CrossCheck said:
I just acquired this young kid in a keeper league and I would like to a have quick report on his evolution since his draft day as I dont get to see him quite often in the east coast.

Is he still "switching" around?

Any offensive potential?

Captain, PP, PK material?

How about his aggressiveness/intensity?

Will he be top 4 D or top 6 W?

thanks guys!

:bow:

lemaire is still moving him around to an extent...he is playing forward, but has been working the point and down low on PP's...I guess, in hindsight, that Burns is very versatile as a player and affords lemaire to move him around...although every wild fan *****ing hates it.

I don't think he'll be the power forward some projected him to be, but a top 2, maybe top pairing d man isnt out of the question...which would lead him to see time in all situations...he looked terrific at D at the beginning of this year, and has spot filled when some of our d has sucked during games.

He isn't overly aggressive/intense...meaning he doesnt have the mean streak of a chara or a phaneuf, but is very smart and crafty defensively...he is very very good at stick checking, using his reach to poke pucks away from opposition, and when the time is right, he can deliver some healthy hitting, but not get carried away with it...a tremendous skater, great shot...

tis a shame lemaire doesn't have him on the point, cuz we sure as hell dont need daniel tqarntvist back there...

Sherlock

Aug 2, 2005
Minne-snow-ta
DeuceUNO said:
lemaire is still moving him around to an extent...he is playing forward, but has been working the point and down low on PP's...I guess, in hindsight, that Burns is very versatile as a player and affords lemaire to move him around...although every wild fan *****ing hates it.

I don't think he'll be the power forward some projected him to be, but a top 2, maybe top pairing d man isnt out of the question...which would lead him to see time in all situations...he looked terrific at D at the beginning of this year, and has spot filled when some of our d has sucked during games.

He isn't overly aggressive/intense...meaning he doesnt have the mean streak of a chara or a phaneuf, but is very smart and crafty defensively...he is very very good at stick checking, using his reach to poke pucks away from opposition, and when the time is right, he can deliver some healthy hitting, but not get carried away with it...a tremendous skater, great shot...

tis a shame lemaire doesn't have him on the point, cuz we sure as hell dont need daniel tqarntvist back there...

I agree with pretty much all of this. Burns was on the fast track to being our top defenseman at the start of the year, but he has been inconsistent at forward. Sometimes he looks like he *could* be the power forward people project, and other times he looks like one of those 9 year olds that just follows the puck all over the ice.

I guess it does say something about the fact that Lemaire trusts him to play anywhere at this young age (that was mentioned in another thread/board, I believe), but his minutes do seem to be going south lately (the last couple games he has only had about 7 minutes on ice, and on the 19th I think he only had two shifts in the third period).

But like Deuce said, there isn't a single Wild fan that enjoys seeing this kid be shifted around so much.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Sherlock said:
But like Deuce said, there isn't a single Wild fan that enjoys seeing this kid be shifted around so much.
If it means he plays instead of eats popcorn, I like it. Just sayin'. ;)

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
why don't they just leave him in one position for goodness sakes! They're going to make another Dandenault out of him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->