#2 Ultimate 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Hey, ya i said before that i would be making another mock draft after the playoffs but i have decided to make one now before the final Draft Order is determined.

1 - Washington Capitals - Alexander Ovechkin
Pos: Left Wing Height: 6'3 Weight: 200lbs
Ovechkin is basically a lock for the 1st overall selection no matter what team is drafting 1st. He has the most potential out of all the crop in the draft and the Washington Capitals will use him to sell tickets as well as win games.

2 - Pittsburgh Penguins - Evgeni Malkin
Pos: Centre Height: 6'3 Weight: 186lbs
Malkin in Pittsburgh is a great fit, although he is no Ovechkin Malkin does bring a variety of skills to the Pens Organization. He has had some concussion issues during his draft year but nothing can stop him from being drafted 2nd overall.

3 - Chicago Blackhawks - Robbie Schremp
Pos: Centre Height: 6'0 Weight: 195lbs
The Hawks traded away Sullivan and Zhamnov so they need a forward to replace them and Schremp is definetley the guy for the job. He has all the skills to become a successful NHLer and if he is the go to guy he will shine.

4 - Columbus Blue Jackets - Cam Barker
Pos: Defence Height: 6'3 Weight: 206lbs
The Jackets have a weak defensive core other than Rositslav Klesla who hasnt shown that he can be counted on as a true #1 dman, not to say that he wont improve, but right now it seems fitting that the Jackets draft a franchise dman in Barker

5 - Phoenix Coyotes - Rostislav Olesz
Pos: Centre Height: 6'2 Weight 191lbs
He was once considered to be right there behind Malkin in terms of talent and skill but injury issues have dropped his stock slighty, but none the less he still has tons of offensive talent to bring to Phoenix.

6 - New York Rangers - Wojtek Wolski
Pos: Left Wing Height:6'2 Weight:188lbs
Wolski could be the missing piece to the young talent in the system, he has some solid potential to become a 1st line LWer, despite not having tons of offensive abilities he can be counted on to bring some good size and leadership.

7 - Florida Panthers - Andrew Ladd
Pos: Left Wing Height: 6'2 Weight 199lbs
Good size to go along with good offensive abilities makes Andrew Ladd a top prospect, and the panthers could be looking to add him to the already young and talented panther system.

8 - Carolina Hurricanes - A.J Thelen
Pos: Defence Height: 6'2 Weight: 205lbs
Standing at 6'2 and 205lbs he has a pretty big frame, but with this big frame he comes with great offensive abilities that the Hurricanes will be looking for come draft time. With no apparent stud blueliners for the Hurricanes Thelen will bring exactly that to the table.

9 - Anaheim Mighty Ducks - Lauri Tukonen
Pos: Centre Height: 6'2 Weight: 196lbs
Tukonen has one the higher offensive talents in the draft but also seems to be solid all around player so he should bring joy to the Ducks to draft such a well rounded player.

10 - Atlanta Thrashers - Drew Stafford
Pos: Right Wing Height:6'2 Weight: 200lbs
Another pretty big frame, Stafford will be an excellent addition to the ever improving Thrashers. He is a smooth skating winger with hands that shine.

11 - Los Angeles - Marek Schwarz
Pos: Goalie Height: 5'11 Weight: 165lbs
Los Angeles is in need of a franchise goalie. Marek Schwarz conisdered the top goalie in this draft will bring some good quickness as well as good posistioning

12 - Minnesota Wild - Alexandre Picard
Pos: Left Wing Height: 6'2 Weight: 190lbs
The very strong offensive player with moderate defensive abilities will fit in the Minnesota Wild organization very well as he should play a good role alongside the already stud winger Gaborik.

13 - Buffalo Sabres - Enver Lisin
Pos: RightWing Height: 6'1 Weight: 189lbs
Lisin one of the fastest, best skating players to enter this draft who is a good solid goal scorer. With his quickness and strong acceleration he can become a deadly scorer in the NHL and a good fit in Buffalo.

14 - Edmonton Oilers - Alvaro Montoya
Pos: Goalie Height: 6'2 Weight: 178lbs
The 2nd best goalie right there behind Schwarz should be going to a team that also needs a franchise goalie. Trading away a descent 1st string goalie in Salo and making Conklin the 1st stringer wont take them to far in the future. Despite Conklin playing pretty good for the Oils, he isnt the guy to count on in the future.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
i know for a fact the rangers have zero interest in wolski, if ladd, schremp and a few others are on the board {which at least one of them will} they aren't passing on them.

Divine Wind

#2 said:
14 - Edmonton Oilers - Alvaro Montoya
Pos: Goalie Height: 6'2 Weight: 178lbs
The 2nd best goalie right there behind Schwarz should be going to a team that also needs a franchise goalie. Trading away a descent 1st string goalie in Salo and making Conklin the 1st stringer wont take them to far in the future. Despite Conklin playing pretty good for the Oils, he isnt the guy to count on in the future.

you forget about JDD who jsut outplayed Fluery in the QMJHL playoff series against each other, he is our future hope, but i agree he may not be a sure thing, and Montoya would be more than welcome.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Oh Jeff Delauriers, hes a good tender but i dont think he is a franchise goalie. He still has some work to do before he can make the jump to being a 1st stringer.

Last edited:

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
#2 said:
Yup i should have switched Wolski and Tukonen around
would that make more sense?

As an Anaheim fan, I can tell you that "switching" Wolski and Tukonen won't cut it. If the draft evolves as you predict---including the Rangers taking Tukonen---you can pretty much bet that the Ducks would go for Stafford.

I think Ladd, Thelen & Stafford would be their priorities. Hard to say whether they'd go for Ladd or Thelen if both were available when their turn rolled around.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Kick Save said:
As an Anaheim fan, I can tell you that "switching" Wolski and Tukonen won't cut it. If the draft evolves as you predict---including the Rangers taking Tukonen---you can pretty much bet that the Ducks would go for Stafford.

I think Ladd, Thelen & Stafford would be their priorities. Hard to say whether they'd go for Ladd or Thelen if both were available when their turn rolled around.

I don't agree. IMO the priorities for the Ducks are Ladd, Thelen and O'Neill. I never heard much of Anaheim interested in Stafford and personally I'm not that high on him, but I would rather have him than Wolski thought.
IF (very unlikely) Tukonen is available for our pick, Anaheim would take him in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad