GDT: [#2] Stars @ Blues

Zapp

Jannies lol
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Looking like it's going to be another year of embarrassment for the Stars. This is pathetic.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Well, no sign of trademark Hitchcock defensive genius so far. No structure, etc. I hope it just takes time to implement. What's the song, look at the new boss, same as the old boss? Ouch.

One thing is reminiscent of the H1 era, they start like a ball of fire but seldom have any goals to show for it at the end of the first period. From memory (which is always a little faulty) it seemed even in the SC years we seemed to waste a lot of good offense without scoring in the first.

The other negative is Kari giving up the goal on the short side, which seemed to be a trend last year. In the Vegas game, some thought he made himself small on the second goal, but I was willing to forgive, thinking is only sin was only semi committing to poking the puck away. If he did shrink up, a typical problem, and he did fail to cover the post on an open shot from angle, I already felt the hair on my neck standing up thinking "same old Kari" maybe he has just lost it.

Granted, too early to complain, but statistically, didn't we learn that teams out of the playoff race fairly early, like Thanksgiving, really don't have enough time to get back in the race, save a miracle? I will start worrying about Halloween.

Reactions: Jorkkila

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Kari has lost his lateral mobility. He doesn't get across the crease as quickly as he used to. To compensate, he always cheats in his positioning by getting more away from his post than he should. It's why he gives up so many ugly short side goals.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I didn't watch the game, but I kept checking the score.

Methot-Oleksiak needs to stop being a thing immediately. They were unsurprisingly awful in terms of CF% last night. Same with Pitlick, Shore and Hanzal.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
On a positive note. The preds weren't very good to start the year last season after their overhaul. Sometimes these things take time to adapt to a new structure and build new chemistry. Still 80 games to go, not worried.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Yeah, maybe thinking they were a contender this season was a bit too bullish, and the reality will be more like a bubble team this season (with a possibility of a decent run), and then legit contender next season once the system is fully learned and chemistry is worked out (and they don't all hate Hitch yet :sarcasm:).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad